Rochdale Away

They are on sale online.

Had tickets for the original date (was staying in Sheffield in that weekend so was pretty convenient) and was initially going to get a refund, never got round to it and have now decided to drive up on the night. Should be a good laugh, albeit a depressing journey back if we lose!

WTF would someone on a cash turnstyle at Rochdale care about how many aways you've done?

You rock up, pay your cash and watch the game.

Haha, umm....

People may want to get tickets in advance to stick on their season ticket though, especially with Brighton and Brentford coming up.

WTF would someone on a cash turnstyle at Rochdale care about how many aways you've done?

You rock up, pay your cash and watch the game.

It seems a risk, i may need a 2nd opinion, i don't want them having a clipboard with the number of aways on and getting turned away.

That would be plain silly.

It'd be good if we could muster a sizeable away support for this one. We're getting a side stand which holds 3650 and we could create a cracking atmosphere.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/rochdale/

Let's hope we do have loads up there but I reckon 1500 at the most to be honest. Helps being a new ground for most and Easter holidays but we never take that many north of Birmingham. We got lucky with a cheap hotel in Manchester, price gone up now with chelsea playing united away champions league on the same night

Let's hope we do have loads up there but I reckon 1500 at the most to be honest.

I always think our northern support is better though. You get more Saints fans from the Midlands/North who are more up for it because they haven't become lethargic from going regularly, you also get less familys, and those that do make the long treks are more dedicated. That said 1500 would be a good turnout for a night match for us. It just shows how our away support has really grown from how it was a decade ago.

Hmm, we had 468 at Oldham on a Tuesday. More important game and a new ground for many should see a few more added to that number. 800 I reckon

That was our lowest away support this season but we still had about the same at Oldham for a rearranged midweek winter fixture than high-flying Brighton had a couple of Saturdays ago so it's not so bad. And we had more than 800 last season and similar this year for midweek trips away to Hartlepool, 1000 at the last 2 trips to Carlisle and 2,200 at Notts County. Sheff Wed was around 1500. Win Tuesday and pick up a result next weekend at Orient and I think we'll see 1500 at Rochdale, which would be very good for a 500-mile-round-trip midweek.

That was our lowest away support this season but we still had about the same at Oldham for a rearranged midweek winter fixture than high-flying Brighton had a couple of Saturdays ago so it's not so bad. And we had more than 800 last season and similar this year for midweek trips away to Hartlepool, 1000 at the last 2 trips to Carlisle and 2,200 at Notts County. Sheff Wed was around 1500. Win Tuesday and pick up a result next weekend at Orient and I think we'll see 1500 at Rochdale, which would be very good for a 500-mile-round-trip midweek.

It would outstanding!

It would outstanding!

it would, but I thnk we should have at least 1500 for the promotion run in, Oldham being the smallest was understandable being a tuesday night in early January re-arranged at short notice, but the 6-0 was fitting reward for those who made the journey.

Has anyone kept a record of our away numbers at all the aways this season? will be interesting to work out the average (unfortunately some of the local ones where we could have taken huge numbers like Bournemouth and Brighton we only have tiny allocations)

Away Averages

Wednesday 1,835

Southampton 1,443

Brighton 1,403

Huddersfield 1,253

Charlton 802

Bournemouth 797

Plymouth 729

Exeter 698

Peterborough 673

Oldham 662

Swindon 596

Carlisle 536

Bristol Rovers 525

Brentford 507

Rochdale 478

Leyton Orient 475

Notts County 470

Yeovil 341

MK Dons 316

Colchester 314

Tranmere 300

Dag & Red 294

Walsall 214

Hartlepool 202

These were the averages after our game at Charlton on the 22nd.

Away Averages

Wednesday 1,835

Southampton 1,443

Brighton 1,403

Huddersfield 1,253

Charlton 802

Bournemouth 797

Plymouth 729

Exeter 698

Peterborough 673

Oldham 662

Swindon 596

Carlisle 536

Bristol Rovers 525

Brentford 507

Rochdale 478

Leyton Orient 475

Notts County 470

Yeovil 341

MK Dons 316

Colchester 314

Tranmere 300

Dag & Red 294

Walsall 214

Hartlepool 202

These were the averages after our game at Charlton on the 22nd.

Good work mate, what is your source?

