Will Our Pet Skates Pay?

Guest Hacienda

I think we should be given our own special membership complete with fishes.

You tell em Vicky....and we expect Gloating rites:D

And, and, and, and,....do we get to stick our ore in on the main board?

as we will be shear holders, Fully paid up at that!:D

I think it says a lot that if pompey fans would pay a fiver to support a saints forum. :)

This may be a saints forum but you don't see us posting on the actual forum about saints. The lounge & TMS are effectively the same as other forums that contain near enough the same ****e.

Happy ?

P.S. I've been around here a lot longer than you. ;)

serious question, what happened in the Pompey Man u game in Nigeria? I didnt see the result.I did see they had a bumpy landing the day before the game.

We lost 2-1 I think. Apparently there was a massive riot outside between fans and police. It got REALLY nasty as thousands of ticketless Nigerians were shut out the stadium, unable to see their Pompey heroes. ;)

We lost 2-1 I think. Apparently there was a massive riot outside between fans and police. It got REALLY nasty as thousands of ticketless Nigerians were shut out the stadium, unable to see their Pompey heroes. ;)

tbf, half of them were probably in the pompey starting line up

or unable to get thier brown envelopes and signing on cards...

Apparently there was a massive riot outside between fans and police. It got REALLY nasty as thousands of ticketless Nigerians were shut out the stadium, . ;)
Is it not the case of a riot by them trying to get out

What's the situation regarding sales of tickets for the Community shield, are the prices down to a £5 yet.

Is it not the case of a riot by them trying to get out

What's the situation regarding sales of tickets for the Community shield, are the prices down to a £5 yet.

I believe there are some tickets left, around 2000. They only went on general sale for half a day, before reverting to only being sold to people on the database, this was due to FA intervention. I guess the best way to gauge things is to compare the attendance at this years community shield to last years 80,700. :)

I believe there are some tickets left, around 2000. They only went on general sale for half a day, before reverting to only being sold to people on the database, this was due to FA intervention. I guess the best way to gauge things is to compare the attendance at this years community shield to last years 80,700. :)
I would think it is hard to say as we dont know how many neutrals or Man u fans have taken advantage of the tickets on ticketmaster. Im amazed that it happend as crowd control must be an issue.

Only £15 a ticket that is strange, id have thought it would have been at least £30

I would think it is hard to say as we dont know how many neutrals or Man u fans have taken advantage of the tickets on ticketmaster. Im amazed that it happend as crowd control must be an issue.

Only £15 a ticket that is strange, id have thought it would have been at least £30

My wife and I had to pay £85 in total for 2 tickets. We had no choice as to what tickets we bought so i guess that is £42.50 each. Though admitedly you are right there were 'cheaper' tickets available. Bet you were tempted, eh Nick? ;)

I would say, By the amount of peeps that have disappeared off the Lounge, Muppet show, Tis thread should not have been,(Will our pet Skates pay?) But (Have all the pony Boys saddled up and left Town,):D

Fair point.

I would say, By the amount of peeps that have disappeared off the Lounge, Muppet show, Tis thread should not have been,(Will our pet Skates pay?) But (Have all the pony Boys saddled up and left Town,):D
Alot have moved to free forums.It says a lot about them more than this site. They'll be back.

Alot have moved to free forums.It says a lot about them more than this site. They'll be back.

This forum, Saints forever and the Saints forum are the best fansites i've ever come across. A great mix of posters and unlike nearly all pompey fansites the lunatics aren't running the asylum. The best Pompey site is Pompey Online and thats ****e, some good guys but more and more knobheads everyday. Actually by far the best pompey site (and probably the oldest) is the email, digest format Pompey Anoraks which include many journalists and even the Late Great Anthony Minghella as members, Sadly the Anoraks membership seems to be in decline.

This forum, Saints forever and the Saints forum are the best fansites i've ever come across. A great mix of posters and unlike nearly all pompey fansites the lunatics aren't running the asylum. The best Pompey site is Pompey Online and thats ****e, some good guys but more and more knobheads everyday. Actually by far the best pompey site (and probably the oldest) is the email, digest format Pompey Anoraks which include many journalists and even the Late Great Anthony Minghella as members, Sadly the Anoraks membership seems to be in decline.

The plastic anoraks have taken over.

I have said it before and I will inevitably waste more of my daily allowance on it again, but what is wrong with not paying to access an internet forum? It doesn't make one cheap or any such thing, maybe it gives us some perspective.

I certainly wouldn't accuse people who pay to talk to people online sad, or socially lacking.

I just cannot help but think, and I think the first week on the new forum has backed this up, that an internet community is enhanced by its all encompassing basis and the forum will end up missing out as a result of old posters who have decided not to pay or new people who decide not to pay for something which they have no idea about the quality.

I have said it before and I will inevitably waste more of my daily allowance on it again, but what is wrong with not paying to access an internet forum? It doesn't make one cheap or any such thing, maybe it gives us some perspective.

I certainly wouldn't accuse people who pay to talk to people online sad, or socially lacking.

