Derby Away

• 3 weeks later...
Cheap trains to be had to Derby.

Have a look on South Eastern Rail. Currently £18 1st Class return from London, with a railcard.

Fill your boots lads.

I think you should check your tickets, London Saints booked same tickets initially for Derby and then for Barnsley but found out in days leading up to Barnsley game that tickets were only upgrade from 2nd to 1st class

At St Pancras on day of Barnsley game numerous people turned up thinking tickets were valid only to be told not the case without standard class return ticket, this effected quite a few Brentford fans on their way to Sheff utd in particular

At the moment there is an enquiry going on at South East trains as website was clearly misleading (making it appear these are 1st Class tickets when in fact only upgrade) and many travellers, and East Midlands trains whose staff took loads of stick through no fault of their own, are not at all happy about what has happened

I think you should check your tickets, London Saints booked same tickets initially for Derby and then for Barnsley but found out in days leading up to Barnsley game that tickets were only upgrade from 2nd to 1st class

At St Pancras on day of Barnsley game numerous people turned up thinking tickets were valid only to be told not the case without standard class return ticket, this effected quite a few Brentford fans on their way to Sheff utd in particular

At the moment there is an enquiry going on at South East trains as website was clearly misleading (making it appear these are 1st Class tickets when in fact only upgrade) and many travellers, and East Midlands trains whose staff took loads of stick through no fault of their own, are not at all happy about what has happened

Do you know what is happening with the SOuth East Trains enquiry, as they're not getting back to me?

My mate picked up on that the other day. I keep trying to explain to SET that they've sold me upgrades and not actual tickets but they won't have it and keep telling me they're valid for travel - which they're not. I just can't get through to them. Incompetent morons.

My mate picked up on that the other day. I keep trying to explain to SET that they've sold me upgrades and not actual tickets but they won't have it and keep telling me they're valid for travel - which they're not. I just can't get through to them. Incompetent morons.

I notice all those £9 single First Class tickets have disappeared from the SE Trains website now !!,

NB return travel to Derby from London available at £35 at moment using two singles

I notice all those £9 single First Class tickets have disappeared from the SE Trains website now !!,

NB return travel to Derby from London available at £35 at moment using two singles

I've just spoken to South Eastern and they're refunding the tickets that they originally miss-sold. I've just booked up on the exact same trains, 1st Class and it came to £23 return (with a railcard from London) so only £5 more than I originally paid with their false 'deal'.

I've just spoken to South Eastern and they're refunding the tickets that they originally miss-sold. I've just booked up on the exact same trains, 1st Class and it came to £23 return (with a railcard from London) so only £5 more than I originally paid with their false 'deal'.

I think that is the deal my friend who booked our tickets got.

• 3 weeks later...
For those going by train there is the Merry Widows or the Brunswick right outside the station.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Merry Widows was a home only pub. The Forest lot tend to wind up Derby by parking up in there when they've been away some where and have to change trains there. The Brunswick is the 'away pub' but the home support use it too.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Merry Widows was a home only pub. The Forest lot tend to wind up Derby by parking up in there when they've been away some where and have to change trains there. The Brunswick is the 'away pub' but the home support use it too.
Always gone in the Merry Widows and never had a problem, usually fairly quiet. Not the best pub around though. All the pubs on that road across from the station are good from what I've found over the years.

Always gone in the Merry Widows and never had a problem, usually fairly quiet. Not the best pub around though. All the pubs on that road across from the station are good from what I've found over the years.

where was the boozer we went to on the bank holiday weekend drinking pints of Old Rosie? that was decent, 1-0 away win, would take that again.

I reckon we'll take about 1200 fans to this one.

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone can help me out here. I haven’t been to away game since we Beat Man City 3-1 (about 2004). I would like to attend this game but no longer have a membership or season ticket. I only get to go to a few home games a season as moved away from Soton. Can anyone get me a ticket?

The same weekend, im going to attend the weber cup, (the rider cup of Ten pin Bowling). I can get free tickets for whoever is interested. The event use to be live on sky but now only showing the highlights. Its a brilliant event, and atmosphere is similar event to the Mosconi cup, (rider cup of pool) which I have attended in Holland and London. The weber cup is in Barnsley and about an hour by train from Derby. I can get tickets which are free if anyone is interested on Friday evening and/or Sunday evening. Let me know ASAP if interested.

I plan to stay in cheap accommodation somewhere possibly in Derby and Barnsley for 2-3 nights and also have a bit of a **** up, possibly in Derby on the Saturday evening. Not sure what its like its for going out? i'm 29 now but can still move on the dance floor (just!).

Paul.

Having purchased my train tickets for Derby weeks ago, I am a bit concerned now about getting tickets for the game. Contacted the club ref General sale date and got this reply.

"Derby tickets will only go on sale subject to availability. If there are remaining tickets, these will go on sale on the 3rd October 2011"

Again, anyone that wants a ticket for this game will definitely get one.

No tickets available online at the moment...? So I guess we've sold the lot? Any chance we'll get some more? Cos' I wanna go!

Probably down to it being ST holders only at the minute and the magnificent online system can't handle that.

Not really. Money is tight for a lot of people so why pay for an away game that you can watch for free?

I hear what you're saying, but for a club with support the size of Derby and a local derby you'd expect at least 2700 which what we took to Leicester. We have Reading away on tv but I've predicated to my Reading mate we will take 4300 there, hope I'm right!!

Do you get tickets in away end as part of your nipper being mascot or do you have to sit in home section?

I hear what you're saying, but for a club with support the size of Derby and a local derby you'd expect at least 2700 which what we took to Leicester. We have Reading away on tv but I've predicated to my Reading mate we will take 4300 there, hope I'm right!!

Do you get tickets in away end as part of your nipper being mascot or do you have to sit in home section?

Got to buy my own away end tickets, which I'll do tomorrow.

Derby have sent through all the guff and they are certainly putting on a good day for him.

The Reading game is an interesting one as it's a game I want to go to but can I justify spending ££ on two tickets when I can watch it for free? Not sure I can really justify it.

Wrong! Although it says that on the web site tickets are available from the ticket office hotline.

I just purchased two. Phew!

You are right Badsey!! Just managed to get a couple myself:smug:,thanks for that reply. Why say on the site sold out when there are tickets left ??:? I was just 2 clicks away from purchasing from DCFC at the WRONG end of the ground for another "sit on your hands Saturday afternoon"

Why say on the site sold out when there are tickets left ??:? I was just 2 clicks away from purchasing from DCFC at the WRONG end of the ground for another "sit on your hands Saturday afternoon"

I think there is a different allocation to the people that handle the on-line sales to those in the ticket office. Like you I wasn't relishing sitting with the home fans which would have been the only other option.

I should have asked the ticket office how many seats had been sold but forgot in my excitement in getting tickets!

Anyone have access to this information out of interest?

Just got 3 tickets, by phoning in... he said still loads left...he couldn't understand why he hadn't sold any as was expecting to sell quite a few once they went on general sale (ie. this morning), I said it may have something to do with your online system saying they are SOLD OUT!!! He is looking into it... We need to take at least 2,000 to this one...and be a shame if we didnt sell many due to system error!!!

Just got 3 tickets, by phoning in... he said still loads left...he couldn't understand why he hadn't sold any as was expecting to sell quite a few once they went on general sale (ie. this morning), I said it may have something to do with your online system saying they are SOLD OUT!!! He is looking into it... We need to take at least 2,000 to this one...and be a shame if we didnt sell many due to system error!!!

They also don't say on the official site that the tickets go on general sale today!