We still have to come 3100 Orient

894 Brighton

1800 Brentford

2100 Plymouth

Our average would be much higher if we could have taken more to the sold out fixtures.

off the top of my head sold out away games are:

Bournemouth

Exeter

Bristol Rovers ?

Brentford (will be for sure)

Orient

Dagenham & Redbridge

Yeovil?

Brighton

Plymouth

Hmm, we had 468 at Oldham on a Tuesday. More important game and a new ground for many should see a few more added to that number. 800 I reckon

Felt like a lot more to be honest, never too sure how reliable some of these figures are when a lot of people pay on the gate.

Would be great to take LOADS to Rochdale, can't wait for this one - new ground; northern, midweek away trip to an old, rund-down Lancashire Mill town; massive game in our push for promotion; overnighter on the beer in Manc. As the youth of today would say - "buzzing"!

We can only get something like a maximum of 12,000 in our remaining away games. It is virtually impossible to overtake Wednesday's away average unfortunately.

I reckon we could have about 1,500 at Rochdale, bearing in mind it's half term too. Brighton took 1,400 to Rochdale on Saturday.

Edited by Griffo

Rochdale is another one of those games where a lot of people had bought tickets in preparation for it being a saturday game. and so will still go up for the re-arranged fixture where they may not have done if originally scheduled for mid-week. Walsall was like this where we took 1450 up there on a Tuesday.

I think being a new ground for most definitely makes a difference, as we have seen on the 92 league grounds thread quite a few of us have managed to get our ground count up, this will put me on 72.

would be nice to know exactly how many tickets have been sold so far, a win at orient a hopefully a few more will decide to make the journey.

Started a little thread on the Dale Forum to ask about pubs etc so worth checking out if you're interested. To post just use your Ugly Inside log in details.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=23543#8

They seem like a properly weird bunch on there. If I've read it right, one of them thinks that the fact bradord are at home that night will take a couple of thousand off the gate. Does that mean there'll be no home fans there at all? What does Bradford playing at home have to do with them.

They seem like a properly weird bunch on there. If I've read it right, one of them thinks that the fact bradord are at home that night will take a couple of thousand off the gate. Does that mean there'll be no home fans there at all? What does Bradford playing at home have to do with them.

But they also talk about getting Huddersfield fans to go and boost their numbers. Those northeners don't 'arf get on well don't they and there was me thinking Lancashire and Yorkshire were sworn enemies? Strange.

Wouldn't normally make the long trek to rochdale on a tuesday night, but considering orient, brighton, plymouth have sold out and brentford wont go on general sale, this is the only away game left to be able to get tickets for!

Get a hotel and come back on the Wednesday. Or look at National Express.

Considering this but hotels in Rochdale are quite expensive at this late stage. Best price i've found is £55 (inc breakfast) at The Castleton Hotel (a couple of miles from the ground) on laterooms.com

Edited by dune

Found this...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18989495824

Room tariffs:

Single rooms - £30 per night

Twin rooms - £45 per night

Double rooms - £50 per night

family room- (3 people)- £60 per night

Family room -(4 people) - £70 per night

Price includes full English breakfast.

Rang them up and rooms are available for tuesday night.

Parking is available in the town but needs to be payed for or free parking in another street sought. Train station a short stroll away.

37 Packer St, Rochdale, Lancashire

01706 646 412

Mixed reviews on Tripadvisor, but if you just want somewhere to crash out it'd probably suffice...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g580426-d1687367-Reviews-The_Flying_Horse_Hotel-Rochdale_Greater_Manchester_England.html

Better reviews at beerintheeving. Good real ales...

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/37/37189/Flying_Horse/Rochdale

Edited by dune

Where are you driving up from?

5 of us going in a car. I'm going from Bristol and meeting the others up Chievely services (I know it adds an hour to going direct, but will save me £40 in fuel). Don't think we can fit you in the car, unless someone has a 7 seat people carrier.

5 of us going in a car. I'm going from Bristol and meeting the others up Chievely services (I know it adds an hour to going direct, but will save me £40 in fuel). Don't think we can fit you in the car, unless someone has a 7 seat people carrier.

AHHH pain! im going up from bristol still waiting to see if my mate can pick me up from chievely too.

I've just sent Mike this message on Facebook, but Royce if you and your mate both want to come we can make it work cost wise. Would be about £10 each for fuel and £8 each to rent the people carrier.

BTW, we're going to be leaving Bristol/So'ton about 12pm, so if you can't make it that early this is also pointless discussion.