I just cannot help but think, and I think the first week on the new forum has backed this up, that an internet community is enhanced by its all encompassing basis and the forum will end up missing out as a result of old posters who have decided not to pay or new people who decide not to pay for something which they have no idea about the quality.

Don't worry about nickh there are still plenty of us tight gits around. He loves telling other fans what and how they should follow SFC.

Anyway I feel alot fitter cutting down this filthy habbit to just three a day.

Don't worry about nickh there are still plenty of us tight gits around. He loves telling other fans what and how they should follow SFC.

Anyway I feel alot fitter cutting down this filthy habbit to just three a day.

Perhaps it would be good if you cut down a little more

Fair points, but this site is run by Saints fans and until now they have put their hands in their pockets to fund the site.

The UI dont charge as far as Im aware but have advertising. I myself prefer to pay a small fee and not have the big annoying adverts.I suspect the site owners would make more if they succumbed to the adverts.

Its a free world, there are plenty of free sites but even the Skates admit this is the best and that must hurt to tell us so.

Fair points, but this site is run by Saints fans and until now they have put their hands in their pockets to fund the site.

The UI dont charge as far as Im aware but have advertising. I myself prefer to pay a small fee and not have the big annoying adverts.I suspect the site owners would make more if they succumbed to the adverts.

Its a free world, there are plenty of free sites but even the Skates admit this is the best and that must hurt to tell us so.

There are absolutely massive differences in the way independent forums such as this one function compared to "networked" sites like the Ugly Inside. For a start, the network is owned by a profit-seeking business aiming to reward its shareholders. Site administrators on these networks, such as Nick Illingsworth on TUI, are paid to run their team's site based on a revenue-sharing scheme whereby the more popular sites earn their administrators more money than the less popular sites. The network themselves fund the entire technical infrastructure, i.e. servers, databases, site development, etc (with absolutely zero cost to the site administrator) from massive advertising revenues and outside investment.

We, on the other hand, wanted something a bit more long-term (investors could pull the plug at any time, in reality) that would ensure the site was self-funding but that it was done in an "ethical" way, i.e. we have no desire to make money from forum users. We don't think it's unreasonable to ask everyone to contribute (after all, nobody had a problem when we asked for donations 18 months ago), but in order to make it viable long-term, donations simply aren't the answer as there's absolutely no guaranteed long-term revenue. It did make me laugh when someone on another forum, who will remain nameless, did a "rough" calculation expecting 1000 people to subscribe suggesting that we'll be "coining it in", which was highly amusing (and even more inaccurate).

So, in conclusion, Nick gets paid to run the Ugly Inside site (not as much as he used to get on Rivals apparently, but he gets a regular monthly income stream) with no costs or technical support required on his part and nobody bats an eyelid, and yet me and Baj get accused of using the popularity of this site for our own personal gain when we have to fund the entire technical infrastructure and give up hours of our own time to manage said infrastructure, and still don't see any of the money ourselves at the end of it. Work that one out...

Oh, and adverts will be appearing on here to increase the revenue, but they will be for non-subscribed users only.

Don't mind being called a sad Skate for my small contribution,;)

This and the previous Saints web site have given me three years of Internet injoyment....Keep it up Granty, Baj, and who ever ells helps run the site,:D

(onist I'm wearing brown lipstick;))

There are absolutely massive differences in the way independent forums such as this one function compared to "networked" sites like the Ugly Inside. For a start, the network is owned by a profit-seeking business aiming to reward its shareholders. Site administrators on these networks, such as Nick Illingsworth on TUI, are paid to run their team's site based on a revenue-sharing scheme whereby the more popular sites earn their administrators more money than the less popular sites. The network themselves fund the entire technical infrastructure, i.e. servers, databases, site development, etc (with absolutely zero cost to the site administrator) from massive advertising revenues and outside investment.

We, on the other hand, wanted something a bit more long-term (investors could pull the plug at any time, in reality) that would ensure the site was self-funding but that it was done in an "ethical" way, i.e. we have no desire to make money from forum users. We don't think it's unreasonable to ask everyone to contribute (after all, nobody had a problem when we asked for donations 18 months ago), but in order to make it viable long-term, donations simply aren't the answer as there's absolutely no guaranteed long-term revenue. It did make me laugh when someone on another forum, who will remain nameless, did a "rough" calculation expecting 1000 people to subscribe suggesting that we'll be "coining it in", which was highly amusing (and even more inaccurate).

So, in conclusion, Nick gets paid to run the Ugly Inside site (not as much as he used to get on Rivals apparently, but he gets a regular monthly income stream) with no costs or technical support required on his part and nobody bats an eyelid, and yet me and Baj get accused of using the popularity of this site for our own personal gain when we have to fund the entire technical infrastructure and give up hours of our own time to manage said infrastructure, and still don't see any of the money ourselves at the end of it. Work that one out...

Oh, and adverts will be appearing on here to increase the revenue, but they will be for non-subscribed users only.

Thanks for the reply and the others who throw their hands up in despair about the fee may feel a little satisfied.

This IMO is the best site and as long as you keep the ads off Im more than happy to contribute.

if you happen ever to make any money from it then good luck to you.