Pompey Sell out Charity Shield Allocation

PES

Got to be honest i'm surprised as I know hardly anyone going. However it's true. SOLD OUT!!

I do know of a few Saints fans going, Stu Romsey Saint is conspicuous by his absence? I'll keep an eye out for him tomorrow. :D

Got to be honest i'm surprised as I know hardly anyone going. However it's true. SOLD OUT!!

:D

Who's gonna 'look after' your sisters while you're all out for the day? Have to get there rabbits out maybe? Still, if you leave before FT, you might be home in time to 'tuck 'em in'.

Who's gonna 'look after' your sisters while you're all out for the day? Have to get there rabbits out maybe? Still, if you leave before FT, you might be home in time to 'tuck 'em in'.

Um, OK? :confused: :)

Hello, I am just back from holiday.

I think you should find out the difference between 'Sold Out' and 'None more available'

I think you may well be a little bit red faced come Sunday when the empty seats are shown.

I bet you get your fiver out by 5pm if we have a good win today Stu!

As for tomorrow, well, living in Manchester I'll be a Manure fan for the day.

Hello, I am just back from holiday.

I think you should find out the difference between 'Sold Out' and 'None more available'

I think you may well be a little bit red faced come Sunday when the empty seats are shown.

Ok Stuart, a proposal, how about we check out the Attendance on the day. We know man utd sold out there allocation as they did for last seasons game. You'd probably agree that last years Man Utd v Chelsea is a far more attractive corporate fixture so should sell/attract more sponsors/FA/ type fans around 40,000. If tomorrows attendance is less than 80,730 then i'll take all your jibes on the chin. However, I predict the attendance will be more than last years. Thats the only fair way to assess things.

For what it's worth I am amazed that Pompey have sold out, less than half of the Regulars I know are actually going! I guess some of the 200,000 pompey fans on the common must of got tickets and want to enjoy a day out at Wembley?

For what it's worth I am amazed that Pompey have sold out, less than half of the Regulars I know are actually going! I guess most of the 200,000 pompey fans are common as muck and must of got tickets and want to enjoy a day out at Wembley?

:D;)

Ok Stuart, a proposal, how about we check out the Attendance on the day. We know man utd sold out there allocation as they did for last seasons game. You'd probably agree that last years Man Utd v Chelsea is a far more attractive corporate fixture so should sell/attract more sponsors/FA/ type fans around 40,000. If tomorrows attendance is less than 80,730 then i'll take all your jibes on the chin. However, I predict the attendance will be more than last years. Thats the only fair way to assess things.

For what it's worth I am amazed that Pompey have sold out, less than half of the Regulars I know are actually going! I guess some of the 200,000 pompey fans on the common must of got tickets and want to enjoy a day out at Wembley?

I can agree with that. Of that 17 Pompey ST holders I know approx zero went

Wrong, both Manu and pompey tickets went to general sale on Monday of last week

I wanted to get tickets on Thursday but was not able to

They only went on sale for half a day. The FA forced Pompey to stop sellig the second man Utd sold out there tickets that had also gone on general sale. It took the mancs half a day to sell their remaining tickets hence Pompey's only being on sale for around 4-6 hours.

It mentions pockets of empty seats, Ive just watched the highlights and there were more pockets than in a magicians jacket.

Your right Nick, there were plenty of empty seats. i'd say at a guess about 2-3 thousand in the Pompey end (Just my honest guess)? As for club Wembley (The middle section) I would say that was just over half full. I have mixed feelings as so many fans I know did not go. Now this irritates me because I think they are a bit complacent as to how long it may take to see Pompey at Wembley again. However I was encouraged by the number of families that had gone, loads of kids all flag waving and face painted-up and it was actually a really nice atmosphere, my favourite of the 3 games ive attended at Wembley this last 4 months. The announcer at the stadium said 84,000 summink? which is about 4,000 more than last year. I'll use this as an example of why this thread is no more than a bit of fun. Yes we sold more than Chelsea, however in terms of fanbase, we must have 1/10th of the fanbase of Chelsea. But I will re-iterate I was blown away by the amount of families and kids attending, more good news for the future.

I shall use one of my three posts to link this...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Pompey-v-Man-Utd-.4375001.jp

Seems even your local rag is dissappointed with the empty seats.

Any fan would be dissapointed to see any empty seats, it must break your heart everytime you attend a match at SMS. However, it was a better attended match than last years Charity Shield and as I know very few 'regulars' who did not go, i'm really pleased that so many families and Kids took the opportunity to swell the ranks. It was a good day, though in honesty it even had the feel of a 'glorified friendly'. It's just a shame so many people I know could not be bothered to go (For whatever reason).

Your right Nick, there were plenty of empty seats. i'd say at a guess about 2-3 thousand in the Pompey end (Just my honest guess)? As for club Wembley (The middle section) I would say that was just over half full. I have mixed feelings as so many fans I know did not go. Now this irritates me because I think they are a bit complacent as to how long it may take to see Pompey at Wembley again. However I was encouraged by the number of families that had gone, loads of kids all flag waving and face painted-up and it was actually a really nice atmosphere, my favourite of the 3 games ive attended at Wembley this last 4 months. The announcer at the stadium said 84,000 summink? which is about 4,000 more than last year. I'll use this as an example of why this thread is no more than a bit of fun. Yes we sold more than Chelsea, however in terms of fanbase, we must have 1/10th of the fanbase of Chelsea. But I will re-iterate I was blown away by the amount of families and kids attending, more good news for the future.
PES I must say you are well balanced and honest in your views.It is refreshing. I have on the other thread said similar to yourself in respect as the fallow years return you may regret not going to Wembley again this past week end..

PES I must say you are well balanced and honest in your views.It is refreshing. I have on the other thread said similar to yourself in respect as the fallow years return you may regret not going to Wembley again this past week end..

Thanks Nick your pretty fair yourself. It will be their loss if we have to wait another 70 years.

in terms of fanbase, we must have 1/10th of the fanbase of Chelsea.

Chelsea aren't anywhere near as well supported as you'd think. Even as recently as the early 1990's they had less fans than we are currently getting. For more evidence of this, look at their Champions League group games where they often have thousands of empty seats.