Cotterill to Forest?

Bad Wolf

Got a feeling they'll let him go, bag some compensation and bring O'Driscoll in for nothing which in all fairness would be a good move for them. A bit like when we "let" Burley take the Scotland job.

Edited by sambosa75
compensation, not commission

I can't decide wether Cotteril is doing a bad job or an OK job in a terrible situation. There is a chance it could really come unstuck if he leaves, it depends on the dressing room.

I think we can trust these russian muppets to pick a complete donkey of a replacement so him leaving has to be good thing. Not many managers will want to risk their CV down there and finding a decent manager is quite a skill if you don't have a pot to p in.

why on gods earth would forest want cotterill

If I remember rightly some posters thought him a suitable candidate for Saints at one time. You cannot judge a man on his track record at pompey, can't be easy getting results of any kind when you've only got about 18 players on the books.

Imagine if we only had 18,we'd be sh*t as well if we got any serious injuries.We've already used 26 players this season

Edited by Window Cleaner

If I remember rightly some posters thought him a suitable candidate for Saints at one time. You cannot judge a man on his track record at pompey, can't be easy getting results of any kind when you've only got about 18 players on the books.

Imagine if we only had 18,we'd be sh*t as well if we got any serious injuries.We've already used 26 players this season

But he only has 18 because he released loads end of season! He then set his targets too high and missed out on lots of targets.....

danny webber was released and went to QPR???

I think he should stay !

Who else could have achieved what he has with a paperthin squad, the authorities picking on Pompey, referees biased against them, unlucky in most games etc, etc...

The guy is an absolute genius but most impressively he never complains or makes excuses !

I will be heartbroken if he leaves !

Euroskate.

