Remove the "Quote" facility

Saint in Paradise

Just a thought but how about removing the quote facility as I get fed up when

people use it to reply sometimes. The reason being they quote very very long posts

and then put "This" or "I agree" type reply. This must take up a lot of bandwidth and

space ? Would said removal help the whole forum run smoother ?

people use it to reply sometimes. The reason being they quote very very long posts

and then put "This" or "I agree" type reply. This must take up a lot of bandwidth and

+ 1

Nutshell

Certainly the case in quoting pics but, a useful tool in replying to a specific point raised by one or more posts, and being able to highlight a specific passage or words.

I normally delete most of the other paragraphs and only quote the pertinent points to my rerply.

But don't quote me on that.

Just delete all threads that have no new posts after 15/20 days?

Assume this is a suggestion to help the forum run smoother - and if so that won't help. Threads are only "active" whilst being viewed, so any old threads won't be taking up any bandwidth.

That facility already exists within the forum rules and it's hardly worked so far, so what makes you think it would work in any new incarnation? Or do you mean a button that anybody could click?......Meh, no matter what they'd only get reinstated anyway.

Very sad really. You only have to read the idiot posts in the lounge right now to realise what this site has become. A home for internet hardmen/warriors/racism and trolling. I can only think the owners of this site condone it all.

Very sad really. You only have to read the idiot posts in the lounge right now to realise what this site has become. A home for internet hardmen/warriors/racism and trolling. I can only think the owners of this site condone it all.

I've long held the view that the racists have some hold although I can't prove it.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum, which is why I did not renew my subscription.