Michael Svensson rides again..

well not quite, but after the sad end to his (Saints) career Michael returned to Sweden and

got a job as coach for his old side Halmstad. That was the good news..then.

But now .........

Sadly Halmstad had a nightmare start to the season and sit firmly at the bottom of Allsvenskan (Swedish Prem.) with only one win from 14 games.....and so 36 year old Michael has blown the dust off his boots and had a run out with their reserve side yesterday. (no reports available) but if he has half-a-season left in him, it might just be enough to help his old side stay up, (because there are no parachute payments in Sweden).

I know a two of those 12...

They travel all over the country following Gefle. Two weeks ago they went to watch Kalmar - Gefle, they got back around 2 midnight and they had to play with our local amateur team the next day at 11.

Last year they went to Åtvitaberg away, not quite as long a drive as Kalmar or Helsingborg but after such a long drive you get to watch a footballmatch at this:

800px-Kopparvallen.jpg

If I remember correctly the weather wasn't the best either...

I know a two of those 12...

They travel all over the country following Gefle. Two weeks ago they went to watch Kalmar - Gefle, they got back around 2 midnight and they had to play with our local amateur team the next day at 11.

Last year they went to Åtvitaberg away, not quite as long a drive as Kalmar or Helsingborg but after such a long drive you get to watch a footballmatch at this:

800px-Kopparvallen.jpg

If I remember correctly the weather wasn't the best either...

I briefly spoke to 2 of them outside the stadium before the match, but that was a couple with their son so probably not the people you know.

• 1 month later...