The Boxing Day Meet

dune

looks like fun dune, i bet the snow and frost make it all the more seasonal and cosy.

i take it from the angle of shots that you don't ride yourself but iirc one of the pooches is yours, hope it's not the one in pic 3 about to have a poo as i can't see a pooper-scooper in any of the pics.

do different rules apply to hunts as when me and my partner take ours out we have to be very careful to look like we clean up after them when in reality, i don't clean up after birds and other wildlife, so do not necesarily subscribe to people cleaning up after animals unless it is for the roses?

do the dogs not fight each other constantly?

looks like fun dune, i bet the snow and frost make it all the more seasonal and cosy.

i take it from the angle of shots that you don't ride yourself but iirc one of the pooches is yours, hope it's not the one in pic 3 about to have a poo as i can't see a pooper-scooper in any of the pics.

do different rules apply to hunts as when me and my partner take ours out we have to be very careful to look like we clean up after them when in reality, i don't clean up after birds and other wildlife, so do not necesarily subscribe to people cleaning up after animals unless it is for the roses?

They're not dogs, they are hounds.

sorry.

same question dune, are you like me and leave nature to dispose of your hounds waste as nature intended?

obviously if my hound poo's on a pavement i move it into the gutter or adjacent grassed area.

it does look like a nice way to spend a winter's day my friend, but it must be sooo frustrating to not be able to fully enjoy the experience, i say that for the hounds really as us humans can find alternative forms of entertainment but the poor hounds.....

Edited by Big John

LOL just gives me the image of some toff in his best hunting gear jumping off his horse with a bag to clean up after a hound. TBH forget the dog muck I think horse owners should be made to clean up after their horses when you're on a two wheeled motor vehicle huge horse craps in the middle of the road can be be a bloody hazard.

sorry.

same question dune, are you like me and leave nature to dispose of your hounds waste as nature intended?

obviously if my hound poo's on a pavement i move it into the gutter or adjacent grassed area.

it does look like a nice gathering th

I would expect the hunt would pay for clearing up the mess from the park as they do a lot to care for the environment. As for the hounds ****ting in the countryside out of towns/villages i don't see an issue.

Whilst they were all out at the hunt, I took my foxes round their houses to kill all their chickens.

I was talking to some hunstmen and was saying to them how good it was to see them still going strong and hunting (they take an eagle to hunt with, but unfortunately the hounds often make the kill, but they've complied with the law by intending to use the eagle ha ha ha). It's great to see that the ban has nad no effect.

**** off deppo. why must you insist on interupting conversations that clearly have nothing constructive to add? it is often amusing but you really should engage your brain before putting your keyboard into gear my friend. it can be a tad tedious.

dune, i am being thick here but are you serious about dogs and hounds not being the same thing? save me googling it please my friend

**** off deppo. why must you insist on interupting conversations that clearly have nothing constructive to add? it is often amusing but you really should engage your brain before putting your keyboard into gear my friend. it can be a tad tedious.

dune, i am being thick here but are you serious about dogs and hounds not being the same thing? save me googling it please my friend

Hounds have always been known as hounds and not as dogs. I'm sure you could argue against this, but that is what i've always been told. You could say wolves are dogs, or foxes are dogs i suppose, but it's not the right word to use.

If you don't understand what I'm adding then, yes, you are being thick. If you don't want your conversation interrupted, then engage in it via PM. dune won't be happy though, as that quite clearly wasn't his intention in starting this thread. Don't get angry, sweetie. x

Hounds have always been known as hounds and not as dogs. I'm sure you could argue against this, but that is what i've always been told. You could say wolves are dogs, or foxes are dogs i suppose, but it's not the right word to use.

dune, i am not arguing, honest.

i have a friend with a paterdale (sp), they are terriers and i assumed that terriers were bred for hunting as are a lot of other breeds like pointers etc. are terriers and pointers hounds or dogs?

talking of terriers, my dear old yorkie (now dead) would have been terrible at hunting, her fur would have got really knotted.

deppo, don;t take it personally but i think i love you..

bloody peasants

dune, i am not arguing, honest.

i have a friend with a paterdale (sp), they are terriers and i assumed that terriers were bred for hunting as are a lot of other breeds like pointers etc. are terriers and pointers hounds or dogs?

talking of terriers, my dear old yorkie (now dead) would have been terrible at hunting, her fur would have got really knotted.

deppo, don;t take it personally but i think i love you..

