Exeter City

not sure how old you are mate, but would a few late 20s, early 30s lads look out of place ?? Do you have to be a student to get in?

http://www.arenaclubbing.co.uk/exeter/event/48783/cheesey-tuesdays

i'm 22. never really go out on a tuesday but i probabaly will after this one as I'll be having a few. I'm a student but my cousin, who isn't, walked straight in before and he's 27 so you should be fine. Buying a ticket in advance means you can walk straight in and they won't bat an eyelid

Queued at ticket office for 30 minutes after todays game only to be told that tickets have sold out they are awaiting more from Exeter.

I must admit I thought it was weird exeter sent us half the tickets in advance with more to come if needed, don't know why they didn't just send us them all as chances are we'd sell out. There were loads of saints in the home end last year.

initial allocation sold out I think, final 553 tickets due in tomorrow according to saintstwitter

RT @LewisTull: @officialsaints when are the next batch of Exeter tickets supposed to be in?

Went on ticket website today and was able to buy tickets for the terrace, presumably from the 2nd allocation :)

Coming over from Norway for this one.

Really looking forward to joining our great awaysupport for the first time! Only been sat with the homesupporters when watching Saints away in the past.

Not the best away game to choose! It's hard to make any noise on an open terrace.

Coming over from Norway for this one.

Really looking forward to joining our great awaysupport for the first time! Only been sat with the homesupporters when watching Saints away in the past.

Good stuff. Out of interest, what route do you take to get from Norway to Exeter? That is going to be a complicated journey depending on where you are coming from. Don't get your hopes up for an amazing atmosphere as the away end at Exeter's ground is small and uncovered terrace, good that you get to experience standing but it is hard to make a lot of noise there.

I was talking to some Rosenburg fans at Atletico Madrid earlier this season and they were saying quite a few of them take in games across Europe during the winter as the domestic season stops, so they use cheap flights to England to get their football fix.

Good stuff. Out of interest, what route do you take to get from Norway to Exeter? That is going to be a complicated journey depending on where you are coming from. Don't get your hopes up for an amazing atmosphere as the away end at Exeter's ground is small and uncovered terrace, good that you get to experience standing but it is hard to make a lot of noise there.

I was talking to some Rosenburg fans at Atletico Madrid earlier this season and they were saying quite a few of them take in games across Europe during the winter as the domestic season stops, so they use cheap flights to England to get their football fix.

Cheers. Flying to London on the friday with a mate, and will probably take the bus down to watch the FA-cup in one of the Southampton pubs on saturday (might be just as fun) as it is difficult to get two tickets with my costumernumber. Just see what happens. Got pretty cheap flights and hotel, so will stay in Southampton until the Exeter game where I booked seats on the bus that goes from St.Mary's.

I was planning a trip over in January/February for a Saturday/tuesday combo anyway, and when we drew Utd in the cup I thought I'll give it a try (I know, a bit "plastic" but I usually attend two games pr season for the last 4 years, so I'm ok with that ;)

But, the Exeter game is the one I am really looking forward to. New ground, standing in the terraces with the awaysupport. A new and different experience. Going to St.Mary's was very special and important the first few times I came over, but now I have even played there myself so now it is more exciting to see Saints away. Different stadiums and places. My favourite game is probably when I wathced the reserves a couple of seasons back at Staplewood - just because it was so different.

And in regards to the domestic season here in Norway, you are right. The only problem is that, sadly, I do not have a team I am as passioned about in Norway as I am about Southampton, so I guess I am forever an awaysupporter ;) (and we are not as noisy as you are/good atmosphere at our games here in Norway, so I't is not as much fun going over here).

Cheers. Flying to London on the friday with a mate, and will probably take the bus down to watch the FA-cup in one of the Southampton pubs on saturday (might be just as fun) as it is difficult to get two tickets with my costumernumber. Just see what happens. Got pretty cheap flights and hotel, so will stay in Southampton until the Exeter game where I booked seats on the bus that goes from St.Mary's.

I was planning a trip over in January/February for a Saturday/tuesday combo anyway, and when we drew Utd in the cup I thought I'll give it a try (I know, a bit "plastic" but I usually attend two games pr season for the last 4 years, so I'm ok with that ;)

But, the Exeter game is the one I am really looking forward to. New ground, standing in the terraces with the awaysupport. A new and different experience. Going to St.Mary's was very special and important the first few times I came over, but now I have even played there myself so now it is more exciting to see Saints away. Different stadiums and places. My favourite game is probably when I wathced the reserves a couple of seasons back at Staplewood - just because it was so different.

