Tesco,Sainsburys, Morrisons, Asda or Lidl

dune

Sainsburys in Leigh sell a bottled beer in a red and white label call ed 5 am Saint ... 5% and pretty tasty .... smuggled 2 bottles back to Dubai to sup during commentary and osting on here for the next match when I'm not working.

Aldi in Leigh was pretty good for veg - on average 10 -20p cheaper.

Sainsburys in Leigh sell a bottled beer in a red and white label call ed 5 am Saint ... 5% and pretty tasty .... smuggled 2 bottles back to Dubai to sup during commentary and osting on here for the next match when I'm not working.

Aldi in Leigh was pretty good for veg - on average 10 -20p cheaper.

It's made by Brew Dog, try their Punk IPA, my fave beer by a long way.

It's made by Brew Dog, try their Punk IPA, my fave beer by a long way.

Yep done that .... it was the word PUNK that first caught my eye ( being a Punk music devotee) and then I spied the latters SAI on a bottle next to it and when I turned it round the full SAINT became visible and had to be purchased as well!!

Shame about the blue and white label though and that they are only 330 ml bottles though.

Tesco, use the points on doing something rather than punting it back into the shopping basket, plus Mrs JBS works for the Evil Empire so we get discount there too.

Would like a Waitrose local to us as they do have some nice bits and bobs not found elsewhere.

Saved me the bother... +1.

Sainsburys because it's convenient, but fruit and veg from the stall on Shirley High St. Miles cheaper than the supermarkets.

Lidl in Shirley is a bit grotty but the one in Eastleigh is quite presentable. I have a passion for their oven chips.

Gannaways Fruiterer on Portswood has just closed, which was a bit of a shame since they made some of their own decent looking jars of chutneys & sauces.

Oh no, has it? Always shopped there when I lived in Portswood - good quality fruit and veg at decent prices, and all whilst supporting a local independent trader. That's a sad loss.

I shop in a couple of independent shops, and mainly Waitrose (or Ocado) for the bits I can't get elsewhere. And that has nothing to do with class and everything to do with quality and sustainability.

Owned by Walmart, decent company to work for to be honest.

Biggest supermarket in the world who can source stock worldwide and who started the price wars over here and broke cartel which the other supermarkets were involved with to keep prices high at expense of customers.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

fook im bored! but Lidl really is a sh/thole.:spaz:

F**k me! you're capable of starting a topic that doesn't involve politics or your bum buddy Cameron!

As for the topic - no supermarket, I despise shopping. Having to deal with slow ****s in the aisles who constantly get in my way, I know what I want to get, so how about **** off out of my way so I can get it! Then you get the *****s who insist on leaving their trolley in the middle of the aisle and there's not enough room to get your trolley around it. There's been a few times where their trolley has gone elsewhere or been bashed out of the way. Oh and never go shopping with a woman - you end up with a dozen items that aren't on the shoping list!

I don't avoid chains per se, more like individual stores. For instance I would go to asda in totton , but avoid the one in chandlers ford like the plague. I would also rather go on holiday to yemen than shop in the milbrook tescos. I prefer waitrose if only for the reason that there are fewer people in it and the queues are shorter.

I used to work in Happy Shopper ( previously known as Budgens ) on St. Mary's St during my college years.

It was an interesting place to work. The local under 10s used to think it was highly amusing to come in and shout ( "Happy Shopper, Crappy Shopper" ). To be honest, I did too - and got into bother a few times for not keeping a straight face.

I also enjoyed people pulling up in knackered old motors at 7:01am to get 8 tins of Special Brew. One time, my supervisor feigned a bit of concern at this shopping pattern :-

"I hope you're not going to drink and drive...."

"No, I'm going to drive and drink"...

Mercifully, I managed to get a job in ASDA in town chopping up meats and cheeses. I worked at TESCO during Uni years too, so either of those places are where I do my main shop.

I'm sorry to hear that...

Attitudes like that see people choosing to sit on their arse and claim dole rather than get a job at the lower end of the scale like in a supermarket or mcJob as they find it embarassing. Fair play to Gaz IMO.

Oh and Waitrose or Asda for me, depends if I can be arsed to drive to Chandlers Ford or not.

Attitudes like that see people choosing to sit on their arse and claim dole rather than get a job at the lower end of the scale like in a supermarket or mcJob as they find it embarassing. Fair play to Gaz IMO.

Oh and Waitrose or Asda for me, depends if I can be arsed to drive to Chandlers Ford or not.

I second that fair play to Gaz.

McPap enterprises is going alright at the moment, but if I did have to go for something else, having someone sneer at your job is not helpful.

True story. I kept my bar job that I had at Uni for five years after I'd graduated, even when I was making decent wedge outside. I liked the people I worked with, and more than anything, it was a seriously cheap way to have a good laugh on a Saturday night. I worked at Liverpool Guild of Students, and it always amused me when undergraduates walked through the door and assumed you were thick as pigsh*t because of the job you were doing.

