Liking posts

saints-cris

• 2 weeks later...

Latest:

We're working on moving to a(nother) new server. The new one will be light years ahead of what we've had in the past, and hopefully for not much more money. When the move takes place, I will carry out a full upgrade to the latest version of the forum software, and look at implementing the "Like" functionality. I need to be satisfied that it's not going to cause any performance issues - I don't think it will, but want to check first.

Latest:

We're working on moving to a(nother) new server. The new one will be light years ahead of what we've had in the past, and hopefully for not much more money. When the move takes place, I will carry out a full upgrade to the latest version of the forum software, and look at implementing the "Like" functionality. I need to be satisfied that it's not going to cause any performance issues - I don't think it will, but want to check first.

What we going with? The on-the-fly scalable options?

What we going with? The on-the-fly scalable options?

No, I'm not entirely convinced by the reliability of the cloud options available at the moment, mainly as they all seem to suggest a "potential" downtime of anywhere between 1 and 60 minutes whenever the system is downgraded to the "base" level after a period of high traffic.

I'm looking at an IBM x3350 M3 server, which would have 32GB of RAM (8x more than we have now), 2x quad-core processors, a RAID10 system, etc.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
No, I'm not entirely convinced by the reliability of the cloud options available at the moment, mainly as they all seem to suggest a "potential" downtime of anywhere between 1 and 60 minutes whenever the system is downgraded to the "base" level after a period of high traffic.

I'm looking at an IBM x3350 M3 server, which would have 32GB of RAM (8x more than we have now), 2x quad-core processors, a RAID10 system, etc.

Christ, IBM having to reuse model numbers. That was the serial for one of the mountable disc drives back in the early 80s.

I suggested this months ago and got shot down, why the change of heart?!

BTW when I suggested it I was meaning something similar to HotUKDeals rather than Facebook, I assume that's what Cris means too.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/7-x-passport-photos-12p-8-x-passport-photos-94p-with-code-tesco-photo-collect-in/913785 (This is the HUKD version)

Edited by Mattio