Summer League?

Dr Who?

With so many games not going ahead due to the weather, I just wanted to gage how people would react to a summer league?

I am talking about changing the league season so it starts in March and runs until the end of November, still 9 months of football. This way you would get games that go ahead and also clubs at the lower end of the league ladder would not have to worry about fitting games in before it gets dark.

During a World Cup and Euro Championship you would just take that month off in the middle of the season, and carry on afterwards.

In the leagues that I referee in you end up with a huge fixture pile up at the end of the season when you can fit in evening games again because of all the games that are called off at this time of year, and the fact that they do not have floodlights. A summer league would just make sense to me, but not sure how you could bring it in without having a huge gap from May until the following March!!!

Could this work and would any of you vote for it IF it came up.

As the climate is now cooling it's up to clubs/local authorities to take steps to keep the country running. There will be times when it snows that much that games will have to be called off, but games shouldn't be called off (at least in the top two divisions) because of frozen pitches.