And in regards to the domestic season here in Norway, you are right. The only problem is that, sadly, I do not have a team I am as passioned about in Norway as I am about Southampton, so I guess I am forever an awaysupporter ;) (and we are not as noisy as you are/good atmosphere at our games here in Norway, so I't is not as much fun going over here).

If you've got a customer number you should definitely be able to get a ticket for the United game.

If you are going to be in Southampton you might as well do the United game as well, if you can only make 2 games a season a combination of Manchester United at St Marys and Exeter away is a good one to do, get the two extremes of English football.

I am not sure if the Man United tickets will go on sale to people on the database without being linked to another match, but worth emailing the club with your customer number and explain you are from Norway and they might be able to sort something out for you.

If you are going to be in Southampton you might as well do the United game as well, if you can only make 2 games a season a combination of Manchester United at St Marys and Exeter away is a good one to do, get the two extremes of English football.

I am not sure if the Man United tickets will go on sale to people on the database without being linked to another match, but worth emailing the club with your customer number and explain you are from Norway and they might be able to sort something out for you.

Thanks for the tip about emailing the club - they sorted me out, very helpful. So now it's both United and Exeter!

Thanks for the tip about emailing the club - they sorted me out, very helpful. So now it's both United and Exeter!

No problem mate, I met a few Norweigian saints fans on the pre-season tour 2007 and they were all good lads, you might have been one of them I don't know, but always good to see fans from other countries making the effort to travel over, I know there are Italian saints that travel over, Irish saints regularly fly over, and that is what makes us different from other league one clubs.

Enjoy your trip and hopefully you can bring us a bit of luck, we will need it after the performance at Tranmere.

I'm thinking of going to this as I live in Torquay but would end up going on my own, anyone with experience of going to an away game alone is it any good? =P

Once you're there it wouldn't feel like you were on your own. Can't say I've ever done it though.

No problem mate, I met a few Norweigian saints fans on the pre-season tour 2007 and they were all good lads, you might have been one of them I don't know, but always good to see fans from other countries making the effort to travel over, I know there are Italian saints that travel over, Irish saints regularly fly over, and that is what makes us different from other league one clubs.

Enjoy your trip and hopefully you can bring us a bit of luck, we will need it after the performance at Tranmere.

The Malta Saints fans are a good bunch and come over regularly..

I'm thinking of going to this as I live in Torquay but would end up going on my own, anyone with experience of going to an away game alone is it any good? =P

I went to Charlton last season on my own, mentioned it on here and what i ahd on the back of my shirt and had a couple of guys say hi and got chatting to them!

Ill be going down to this one just got my tickets for me and my 2 mates - tho not looking forward to the midnight ferry home if we make it failing that the 4.30 ferry :-( and work the next day!!!! hmmmm COYR

Oh well its sold out now anyway, I'll try ringing in the morning but doubt there will be any tickets, so annoying too because I looked at them earlier today but can't purchase them at work... oh well (edit - just rang and defo sold out)

If anyone has a spare PM me please! =[

Edited by Mattio

I seem to remember last year alot of saints in the home end.

They even made another away section on the opposite terrace to the away end.

yeah it was hilarious, having made such a fuss about giving us a reduced allocation after they let too many Leeds in for the previous home game Saints fans had to apply by post for the match, yet no restrictions were put on who could buy in the home end and subsequently there were loads!! the terrace end opposite us had a block taped off for saints fans in the home end to move into , quite stange really.

Oh well its sold out now anyway, I'll try ringing in the morning but doubt there will be any tickets, so annoying too because I looked at them earlier today but can't purchase them at work... oh well (edit - just rang and defo sold out)

If anyone has a spare PM me please! =[

I have a spare adult ticket for the terrace. Mattio I sent you a PM, but no reply. Anyone need a ticket, please PM me on here.

The ground isn't in the town centre, but there is a nearby train station (St. James' Park) so what I'd do is park in a place called Polesloe Bridge or Topsham(sp) and get the train the one or two stops, you'll probably be able to find a place in one of the estates for free or alternatively park in town and get the train down. I think most of Exeter's resedental areas are free to park but not near the ground (same as SMS) but if you drive around with in 20 minute walk you'll find somewhere eventually if you want your car nearby, but its a nightmare to get out of the TC.

(P.S still looking for one ticket ;) )