That attitude is rife, and needlessly so.

£8.54 an hour for 10 hours per night, contracted for 22.5 hrs in a new opened store (we get in 10 days before opening in November), pretty much guarenteed overtime for a not very demanding job, plus I will finish work just the rest of the UK is waking up and dreading their day.

I like the sounds of that. :D

Meat from Owtons, fruit and veg from either Pickwells or the other farm shop on Hamble Lane. I work part time in Co op so get quite a lot of stuff cheap in there. If we need anything else then it's Sainsbury's in Bitterne as it's next to the gym.

Despite the fact the closest supermarket to us is the hideously huge Bursledon Tesco I hardly ever go in there and when I do it makes me feel dirty.

having someone sneer at your job is not helpful.

I get that quite a lot in the shop I work in. Probably because it's in Hamble and I don't have a boat (or even know how to sail).

Thing is people don't know the reasons why you work in a certain place. Me, well it's near my home, hours to suit around looking after the kids, and best of all I've wangled it so I don't work Saturdays so am free to watch Saints every week.

Depressing how many people shop at a supermarket rather than the local shops that have been all but killed off by lazy people going to supermarkets

Small shops in town centres cannot compete with the free parking, generally lower prices and vast range of products that the big supermarkets provide.

In the suburbs, small shop can survive if they stay open long hours. If I need a paper or milk or bread, I'll stroll up to the local shop. Unfortunately, the Tesco Expresses are taking over here. They should be confined to their big stores.

Where I live, there are 3 supermarkets, countless Tesco Expresses and lots of independent shops. The supermarkets and small shops are all in or very close to the High Street and all the small shops thrive. We've got butchers, bread shops and an independent hardware shop. And, just recently, a new mall has opened. The only thing missing is a fruit and veg shop.

I don't know why it works - maybe free town centre parking helps. But, although we've got many of the chains in the town, the town centre is very varied and not a carbon copy of every other high street in every other town.

Meat from Owtons butchers (they are f*cking brilliant), fruit and veg from the farm shop by the plough pub (can't remember the name of it). Get the majority of all the other crap I need from Bursledon tesco's, Morrisons, Sainsburys or Asda depending on which one I am closest to or driving past as it really makes little to no difference to me.

FWIW I find Asda and Tesco's to be far better out of the big 4.

Meat from a very good local butcher, fruit and veg from the allotment and when not possible Aldi's as it's way cheaper and great quality.

I have a large ASDA, Tesco and Sainsburys all within 1 mile so we hoover up the loss leaders.

Tesco keep sending of money off vouchers such as £7 of £70 shopping so when they land they get used. Their points, plus an airmiles AMEX = lots of free flights.

I get my meat from a van at my local market. Been buying off him for ages and never had a tough joint. On Saturday bought a lamb shoulder for 6 pounds and huge pack of bacon for 10 pounds. Cheaper and better than the supermarkets.

Sainsburys because it's convenient, but fruit and veg from the stall on Shirley High St. Miles cheaper than the supermarkets.

Lidl in Shirley is a bit grotty but the one in Eastleigh is quite presentable. I have a passion for their oven chips.

Convenience stores do tend to be convenient, no offence ecuk.

Milk delivered to your door will save you a lot of time and money. We started ours a few months back from www.milkandmore.co.uk saves dashes to the local shop or detours on the way home from work plus you don't get brainwashed into buying those 'essentials' that you didn't know that you didn't need.

Love pottering around the centre aisle of LIDL and ALDI stores, some cool little gadgets occasionally, although I tend to resist actually buying them.

Poundland and 99p store are amazing value, do not know how they do it, I really don't.

Burgess Road for ALL take-aways.

ASDA for the BIG shop. Persoanlly prefer Tesco (Millbrook) for the points and the tremendous feeling of superiority that it gives one when surrounded by mums in pyjamas.

ASDA for petrol too, always the cheapest for miles, if I ever run low I will chuck a tenner in just to get me home then ASDA the next day.

Convenience stores do tend to be convenient, no offence ecuk.

Milk delivered to your door will save you a lot of time and money. We started ours a few months back from www.milkandmore.co.uk saves dashes to the local shop or detours on the way home from work plus you don't get brainwashed into buying those 'essentials' that you didn't know that you didn't need.

Love pottering around the centre aisle of LIDL and ALDI stores, some cool little gadgets occasionally, although I tend to resist actually buying them.

Poundland and 99p store are amazing value, do not know how they do it, I really don't.

Burgess Road for ALL take-aways.

ASDA for the BIG shop. Persoanlly prefer Tesco (Millbrook) for the points and the tremendous feeling of superiority that it gives one when surrounded by mums in pyjamas.

ASDA for petrol too, always the cheapest for miles, if I ever run low I will chuck a tenner in just to get me home then ASDA the next day.

Asda and Sainsburys always on a par and the cheapest around here, Tesco always dearer