we buy any car . com

Crouchie's Lawyer

dont do it. Its frucking shoot.

Offered me £4925 for my 2002 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 3.0ltr immaculate car.

A trader who would sooner bend me over would offer me £6500 for it!

I purchased it for £9750 in Oct 2007 so not even a year on, this shoot website is offering me half of what I paid for it!

• 3 weeks later...
Are the dealer prices the cash prices ie not trade-in?

To be fair they are essentially the same thing. If your trading in a car, to buy a new one for £10k, your car may only be worth £4.5k but they will trade it in for £5k. You think you getting a good deal, however, if they only gave you £4k for it but knocked £0.5k off the asking price of the new car, you're getting the same deal but made up slightly different.

The price they gave me was a cash price, however if I were to find a new car from their forecourt, they would be less likely to reduce their price if I asked for the same amount as a trade in.

As an update, they have now told me £5750 would be the price I would get for my car. Apparently (and I still think this is car salesman talk) my car is depreciating by £350 per month! :shock:

To be fair they are essentially the same thing. If your trading in a car, to buy a new one for £10k, your car may only be worth £4.5k but they will trade it in for £5k. You think you getting a good deal, however, if they only gave you £4k for it but knocked £0.5k off the asking price of the new car, you're getting the same deal but made up slightly different.

The price they gave me was a cash price, however if I were to find a new car from their forecourt, they would be less likely to reduce their price if I asked for the same amount as a trade in.

As an update, they have now told me £5750 would be the price I would get for my car. Apparently (and I still think this is car salesman talk) my car is depreciating by £350 per month! :shock:

£10k - £5k = £5k

£9.5k - £4k = £5.5k

:o