You can call hounds dogs if you like, but in country/hunt circles it's just seen as ignorance. Townies would call them dogs for example. But if you're a countryside person you'll always refer to them as hounds because that is the protocol and the correct way to refer to them.

Are you allowed to call them 'mutts' in country/hunt circles? What about 'dawgs'? Can you call them 'dawgs' in country/hunt circles? If I were in a country/hunt circle, I'd call them 'dawgs'.

It's a bit of a mouthful, calling it country/hunt circles all the time, isn't it? I wish there was a simple portmanteau that we could shorten country/hunt down to, but I just can't think of one.

Are you allowed to call them 'mutts' in country/hunt circles? What about 'dawgs'? Can you call them 'dawgs' in country/hunt circles? If I were in a country/hunt circle, I'd call them 'dawgs'.

It's a bit of a mouthful, calling it country/hunt circles all the time, isn't it? I wish there was a simple portmanteau that we could shorten country/hunt down to, but I just can't think of one.

vag holes?

Countryside Alliance Chief Executive Alice Barnard said: “The Hunting Act has wasted thousands of hours of police time and millions of pounds of taxpayers money. Police officers have spent endless time investigating allegations made by animal rights activists when they could have been tackling real crime like burglary, knife crime and drug dealing.

“No wonder Tony Blair has now admitted that the Act is one of his greatest regrets, and the new government has called it an unnecessary drain on police resources.

“The coalition government is committed to a vote on the Hunting Act. When the law is debated and its failure and waste exposed, we are confident that the country and parliament will support the arguments for getting rid of it.”

http://www.countryside-alliance.org.uk/hunting-campaigns/hunting-views/hunting-act-%e2%80%9ca-waste-of-police-time%e2%80%9d/

You can call hounds dogs if you like, but in country/hunt circles it's just seen as ignorance. Townies would call them dogs for example. But if you're a countryside person you'll always refer to them as hounds because that is the protocol and the correct way to refer to them.

ah, so all dogs are hounds. i thought you were saying that your country hounds were in some way superior to my urbanised dogs.

people might do well to remember that it is the landed gentry of this great country that made it great in the first place imho. it's not so long ago that we were simple peasants who couldn't even hold a knife and fork correctly. In modern times people seem to have run away with the idea that they know what is best for everyone else, ironically (in the extreme) they don;t even know what's best for themselves.

I agree with Big John. If it wasn't for the landed gentry, I wouldn't be typing this on my iPad right now. Although I might be able to type it quicker if it weren't for these webbed fingers that their years of interbreeding have wrought upon me.

Edited by Deppo

Evil ****s the lot of them. Dune included if he's into all that.

Enjoy your turkey roast yesterday shokky my friend?

more turkeys killed for us than we could even eat, it is fact that most food at christmas is binned, and for what...the little baby jesus? stuff turkeys and stuff foxes.

There is nothing humane about chasing a fox across several miles of countryside with a pack of baying hounds and then ripping it to shreds, for sport.

Would you prefer gassing, snaring, or shooting?

With hunting there are two outcomes, it lives or it dies quickly. That is humane.

Enjoy your turkey roast yesterday shokky my friend?

more turkeys killed for us than we could even eat, it is fact that most food at christmas is binned, and for what...the little baby jesus? stuff turkeys and stuff foxes.

Errr.... I don't eat meat, haven't done for 5 years (I don't however claim to be vegetarian)