Whilst The Attention Is Elsewhere...

St Landrew

Russian MoD

Около 10 российских миротворцев погибли, 30 ранены - Минобороны РФ

весь сюжет

17:20 08/08/2008

ОКОЛО 10 РОССИЙСКИХ МИРОТВОРЦЕВ ПОГИБЛИ, 30 РАНЕНЫ В ЗОНЕ ГРУЗИНО-ОСЕТИНСКОГО КОНФЛИКТА - МИНОБОРОНЫ РФ.

РИА НОВОСТИ.

about 10 Russian peacekeepers killed and 30 wounded

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7548715.stm

This is bad. This could have lasting repercussions throughout europe. I particularly don't like this quote from the Russian president Dmitry Medvedev...

"I must protect the life and dignity of Russian citizens wherever they are. We will not allow their deaths to go unpunished. Those responsible will receive a deserved punishment."

Maybe it's been lost in translation, but that sounds like the insane ramblings of a crazed dictator to me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7548715.stm

This is bad. This could have lasting repercussions throughout europe. I particularly don't like this quote from the Russian president Dmitry Medvedev...

"I must protect the life and dignity of Russian citizens wherever they are. We will not allow their deaths to go unpunished. Those responsible will receive a deserved punishment."

Maybe it's been lost in translation, but that sounds like the insane ramblings of a crazed dictator to me.

My thoughts exactly... a lot of the "old" Soviet states better start watching their backs...

Mmmmmmmmm, this looks bad for europe indeed, if Russia start going off on one again. We all know where that leads. Add in to this the fact that belgium is on the verge of splitting into a couple of countries and you are looking at disruptive times.

Yeah, I'm sure Belgium splitting into two countries is going to have a disasterous affect on europe!

According to the sun, Belgium is a "sick country" that sends down over 800 paedos a year. Don't know if this gives any helpful insight into the impending doom in Europe.

At least they send theirs down. Ours just get court orders to stop them working in schools.

I wouldn't trust any group of people called Walloons!!!

I just don't trust em cos theyre French. At least the Flemish had the decency to take on a dialect, the cowards in the south couldnt even manage that.

(here's hoping no wallies are reading this, given I shall be holidaying in their fine region in 4 weeks)

Back to a little more serious tack; there have been plenty of lives lost already. Some reports stating around 1000+ civilians and soldiers. I just hope both sides see sense before it really explodes out of hand, if 1000+ dead in a few days isn't getting out of hand.

For the more inward thinking of this forum, you can possibly look forward to the economic downturn becoming a proper recession, as this tips the global economy into real uncertainty.

For myself, I know what economic uncertainty does to my line of business, but that pales into comparison to what people in the battle zone are possibly suffering. And it's all about energy and resources. This is the future.

Middle East Crisis + Eastern European Crisis = Cold War psrt 2?

Im too young to remember the old one but anyone who was around then reckon we could be heading that way, or something similar.

Naaaaaaaaa, taht was between two massive countries. No one compared to Russia and the U.S.A in those days. I don't think countires would be as willing to use nuclear weapons now either. I think we are heading towards some sort of war eventually or at least a massive period of tension as the cold war effectively was. I can't see it being on the same scale though with a weak U.S.A and so on.

I personally think that at some point in the future however we are going to pretty much destroy ourselves with a massive World War 3 if we carry on as we are. Theres too much world policing going on.

Anyway, all posts gone. Need to put that money on me card.

Back to a little more serious tack; there have been plenty of lives lost already. Some reports stating around 1000+ civilians and soldiers. I just hope both sides see sense before it really explodes out of hand, if 1000+ dead in a few days isn't getting out of hand.

For the more inward thinking of this forum, you can possibly look forward to the economic downturn becoming a proper recession, as this tips the global economy into real uncertainty.

For myself, I know what economic uncertainty does to my line of business, but that pales into comparison to what people in the battle zone are possibly suffering. And it's all about energy and resources. This is the future.

Would you travel 35 miles outside of Southampton to carpet fit a house? PM me if so, and I can give you some dimensions for a quote.