Championship games on TV US/Canada

Fox Soccer Plus (FSP) ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Soccer_Plus ) shows the Championship games live in the USA.

It's a $15 a month subscription channel (well $15 on Directv - could vary on other providers).

Last season it only had them in SD (not HD) but it's way better than trying to watch games on some stream. As you can see in the linked wiki article it also shows Prem, FA & League Cup games. Sadly it also shows f***kin rugby as well (why? It is called 'soccer plus' afterall)....

Anyway - if you are living in the USA it is worth getting. Here's to a few live Saints games next season.

• 2 weeks later...
Coverage of Championship is marginally better than League One but not much.

Gotta disagree with you there NY Saint. There was no USA TV coverage at all of any League One games last season apart from the play-off final. The Championship had games shown every week. I'd say that is way more than 'marginally better'!

I reckon we'll get to see at least 3 Saints league games next season on USA TV. Fancy coming over to IN for a pint or 10 during one of them?

Fox Soccer Plus is the channel that used to be Setanta Sports. That's why it shows rugby as well. When we were last in the championship I used to subscribe, then got rid when we were relegated.

I'm sure it wasn't as expensive then though...

Do you get Directv? FSP is $15 as a stand alone channel. The Sports pack includes all the FSC channels (we just use the one though don't we!?) and costs $12. I currently have FSP and FSC (for another few months as they offered it to me for $3 per month until Oct). After that, I'm dropping FSC. I prefer FSP because it shows Sky Sports News at much better times during the day and of course, now, for the Champ games.

Gotta disagree with you there NY Saint. There was no USA TV coverage at all of any League One games last season apart from the play-off final. The Championship had games shown every week. I'd say that is way more than 'marginally better'!

I reckon we'll get to see at least 3 Saints league games next season on USA TV. Fancy coming over to IN for a pint or 10 during one of them?

Fair point, I was able to watch our games three times on TV last year (Man Utd, Peterborough, and Sheffield Wednesday) but only just realized that two of those were internet broadcasts we streamed to a TV from a laptop.

Quite fancy a trip out to IN - I may have a lot of travel coming up in the next year of so and with any luck it will all coincide. Likewise, if you're ever over here during games you've a host waiting.

Do you get Directv? FSP is $15 as a stand alone channel. The Sports pack includes all the FSC channels (we just use the one though don't we!?) and costs $12. I currently have FSP and FSC (for another few months as they offered it to me for $3 per month until Oct). After that, I'm dropping FSC. I prefer FSP because it shows Sky Sports News at much better times during the day and of course, now, for the Champ games.

I used to get directv, now have comcast cable - too many trees around in my foresty Portland paradise...

I will definitely check into the fsp options before the Leeds game. Even though it's not hd, I would rather have it than watch a game online.

too many trees around in my foresty Portland paradise...

Grrrrr. I love Oregon.

I will definitely check into the fsp options before the Leeds game. Even though it's not hd, I would rather have it than watch a game online.

Does Fox Soccer do online streaming (like ESPN do)? That might be your best bet.

• 2 weeks later...
Fox Soccer Plus has Saints opener in their schedule :)

12:00 npower Championship

Southampton v Leeds United (12:15pm ET)

repeated at 9pm.

Sweet :-) I hadn't bothered checking yet.

Where in the USA are you Bigshadow?

• 2 weeks later...
Fox Soccer Plus (FSP) ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Soccer_Plus ) shows the Championship games live in the USA.

It's a $15 a month subscription channel (well $15 on Directv - could vary on other providers).

Last season it only had them in SD (not HD) but it's way better than trying to watch games on some stream. As you can see in the linked wiki article it also shows Prem, FA & League Cup games. Sadly it also shows f***kin rugby as well (why? It is called 'soccer plus' afterall)....

Anyway - if you are living in the USA it is worth getting. Here's to a few live Saints games next season.

Why 'soccer plus'? ... er ... soccer plus rugby?

Why 'soccer plus'? ... er ... soccer plus rugby?

If you apply that logic they will soon be showing Show Jumping & gawd knows what else as well. Anyway - as long as they show the Saints games on there then I'm happy. Less than 3 weeks to go now. Bring it on.

Any USA Saints out there thinking of having a 'soccer party' for the game? I'm thinking of inviting some American friends round for it. I'm pretty sure that I could get some of them into it. It's like any sport - it really helps to watch a game with someone who is really into and really knows what is going on. As long as it was a good game (ie a Saints win) then I reckon they could definitely get a taste for it.

Need to be a bit careful who you invite though. Come the game I'm sure the ref, the linesman and any amount of Leeds players will get called 'f#### c###s' a fair few times. Beer will be flowing in abundance and that tee-total, church going guy who 'watches the WC when it is on' may not be the most appropriate person to have round.

We'll see...

Wasn't happy when Fox, who already charge a premium for the Soccer Channel, decided to split the games between their premium channel and a ...er... new premium premium (oxymoron surely) channel "Soccer+."

Will probably host the televised game at my place and invite the two or three American's I've converted into Saints fans over the course of the last ten years, and might invite a Leeds fan we met the other day. Running low on Britsnacks from my last trip home though so we'll see.

Looking forward a good season, expectations are for a mid table finish, anything higher will be exciting. COYR

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccerplus/tvschedule

Fast forward this to Sat Aug 6th. Looks good - doesn't it?

I see we get Brighton v Doncaster live before it as well. Nice one - will be good to see their new ground.

Plus we get Hull v Blackpool the day before. Although not live it's not on too much of a delay. Then West Ham v Cardiff is live the day after.

So 4 Championship games on the 1st weekend. We prob won't get a 3pm UK Sat Championship game when the Prem is on but it's all looking good for pretty decent coverage....

• 2 weeks later...
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccerplus/tvschedule

Fast forward this to Sat Aug 6th. Looks good - doesn't it?

I see we get Brighton v Doncaster live before it as well. Nice one - will be good to see their new ground.

Plus we get Hull v Blackpool the day before. Although not live it's not on too much of a delay. Then West Ham v Cardiff is live the day after.

So 4 Championship games on the 1st weekend. We prob won't get a 3pm UK Sat Championship game when the Prem is on but it's all looking good for pretty decent coverage....

My birthday is the day before so this should be a bloody good weekend. Can't wait to see our new Championship team in action :)

(Would be great to get 4 Champ games a week, not sure we'll get it after the Prem kicks off, but two a week is better than nowt.)

• 1 month later...

I've been traveling for work too much and clearly fallen into a different dimension because I can't find the previously advertised (http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2388402,00.html) televised home game versus Birmingham on any channel. The game now also appears to be on Sunday. What year is this? Do colours and sounds still look and sound the same to me as they do for everyone else? Where are we? AAAarrgh.

I've been traveling for work too much and clearly fallen into a different dimension because I can't find the previously advertised (http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2388402,00.html) televised home game versus Birmingham on any channel. The game now also appears to be on Sunday. What year is this? Do colours and sounds still look and sound the same to me as they do for everyone else? Where are we? AAAarrgh.

It appears that the meanies have ditched us in order to provide Manure vs Chelski to the hoards of armchair fans. This is ******** and it absolutely sucks for us expats...

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :(