Sky

thesaint sfc

Complete miserable bastards!

I've just agreed to take on the sky bill in my family. I phoned up to sort out the new package with a view to getting all the basic stuff and either sky sports or sky movies.

£16.99 a MONTH is their cheapest package!!!!!!!

I said ok, well I can manage that. I understand that if you order either sky movies, or sky sports you get multiroom included. NOPE.

£10 extra month.

£26.99 a month for their most basic package.

I'd thought the shock of the expense of sky sports or sky movies on top of that might have finished me off so I decided not to ask.

Phoned up Virgin - after ranting and raving on about how much better they are than sky the operator discovered that I wasn't in a cabled area, so couldn't even have their services despite them being the dogs ********. I'm sick of countries like Sky, BT, Tiscali etc in this country. They offer the most basic services, and continue to bleed us dry of money for services that I think we should be entitled to have for half the price. Sky have just put their prices up too.

End of rant.

Sky, BT and Tiscali aren't countries, Argentina, Vietnam and Scotland are.

Sarcasm aside, yes, my "TV" bill each month is shocking. I think my Sky is £57, my Setanta is another £5 and my *cough* card sharing service for my other channels is £10... ouchy

Guest Hacienda

I pay £61 for a full Virgin package (Sky Sports, Sentanta, Sky Movies), broadband and phone.

You've just got to haggle.

I pay £55 for full sky and multiroom and have sky in the bedroom via a wireless link. Going up next month another tenner when we go hd.

I get FREE Sky, with a little fiddling. I have done for 9 years. X

As for fiddling sky? I didnt think you could these days and that comes from my mate who works for sky technical services

I get FREE Sky, with a little fiddling. I have done for 9 years. X

I find that absolutely abhorrent. If you had any morals you would be ashamed of yourself, but as you clearly don't it is down to me to state the obvious:

You sicken me to my very core.

I find that absolutely abhorrent. If you had any morals you would be ashamed of yourself, but as you clearly don't it is down to me to state the obvious:

If you had any morals you would of jumped off a cliff years ago

Anyone who rips off Murdoch should be applauded.

I dont get sky, I refuse to pay £16 for programs I wont watch, £10 for HD and then the actual sports package Id pay to use.

They wont get any money off me until they offer a sports only package without mixes I dont want, the dsl I dont want and the phone I dont want.

Complete miserable bastards!

I've just agreed to take on the sky bill in my family. I phoned up to sort out the new package with a view to getting all the basic stuff and either sky sports or sky movies.

£16.99 a MONTH is their cheapest package!!!!!!!

I said ok, well I can manage that. I understand that if you order either sky movies, or sky sports you get multiroom included. NOPE.

£10 extra month.

£26.99 a month for their most basic package.

I'd thought the shock of the expense of sky sports or sky movies on top of that might have finished me off so I decided not to ask.

Phoned up Virgin - after ranting and raving on about how much better they are than sky the operator discovered that I wasn't in a cabled area, so couldn't even have their services despite them being the dogs ********. I'm sick of countries like Sky, BT, Tiscali etc in this country. They offer the most basic services, and continue to bleed us dry of money for services that I think we should be entitled to have for half the price. Sky have just put their prices up too.

End of rant.

Are you able to get the old analogiue NTL signal?

Well then, you're going to get very ill indeed then when you realise that there are probably hundreds out there doing it!

Not that I condone what they are doing and before you jump to any conclusions I do pay for all the services I receive from SKY.

I may be out on a limb here but we as a family consider what we get through SKY to be reasonable for what we pay. Our current cost for all our services (Broadband, phone, multiroom, full package SKY+) compared to previously spread across SKY and BT (LESS multiroom) is some 45% cheaper, that also includes the latest SKY price increase.

i too am ****ed off with sky. They keep on over charging me every month by around £12, yes when i phone the buggers they refund it but only after i have spent 30mins on hold, i asked for sky plus, they said that it will cost me £75 for the box and more £££ for installation or i can recommend someone and get the box for free and pay £60 install (where the friend would pay only £30)

Its about time the buggers looked after their existing customers.

Well the curiosity has got the better of me, i for one would love to know how in theory people get Sky for nothing. Not that i would do it of course

You can't any more, of about 2 months ago, so yes I would love to know too.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
You can't any more, of about 2 months ago, so yes I would love to know too.

What man can do, man can also undo. It just needs time and effort.

Oh and probably a budget the size of Sky's research department wouldn't go amiss either.

Just spoken to my mate and you cant at all fiddle it all. Even the old phone line simulator fiddle for free movies etc has been stopped.

You can but you have to think outside of SKY. I don't by the way but I asure you that I know a few dodgy pubs that have SKY and Setanta for nothing more than the cost of the hardware.

I use basic freeview can't find anything i would pay to watch. My local pun shows sky sports so if I wanted to watch something I would go there nd spend a tenner in the pub instead for the 1 game a month i might want to watch

Agreed. Besides, if I find I'm being drawn too much to the TV on a regular basis, there's a strong desire in me to get away and do something active instead. I might give Saints TV some money this year though.

When other household costs were spiralling about 5 years back, d'you know what I did....? I ****in' got rid of it. Best days work ever. Sports... if SFC are on I go to the pub. now I don;t spend time watching games I don't give a **** about as was the case before. Movies.... rent a DVD or go to the cinema... again, it makes you be more selective about what you go and watch instead of sitting throught some god awful ****e because it's there.

I don't miss Sky at all...

You can but you have to think outside of SKY. I don't by the way but I asure you that I know a few dodgy pubs that have SKY and Setanta for nothing more than the cost of the hardware.

Yes, and these systems stopped working about 2 months ago.

You've just got to haggle. They will ALWAYS offer a high deal first, then drop it.

I get SKY+ multiroom, broadband and phone for £18 a month. I don't have sky sports as anything I want to watch, I watch down the pub. I don't have movies as it's a load of tosh.

Seems ok to me.

You've just got to haggle. They will ALWAYS offer a high deal first, then drop it.

I get SKY+ multiroom, broadband and phone for £18 a month. I don't have sky sports as anything I want to watch, I watch down the pub. I don't have movies as it's a load of tosh.

Seems ok to me.

All depends on the what team you've been put through and how many discounts/offers they've got left for the week/month.

We've been with them for years and so far been unlucky with who we've got on the other end as they wouldnt budge.

The other thing is BT is making a killing by not opening our local exchange up properly.

They did but BT are taking ages to opening them all up. I looked into it and found that a certain part of Bassett hasn't been opened up fully whereas the surrounding areas have. Noticeably the Uni side and the Shirley side.

It makes the difference say for Sky by £17, AOL by £12 and a few others by at least £10. I am not happy at all so have made a complaint. Waiting for a reply now.

Have rung them, hoping to get a decent deal only to be told of the additional charge afterwards.

Yes, and these systems stopped working about 2 months ago.

No they didn't. You must be thinking of something totally different to what I'm on about.

I watched the games the weekend and shall be watching them again this weekend.

They are stiil available to buy over the internet and work fine.

No they didn't. You must be thinking of something totally different to what I'm on about.

I watched the games the weekend and shall be watching them again this weekend.

They are stiil available to buy over the internet and work fine.

Im talking about straight decryption, I suspect you're talking about the signal being descrypted and then restreamed via a 3rd party?

Im talking about straight decryption, I suspect you're talking about the signal being descrypted and then restreamed via a 3rd party?

I assume so Baj, all I know is that he bought a piece of hardware from ebay and plugged it into the cable socket and it picks up all the channels, Sky, Setanta, Box Office etc.

He flies by the seat of his pants though, so come the weekend the pub will probably be closed and he'll be nowhere to be seen for weeks :-)

I don't know the specifics of it but know that he had a small box, DVD player size, this was attached to the white cable socket, there was no icon on the screen to confirm it's authenticity so i'm 100% sure that it was dodgy to do.

I assume so Baj, all I know is that he bought a piece of hardware from ebay and plugged it into the cable socket and it picks up all the channels, Sky, Setanta, Box Office etc.

He flies by the seat of his pants though, so come the weekend the pub will probably be closed and he'll be nowhere to be seen for weeks :-)

I don't know the specifics of it but know that he had a small box, DVD player size, this was attached to the white cable socket, there was no icon on the screen to confirm it's authenticity so i'm 100% sure that it was dodgy to do.

Ah right, thatll be a temporary measure to bypass the current encryption, it wont last longer than a couple of months.

Ah right, thatll be a temporary measure to bypass the current encryption, it wont last longer than a couple of months.

Interesting, he did have to type in a code through the remote control. He said they change the code every few weeks and then those behind the hardware update the code and so forth.

Seemed like a bit of a cat and mouse game but we'll see what happens.

On that note, Goodnight

My parents have SKy Plus, but I have freeview, and I must say I'm very happy with it. As long as it has Dave, Sky Sports News, the music channels, E4 and Film 4, I don't really see the need for Sky...yet. Sky Sports News is the one constant, even when there is absolutely nothing good on the other channels.

My parents have SKy Plus, but I have freeview, and I must say I'm very happy with it. As long as it has Dave, Sky Sports News, the music channels, E4 and Film 4, I don't really see the need for Sky...yet. Sky Sports News is the one constant, even when there is absolutely nothing good on the other channels.

That's exactly how I feel.

I assumed after I finished with sky I would be left with all the freeview channels (If not perhaps a few more), but I don't have Dave, SSN, or Film 4.

It's absolute rubbish. I'm going to try and get the freeview going that's built into my TV when I get time to buy some TV cable.

HOW MUCH !!!! What the hell do you get for that ?

I pay £45 month for my 2 apartments in Jersey & Ocean Village and £10 for broadband in OV

I also pay £45 month for my mum's in Totton because she's pensioner now and can't afford it

I wouldn't be without it