Merge Forums

Saintandy666

• 3 weeks later...
The forums work well keeping things organised - not sure merging them is a good idea. But perhaps making The Arts, General Sports etc. sub-forums of The Lounge might work.

I just think it is a shame that some threads prospering well on the lounge then get moved to another forum and often die. Music and such is rarely discussed because no one seems to post on the arts forum :( I think the sub forum idea might work well though.

I think we should separate the forums out a bit more. For example, I don't like reading the "general sports" forum because there are threads about sports that I'm not interested in. Can we have a baseball forum, American football forum, motor racing forum, horse racing forum and any other sport that people feel we need? The same with the "Arts" forum. I hate films but love music. I don't want to reafd about films, I want to read about music, so separate them out. Also I don't like Heavy Metal or Classical music so can we have separate forums for different genres of music. Sometimes I am quite interested in buying some of ther second hand junk that people wish to sell on the buy/sell forum but I definitely don't wish to buy things like baby clothes. Can we spearate the buy/sell forum so that we have one for buying and one for selling and those subdivided for different types of good - eg the white goods buying forum (and conversely, the white goods selling forum etc). I think this will make it a lot easier for people to find where they wish to go and conduct their business in an efficient manner. This will help not only the individuals involved but also probably stop the forum crashing as it won't be overloaded by people who are lost in amongst millions of threads that don't interest them.

So if I'm after a fridge, which I am, and all the usual avenue's have been exhausted (ebay, amazon, pm to Junction 9 etc, etc) I am to wade through a forum littered with old cookers and tumble driers before getting to a fridge which even then may or may not be suitable? Well I don't not pay five pounds for that. Let's have a fridge forum, with a subforum for both over and under the counter versions, and possibly another one for those big American ones for people who need to store a years worth of chilled food in one go. No freezers though please.

I think there is definitely an argument for this. Off-topic should be anything non-saints. Then you just have four or five stickies at the top on categories such as music, cars etc where specific items relating to these can be discussed in one thread.

I'm not interested in some types of music though :rolleyes:

Haven't you read the thread?

• 3 weeks later...