Eating out in Southampton

John Boy Saint

My Daughter and her friend are attending an event in Southampton Saturday night, as she is uncertain when it will end and the trains get less frequent after 11pm we have decided to bring them into the City and obviously take them home.

So an opportunity for dinner out has arisen for Mrs JBS & me so we were wondering if anyone has any good suggestions. A starter for 10 in my mind is Kutis Thai (if it still exists) in the old pier building.

Being well travelled I will eat anything (Bee larvae & Scorpions included but can't see them being on offer in Southampton) but Mrs JBS is a little more choosy................ So step forwards all you Gastrominers.

If you and your wife like a curry look no further than Coriander Lounge which is on the High St across the road from Holyrood .

Very popular though so if you fancy it get on the phone and book as soon as you can. 02380 710888

I have seen our very own MLT in there picking up a takeaway !!!!

The Coriander Lounge is exellent I am a regular there but you need to book early and I mean a couple of days ahead as you won't get a table otherwise. I've seen MLT in there a few times and also Nicola Cortese and his wife were a couple of tables down one time.

Ennios is good If you like Italian. Go on the delicious dining website and get a card Which gives discount at 8 restaurants in the area, all of which are very good.

http://www.theoxfordbrasserie.co.uk/ is a good shout. Not too far from Kutis thai pier. I've always liked Ennio's (Italian) across from TQ and La Regatta is good for tapas and atmosphere (although haven't been there in 5 years).

Cheers for the input folks.

Here looks like Mrs JBS will be comfy on initial viewing, had a look at Kutis Thai online menu: seemed a tad light on content.

Coriander Lounge tickles my tastbuds. Best pull my finger out and book something.

I love Oxford Street.

Everytime we went out in Soton during the summer, we went there.

Maybe it misses a fully-fledged dancing joint, but my wife and I got with the spirit in the London Arms on a Sunday night.

For a place full of wooftahs, I was a bit taken aback how often my missus got chatted up while I was at the bar, loo or DJ..

Ah Coriander Lounge - the lunch buffet is a killer! Recommend to any working / around town midweek, £7.95 all you can eat.

If you like Chinese Pilgrim House buffet is very good. off the menu, not one that has been sweating under lights all day and tastes dry as f*ck the later you go.