Who remembers Transport Tycoon?

O_RLY

Transport Tycoon is an excellent game, and I wholeheartedly endorse the open source version.

If you are into this sort of thing, I highly recommend Sid Meier's Railroads!

Although you're constrained to one form of transport, it is a really engaging game.

You have to download the AI in game - basically the download off OpenTTD gets yuou the game, the music and the sound effects.

By clicking GRF manager in the menu you can then scan available online content which shows all the add ons - including all sorts of differring AIs depending on what sort of skills you want them to have...Admiral AI is a good all rounder. Theres also maps/vehicles and other things you can download. South England including Isle of Wight is a good map.

Tick what you want > click Download and it auto installs it. AI will automatically appear providing you have enabled a number of competitors the options - choose 1 to 14.

The main problem you may have is the fact that the original game was designed with only 256 colours in mind.

On modern versions of Windows, apps sometimes freak when that happens and bugger up the colours.

If you have any bother, there is a setting in the openttd.cfg ( will be in your Documents dir under OpenTTD ).

fullscreen_bpp

It's left blank atm, but if you change it to :-

fullscreen_bpp = 32

You'll be able to run the bugger at full screen without the colours fecking up.

The main problem you may have is the fact that the original game was designed with only 256 colours in mind.

On modern versions of Windows, apps sometimes freak when that happens and bugger up the colours.

If you have any bother, there is a setting in the openttd.cfg ( will be in your Documents dir under OpenTTD ).

fullscreen_bpp

It's left blank atm, but if you change it to :-

fullscreen_bpp = 32

You'll be able to run the bugger at full screen without the colours fecking up.

I've got the Deluxe version running through DosBox on Mac. I've played it for a bit, not too fussed really.