Ignore List

Scoobysaint

Due to several posters seemingly only visiting the forum to antagonise and belittle everybody else's opinion, would it be possible to have a total ignore function? This would mean that you wouldn't even see when they have posted and you wouldn't have to read their drivel when requoted. It is only a small minority but it does have a detrimental impact on the forum as threads often drift off topic and instead into childish bickering and insults.

The quoting system doesn't work like that - it's a code that makes the persons name come up about a quoted post. For example, I could quote your post, edit the code around and...

Due to several posters seemingly only visiting the forum to antagonise and belittle everybody else's opinion, would it be possible to have a total ignore function? This would mean that you wouldn't even see when they have posted and you wouldn't have to read their drivel when requoted. It is only a small minority but it does have a detrimental impact on the forum as threads often drift off topic and instead into childish bickering and insults.

You could have Baj on your ignore list, but as far as the ignore function is concerned this post is nothing to do with him. This is down to VBulletins software and unfortunately I don't think there's a whole lot the admin could do about it.

The only thing I could possibly think of is if there was an ignore function that blocked any post containing that persons username, but then if you blocked someone with Saint in their username you'd have a lot of blocked posts on a forum discussing the Saints.

Edited by Saint_clark