Pre-Match Charlton

archers-rd

I am a solo travelling fan tonight :cry: and wanted to know where people were heading for pre-match drinks? Don't want to be a total loner with my pie and pint for one!

Depends what you want, but the Anticgallican right by Charlton Station and 5 mins walk from the away end will be rammed full of Saints fans, but it will be packed, noisy etc (not my cup of tea). London Bridge is a good bet if you're going by train?

I too am going it alone tonight. There are a few decent pubs around london bridge - The George and the Bunch of Grapes are a couple of good ones but there is not much to keep you occupied if you are on your tod IMO. Think I am gonna head straight to Charlton after work and fine somewhere with football folk - most likely the one Sour Mash mentions for some atmoshere and watered down lager

Thats cool, i live in London and will be heading down via London Bridge. What are the likely pubs round there?

Market Porter in Borough Market could be popular (at least by me) - ace real ale pub and 5 mins or less from London Bridge station - then 15-20 mins to charlton

I too am going it alone tonight. There are a few decent pubs around london bridge - The George and the Bunch of Grapes are a couple of good ones but there is not much to keep you occupied if you are on your tod IMO. Think I am gonna head straight to Charlton after work and fine somewhere with football folk - most likely the one Sour Mash mentions for some atmoshere and watered down lager

Well if your going via London Bridge could meet you there to turn a 1 man red army into a mildly more formidable 2 man army!?

That sounds like a plan. I finish at five. PM me.

Any one else fancy it?

Just tried to PM you with details but...Computer says no. "geordiesaint has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages."

Well if your going via London Bridge could meet you there to turn a 1 man red army into a mildly more formidable 2 man army!?

I am too flying solo so we could make it a great threesome. oh.... er, make it a great trio I mean

But looks like you will be spared the torment anyway as I am working (in london) later than I want to so will have to head straight to Charlton and join the masses for a swift one or two. COYR