Southampton vs Man U- Australian edition.

Mods, I'm aware there is a board for these matters but I wanted to put it on the main board to attract the most pairs of eyes and the overseas board is a little bit of a graveyard. Was lucky(or unlucky) enough to be overseas when we last played United in the Cup and got a ticket due to an absolute f*#k up with my Palace ticket but won't be over this time.

So basically putting an early ad out there for an FA CUP drink in Melbourne city at a yet to be announced venue. We are very much starved of any Southampton games down here, and other sports i.e cricket don't really feel the void. If anyone would be interested in this idea or would just like to heap rubbish on the Aussie Cricket Team, please use this thread.

Also there is a 'Southampton Australian supporters' facebook group that we should all join.

Thankyou for listening and Mitchell Johnson is an excellent bowler, that is all.

Trevor

Edited by aussiesaint20
to remove the ***

i'm in. charles dickens tavern will most likely have it on.

Good to hear! Very much open to suggestions. Will contact places when the date and time of the game is official(when will that be?) and make sure that they will have a big screen and audio dedicated to the match. But with the plastic manure fans in Melbourne that should be a given for most of them. Will be great to have more numbers in at least one pub though!

Got a cousin in Melbourne who might well be up for this !!

He was at the Boxing Day Test in his Saints shirt, made a whole host of new drunken mates and got in trouble with his mrs who caught the train home and left him drinking lol

Will keep eye out and send him any links

Appreciate that!! I'm sure there are plenty of S'ton fans in Melbourne it's just a matter of finding them, the internet is a great help though. When I know more details I will make sure to post them here, so make sure to check and definately let him know!

now this I am up for. Just looked at overseas & realised an enq of mine was answered. Apologies for that. Bumped into a lad at the Boxing Day test in the sash & an ol fella in an 03 cup final shirt. Something special about seeing the colours abroad, especially this far. Not been to the Dickens yet. Is it 9bux+ like the rest of this ripoff place? Sooner i start earning the dollar the better. Converting what i brought is doing my nut in. That said, will be happy to pay whatever if we stuff the reds. COYS

Taken from the overseas board.

Hi All, Melbourne Saints supporters will be meeting up on 30/01/2011 for the FA Cup fourth round match.

See details at:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...88516634508187

'Like' the page to keep up to date.

Cheers,

Hadyn

For all non facebook types, it will be at the Charles Dickens Tavern on Collins Street. Can't wait!

Taken from the overseas board.

Hi All, Melbourne Saints supporters will be meeting up on 30/01/2011 for the FA Cup fourth round match.

See details at:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...88516634508187

'Like' the page to keep up to date.

Cheers,

Hadyn

For all non facebook types, it will be at the Charles Dickens Tavern on Collins Street. Can't wait!

Is it my atrocious Vodafail connection that's not allowing me to link to the fb site or something more sinister?

Is it my atrocious Vodafail connection that's not allowing me to link to the fb site or something more sinister?

If you haven't found it yet, try searching for Southampton Australian Supporters or similar and it should appear. Plenty of updates and banter on there etc, so join up my friend.

• 2 weeks later...