Player transfers this year

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

A list of Saints 2008 ins and outs for the convenience of Saintsweb users .

Outs :

A Ostlund - released , now a free agent

I Idiakez - released , now a free agent

J Wright - released , now signed at Blackpool FC .

M Licka - released , now signed at FC Banik Ostrava .

D Powell - released , now a free agent

Y Safri - Unconfirmed status , probably going to Qatar Sports Club for £????

M Saganowski - on loan at Aalborg BK until December 08 .

C Lundekvam - retired , injury related .

C Makin - retired , injury related

J Viafara - contract cancelled by mutual consent . (personal reasons)

And we thought we were going to get promoted with that lot

Rasiak, Skacel and Euell have been declared surplus and if the right offer comes in for Davis he can go also. Any guesses how much the wage bill will have been reduced in total by the end of the month?
I've just totted up the figures and without those 4 above I reckon we have already saved £75,000 a week, with those 4 probably more like £105,000.

Makes you realise how much money the club have been spunking on sh*t players, viva youth.

I've just totted up the figures and without those 4 above I reckon we have already saved £75,000 a week, with those 4 probably more like £105,000.

Makes you realise how much money the club have been spunking on sh*t players, viva youth.

If this was true, and I guess its probably a reasonable guess, this would be £3.9M per annum. With all of the loanees off the wage bill as well we must have saved about £5m in total. OK we need to add Schneiderlin, Svensson, Wotton, Holmes & Perry, and I would guess that some of the youngsters may have received a pay rise, still thats not a bad saving given the dross that has gone.

I made my best guesstimate of wages saved on the players released and came up with a very similar number to yours (£80k per week) - this must mean we're both right , or possibly not !