Starhawk

Block 5

Finally, after years of rumours and whispers, Lightbox Interactive have announced that Starhawk is on the way.

This is the follow up to Warhawk, which is arguably the best multi-player game on the PS3, and is without doubt the best video game I have ever played (and I'm a first generation gamer).

Dylan Jobe and co have added a single player campaign mode. Many casual gamers struggled with the steep learning curve in Warhawk and gave up far too easily.

Those who persevered are still playing this game after many years. No other console game has had this kind of longevity.

The principles of multi-player gaming that make Warhawk so good seem to be retained; and Lightbox have added a new element, Build and Battle. This allows players to instantly build fortifications on the fly during gameplay. This strikes me as a great idea, that will make tactics and strategies all the more crucial during battles.

Personally I can't wait. Here's a taster of gameplay and an interview with Dylan Jobe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJmmkDtrWGo