Whats wrong with me part two!!

Turkish

After you medical experts diagnosed Dunes affliction i wonder I'd you can help me. From time to time I get a pain in the joint of my big toe for no apparent reason, I've been tested for gout and it's not that. It happens every now and again and now I am getting it in my ankle. The same ankle which I injured badly in 1997 and effectively ended my football career at a decent non league standard and have done the ligaments of 3 time since. Been weak ever since that injury. I think I might have a bit of arthritis I'm only 34, surely not?!!

Just asked the bird (podiatrist) - you can get arthritis at any age from an injury, but perhaps could be tendonitis/tendonopathy. Is there swelling and redness?

There is. An Ibruprophen usually sorts me out short term it's pis*ing me off though FFS

There is. An Ibruprophen usually sorts me out short term it's pis*ing me off though FFS

"See a physio and get refered for an xray (to see if its osteoarthritis) but an MRI scan would be needed to check the tendons." hth

Failing that, become an alcoholic.

You can't just do one test for gout - they just measure urate at a point in time and your urate levels may havve dropped by the time they did the test. In any case, from 12 years experience, gout is a form of arthritis in as much as it causes your joints to mis-shape. Toe is one, but ankle is just as common. I also severely twisted my ankle a couple of years before getting the first gout attack - in that same ankle, so I think the trauma can make a joint more susceptible to 'gouty arthritis' as it is known.

You have gout. Big toe and ankle are classic.

Stop drinking wine and port, and take anti inflammatories. Keep yourself well hydrated.

It is cause by urate crystals building up and making the surface rough. A one of blood test may 'prove' it, but it definitely doesn't disprove it. Gout diagnosis is based on what you see, and not necessarily on tests.

Operations are available to scrape the crystals off the joints, but you'd need to be nearly crippled to justify that.

It's a misconception that gout is caused by port and a rich diet. It can affect even the healthiest people.

Lifestyle Dietary causes account for about 12% of gout,[2] and include a strong association with the consumption of alcohol, fructose-sweetened drinks, meat, and seafood.[4][8] Other triggers include physical trauma and surgery.[6] Recent studies have found dietary factors once believed to be associated are, in fact, not; including the intake of purine-rich vegetables and total protein.[9][10] The consumption of coffee, vitamin C and dairy products as well as physical fitness appear to decrease the risk.[11][12][13] This is believed to be partly due to their effect in reducing insulin resistance

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gout

After you medical experts diagnosed Dunes affliction i wonder I'd you can help me. From time to time I get a pain in the joint of my big toe for no apparent reason, I've been tested for gout and it's not that. It happens every now and again and now I am getting it in my ankle. The same ankle which I injured badly in 1997 and effectively ended my football career at a decent non league standard and have done the ligaments of 3 time since. Been weak ever since that injury. I think I might have a bit of arthritis I'm only 34, surely not?!!

Why not "Stroll around unchallenged " to your local GP on Monday?

Perhaps it is the start of bone cancer. :scared: