Sky sports, things that really p*ss me off

Turkish

classic statement on Sky Sports news just now. "Man Utd go into christmas top of the table, 6th time since the start of the premier league, 3 times they have gone onto win it"

1/ what about the 100+ years of football before the PL started?

2/ if this is the 6th time they have been top at christmas and 3 times they have won it they have actually only won the title one time more than they haven't won it and if they dont win it this season then it'll be 50/50. What a f*cking pointless statement. Knobs.

Pointless statement anyway unless you believe there is a causal link between historical results and matches yet to happen.

I ****ing hate 90% of the ****s who work in the media. They are ****ing useless tossers; they are the waste processers of the technological age; regurgitating their own spew endlessly; drenching the masses with their toxic ejaculate; saturating discourse with tedium; suffocating intellect with a "Dinlo" carrier bag.

Edited by benjii

I'm looking forward to the game today. It should be good because Sunderland have not won at Old Trafford since a 2-1 win in May 1968. Their last league win was by the same scoreline in March 1997, although they did beat them in the League Cup in 2000 (2-1 after extra time). Also, two of the last three meetings between these teams have ended in a draw, including the 0-0 result at the Stadium of Light in October. Another suggestion that it will be interesting is that Sunderland have been hit by late goals on their two most recent visits to Old Trafford. Last season, Anton Ferdinand's 94th-minute own goal earned United a 2-2 draw while in December 2008, Nemanja Vidic also struck in injury time to give the Red Devils a 1-0 win. United are looking for a fourth consecutive Premier League win. They are still unbeaten this season and Ji-Sung Park has scored four goals in United's last four league matches at Old Trafford.

Also, this is the sixth time United have been top at Christmas in the Premier League era - on three of the previous five occasions they went on to win the title, including on the last occasion in 2006/07.

BBC darts commentator Tony Green a couple of years ago

"Eric Bristow won 5 world titles, I don't think it'll ever be repeated"

This is despite the fact Van Barneveld has won 5 world titles (4 on the BBC, 1 on Sky) and Taylor has won 15 world titles (2 on the BBC, 13 on Sky)

Happens everywhere

Alan Shearer:

"Nothing's ever black or white in this country; you're either a hero or a failure."

Why do thickos get jobs on the telly all the time? They are not interesting, not charismatic, not insightful, not particularly well dressed... why do we get fed this ****e?

Pointless statement anyway unless you believe there is a causal link between historical results and matches yet to happen.

I ****ing hate 90% of the ****s who work in the media. They are ****ing useless tossers; they are the waste processers of the technological age; regurgitating their own spew endlessly; drenching the masses with their toxic ejaculate; saturating discourse with tedium; suffocating intellect with a "Dinlo" carrier bag.

Did someone drop a brick on your head half way through your post?

Any company that employs Dean Windass in a role that involves him speaking deserves to be closed down.

I think you will find he is a fair representation of football fans, especially if you listen to some of the stuff in the Northam that gets shouted at times.

Sorry to take this off topic, but while your ranting about Sport in the media I'll mention one word 'Talksport'.

Adrian 'I'm a Ginger ****' Durham and Darren 'I used to play cricket but now I'm an expert at football because I had trials at some random club' Gough. The people that phone into that show are clearly mongs who get sucked into pointless debates to easily. Phoning in on premium rate phone lines and text messages for revenue. Now I've got to admit I do listen from time to time if there has been a match on the previous night or a contentious goal or something but this afternoon they must have been desperate because Durham was saying that the United vs. Brum game should be replayed because of Bowyers goal???!??! Please......

Give me a ****ing break. They really must think the football community are retarded. Thing is though people are still phoning in.

Suggesting that the near-silent atmosphere at Anfield last night was something out of the ordinary. Anyone who's been to a league game there that wasn't against either Everton or Man United will be able to confirm that silence is actually the norm.

Also, their refusal to pin the blame for last night's performance on Messrs Torres and Gerrard who were both utterly anonymous.

Suggesting that the near-silent atmosphere at Anfield last night was something out of the ordinary. Anyone who's been to a league game there that wasn't against either Everton or Man United will be able to confirm that silence is actually the norm.

Also, their refusal to pin the blame for last night's performance on Messrs Torres and Gerrard who were both utterly anonymous.

What do you mean Steve? Wasn't it another of those great nights at Anfield, or do they only happen on ITV?

Also the obsession with Pompey, all this talk during admin and relegation and even early this season about thier amazing fans and them coming out in their droves and getting behind the team. To be fair they do make a bit of racket down there, but 15k crowds are not coming out in their droves, when they are talking this bollo*ks, cant they see all the empty seats around them that everyone else can?

Edited by Turkish

Sorry to take this off topic, but while your ranting about Sport in the media I'll mention one word 'Talksport'.

Adrian 'I'm a Ginger ****' Durham and Darren 'I used to play cricket but now I'm an expert at football because I had trials at some random club' Gough. The people that phone into that show are clearly mongs who get sucked into pointless debates to easily. Phoning in on premium rate phone lines and text messages for revenue. Now I've got to admit I do listen from time to time if there has been a match on the previous night or a contentious goal or something but this afternoon they must have been desperate because Durham was saying that the United vs. Brum game should be replayed because of Bowyers goal???!??! Please......

Give me a ****ing break. They really must think the football community are retarded. Thing is though people are still phoning in.

I've been in Oz for a year but chose to listen to Alan Brazil's breakfast show whilst cooking tea. I can't believe I had that on all the time when in the UK; it's so formulaic and they still wheel out the same Al's pals for mundane comments which he's clearly not listening to as the next ad break is coming up. Not saying radio is a great deal better here, but I think Talksport have probably jumped the shark.

Sky Sports, - the best advertising channel on TV, with a little sprinkling of sport. Who else would advertise a football match, or three, in the middle of a cricket Test Match.

'Dozy pillocks' comes to mind. If you're not p***ed off with the ad's, then sit back and enjoy the never ending replays.

The company motto is 'If there is nothing controversial happening, then make something up' so the **** Keys can bore even more viewers by asking stupid questions that the 'Thicko' experts can't answer

I used to like talksport when Parry and Brazil did the breakkie show..

Durham was bearable with Ian Wright as wrighty was pretty good IMO

but throw in Ronnie Irani and Darren Gough....dear christ

however, Ian Collins is a very good broadcaster....his show is nothing to do with sport..

how they let george galloway spout his shyt uncontested is beyond belief

Danny Kelly is really good on there.