A review of the 3 posts for non members

Ewell

Whatever people’s views on paying the Forum Tax I think the Forum was a much more vibrant community when there was not an annual subscription. Many people no longer post on the forums and it appears to be the same old faces that have paid up responding to every thread. I think the 3 posts rule is restrictive and whilst I understand that this forum needs contributions to run due to its popularity I think it has also gone downhill greatly since the restrictions were put in place.

How about 5 or 10 posts per day for non members? It may help sparking the forums into life again as I feel that good opinions and debate are not fulfilled with the restrictions of 3 posts!

Thanks for listening!

Problem with that is the majority of people didn't use 10 posts a day on average before the subscription was introduced. Match days obviously it would highly frustrate people, but with registered users already able to start threads upping the post limit would mean there is very little difference between those who pay for a subscription and those who don't.

Keep the ideas coming though as we definitely need to do something to bring people back.

How about just making it so that the subscription pays for access at crucial times.

E.g. Matches

Transfer deadline day

Important breaking news.

Anything that could overload a server really.

It would ensure that there can be all the access people need day to day while ensuring paying members get their money worth at crucial times.

If you are not a paid member at these times... Sorry but there's only so much room!

How about just making it so that the subscription pays for access at crucial times.

E.g. Matches

Transfer deadline day

Important breaking news.

Anything that could overload a server really.

It would ensure that there can be all the access people need day to day while ensuring paying members get their money worth at crucial times.

If you are not a paid member at these times... Sorry but there's only so much room!

I was thinking this, but there's no guarantee of a mod/admin being around for the "important breaking news". Matches and transfer deadline day however would obviously be an easy one to sort.

Problem with that is the majority of people didn't use 10 posts a day on average before the subscription was introduced. Match days obviously it would highly frustrate people, but with registered users already able to start threads upping the post limit would mean there is very little difference between those who pay for a subscription and those who don't.

Keep the ideas coming though as we definitely need to do something to bring people back.

Do something about the trolls/Wums and racism and people might return and even renew their subscription. Do nothing then you condone it and might as well have no forum rules.

We're happy with teh way things are. Don't get me wrong, its not that we aren't considering your ideas, it's just that we already have and have decided to keep things like this.

Then, the obvious question must surely be....

What differences are to be made to ensure that the forum will not go under during high demand times? (Just jumping in before someone else does....)

Then, the obvious question must surely be....

What differences are to be made to ensure that the forum will not go under during high demand times? (Just jumping in before someone else does....)

Moving to cloud hosting, as was mentioned on the thread complaining about it after the last game.

For the 90 minutes of the match (plus any injury time, obviously) could you not 'close down' the "Off Topic", "Technology" & "Miscellaneous" sections of the forum so the match thread hasn't got as much competition for peoples affections?

Just a thought.