I wonder who'll be first to create a takeover thread?

trousers

I suspect you have just created one.

Perhaps I should include a "Mr Winky" when I'm trying to be ever so slightly amusing....?! Like creating a takeover thread asking who'll be the first to start a takeover thread.....subtlety was never my strong point.....anyway....here he is:- ;)

The fall in the share price is good news, but sadly it means nothing if Lowe and Wilde choose to hold out for more money for themselves.

What is good for SFC and it's supporters, and what Lowe and Wilde see as the number 1 priority are not necessarily the same thing. I fear the club will continue to decline under Lowe and Wilde at least in the short term. In the medium term the current financial situation is unsustainable so something will have to give.

A very well connected person told me recently that if it did not happen by the end of last week, it seemed very unlikely that it would happen. I have every reason to believe said person, but the difference between the share price now and what has been offered and agreed by all players seems too good to be true IMO. There's more than one player apparently still, but I have severe doubts we'll be seeing a takeover anywhen soon.

A very well connected person told me recently that if it did not happen by the end of last week, it seemed very unlikely that it would happen.

So...what was the straw that broke the back of the Fulthorpe camel?

Was he let down by someone who promised to financially support his bid or was he simply out of his depth?

A new fresh start to the forum....a new fresh start for Fitzhugh Fella to come back and fill us in....? Come on Duncan....you know it makes sense....;):)

LLS and St David were rumoured to be preparing to post, but when they had to prove they could put up £5 they withdrew.

Well, there is some good news.

They have a backer who sent them the fiver.

The bad news is that he was in Zimbabwe and by the time the money arrived it was only worth 76p

So...what was the straw that broke the back of the Fulthorpe camel?

Was he let down by someone who promised to financially support his bid or was he simply out of his depth?

A new fresh start to the forum....a new fresh start for Fitzhugh Fella to come back and fill us in....? Come on Duncan....you know it makes sense....;):)

Where is our friend Trader? If he is too close to Fulthorpe, there may be an argument between them - Trader wants to spend his fiver on his subscription. Without it, Fulthorpe can't complete the takeover. Wow! This forum could be responsible for another failed takeover. ;)

Where is our friend Trader? If he is too close to Fulthorpe, there may be an argument between them - Trader wants to spend his fiver on his subscription. Without it, Fulthorpe can't complete the takeover. Wow! This forum could be responsible for another failed takeover. ;)

Roswell has posted 51 times, it's a conspiracy I tell thee!

Roswell has posted 51 times, it's a conspiracy I tell thee!

:)

p.s. dear mods.....any chance of turning off the 'minimum post = 3 characters' feature....? I would hate to spoil the impact of single smilie responses....:)

I was fortunate enough (or maybe not?) to be privy to some apparently good information on Saturday, of which I scoffed at.

Apparently the whole Merrington/Dubai/Shearer thing won't go away. The person who told me NEVER has anything really of substance when it comes to information about the club but nevertheless, he told me that it could well happen soon and Shearer will be installed as manager with £50m to spend over the next 2 seasons, and the club will also be debt free.

Then I heard the same thing again, today, from my father, about something he saw on SSN...

So, I'm not sure whats going on with this rumour, but it appears to be gathering pace. Am I happy about it? Not really, as we've just wasted another pre-season on preparing for something totally different...

I was fortunate enough (or maybe not?) to be privy to some apparently good information on Saturday, of which I scoffed at.

Apparently the whole Merrington/Dubai/Shearer thing won't go away. The person who told me NEVER has anything really of substance when it comes to information about the club but nevertheless, he told me that it could well happen soon and Shearer will be installed as manager with £50m to spend over the next 2 seasons, and the club will also be debt free.

Then I heard the same thing again, today, from my father, about something he saw on SSN...

So, I'm not sure whats going on with this rumour, but it appears to be gathering pace. Am I happy about it? Not really, as we've just wasted another pre-season on preparing for something totally different...

we had to cut our cloth accordingly, if these guys come in and wipe out our debts and give us £50 million to spend i will be very happy.

if, big if as I am very sceptical, this happened, then the fact that we have spent summer getting rid of dead wood and developing youth would still be a good foundation.

£50m could soon go, and the players going could just be the ones to replace, with talented youth to work with them.

Well, I’ve been away in Marbella and now back and talking with people along the way (with much more money than me) and I feel something could well be imminent very soon. Who knows, neck on the block but something to keep people interested. Don’t shoot the messenger or ask for sources, just watch the press as I am just another nobody on an internet forum but….I’ve a funny feeling there’s more strength to these words this time. Merely my own meandering judgement!

Got to use my posts wisely!