I don't know... I can imagine the interview

~~~ wibbly lines fade ~~~

So Mr Cotterill we need a manager who has an endless number of excuses for the teams failure?

I'm your man, or I would be if this managing had not tired me out so much.

did very well with Notts County. Bound to have caught the eye of their near neighbours.

There's an explanation for that though.

I was at Bournemouth when County put that great run together. Throughout the season, Cotterill was at Dean Court watching League Two football for free, and I could see him making notes. I thought at the time that he was ready to step in should Eddie Howe leave in the future. He knew a hell of a lot about the division and that probably came in quite handy with a decent squad at Meadow Lane.

Why would Forest want him? Why would Bristol City want him? It's absurd. His stock must be so incredibly low at the moment.

I suppose he has that accent though.

Cotterill seems to still be thriving on the reputation of a manager who was once considered a good "up and coming manager for the future". That however was about 10 years ago when he left Cheltenham, to achieve bugger all since.

Now he has the "they was skint,only had a small squad,no money " line to mask his limitations. Perhaps he is doing a good job, in desperate situations,but that would not put him on my list.

Got a feeling they'll let him go, bag some compensation and bring O'Driscoll in for nothing which in all fairness would be a good move for them. A bit like when we "let" Burley take the Scotland job.

Agree with the Burley comparison.

Also, O'Driscoll, as soon as he left Doncaster I thought he'd end up at the skates, has an inevitability to it really, back to the south coast to continue the 'pompey-bompey bumfun' relationship they like to share.Would be a good choice for them to,hope Bristol City take him on board first.

There's an explanation for that though.

I was at Bournemouth when County put that great run together. Throughout the season, Cotterill was at Dean Court watching League Two football for free, and I could see him making notes. I thought at the time that he was ready to step in should Eddie Howe leave in the future. He knew a hell of a lot about the division and that probably came in quite handy with a decent squad at Meadow Lane.

I said some weeks ago that Cotterill would gravitate back to his level, at either Bournemouth or Cheltenham.

As for Cotterill attending matches wasn't he a regular at St Mary's at one point ?Just waiting for a call,from Rupert or whoever.In fact there was a rumour that Cotterill had been promised the job at one point. pending a takeover by one group or another.

Cotterill seems to still be thriving on the reputation of a manager who was once considered a good "up and coming manager for the future". That however was about 10 years ago when he left Cheltenham, to achieve bugger all since. Now he has the "they was skint,only had a small squad,no money " line to mask his limitations. Perhaps he is doing a good job, in desperate situations,but that would not put him on my list.

Quite agree Mr. Badger. He has achieved naff all in the grand scheme of things.

I have to say I think he did a good job last season with the fishy few, given what he inherited and where he took them, that's not half bad. They could so easily have been relegated again in the hands of a lesser manager. Other than that? League Two title with an expensively assembled team with a lot of media attention and in only something like 12 games.

I said some weeks ago that Cotterill would gravitate back to his level, at either Bournemouth or Cheltenham.

As for Cotterill attending matches wasn't he a regular at St Mary's at one point ?Just waiting for a call,from Rupert or whoever.In fact there was a rumour that Cotterill had been promised the job at one point. pending a takeover by one group or another.

Yes I remember that, glad it wasn't true to say the least. I swear I once heard that he's a Saints fan too.

Saw him every home game at Dean Court, he was always very shifty and keen to avoid the media. Not sure he paid for his tickets, he always had the same seat near the press and executive seats.

Edited by Crazy Diamond

Quite agree Mr. Badger. He has achieved naff all in the grand scheme of things.

I have to say I think he did a good job last season with the fishy few, given what he inherited and where he took them, that's not half bad. They could so easily have been relegated again in the hands of a lesser manager. Other than that? League Two title with an expensively assembled team with a lot of media attention and in only something like 12 games.

Yes I remember that, glad it wasn't true to say the least. I swear I once heard that he's a Saints fan too.

Saw him every home game at Dean Court, he was always very shifty and keen to avoid the media. Not sure he paid for his tickets, he always had the same seat near the press and executive seats.

If that turns out to be true... :lol:

For the life of me, I can't remember where I heard it. It could well have come out when that rumour that Badger mentioned was doing the rounds, but I definitely remember hearing that somewhere.

Not confusing this with Bradbury are you?

I think he should stay !

Who else could have achieved what he has with a paperthin squad, the authorities picking on Pompey, referees biased against them, unlucky in most games etc, etc...

The guy is an absolute genius but most impressively he never complains or makes excuses !

I will be heartbroken if he leaves !

Euroskate.

:lol:

Very good.

I would be very very disappointed if he left P*mpey, driving home after a pleasant afternoon at SMS would not be the same without the Steve Cotterill post match comedy show on Radio Solent.

That is a good point, as we also share in the enjoyment of Cotterill's post match moan.

After Adkins waxing lyrical ( "magnificent", "superb" "crowd were fantastic", etc) and pure 'positivity' [to use another Adkinsism], it is always good to hear the depressed and desperate excuses from Clot at the other -lower - end of the scale.

I would be very very disappointed if he left P*mpey, driving home after a pleasant afternoon at SMS would not be the same without the Steve Cotterill post match comedy show on Radio Solent.

The question is, if he doesn't get thje job, who will he blame for that?

"Well I thought I stormed the interview in the first half, blew the opposition away, but -- and I know I'll get in trouble for saying this -- the chairman just gave it away for me, with his crazy decisions in the second half. What do I have to do to get a fair job offer?"

26!! That's an extraordinary figure considering our success has supposedly been based on the fact that we have a tight-knit team that's played together for a while and has few new faces.

26!! That's an extraordinary figure considering our success has supposedly been based on the fact that we have a tight-knit team that's played together for a while and has few new faces.
We've played pretty much a whole 2nd XI for league cup games, so that does make sense if you think about it. As much as I hate to say it, the Sktes have done pretty well scraping together a half-decent first 11 and a few not bad results so far this year - unfortunately I reckon they'll win tomorrow night as well.

I echo a few people on here who are disappointed to see him leave. Just hope is replacement is suitably sh*te. Trouble is they're getting about £300,000 or so for him so they can splash out on a successor.

EDIT: I've just read it's going to be Dave Jones. Hmm.

Edited by Crazy Diamond

Cotterill has told Tony Husband that he was very upset to leave his players this morning, and is at this moment travelling up to Forest.

I really don't see what he's so upset about, the way he went on about things down there it was like he hated it. I also can't understand why Forest want him. Dave Jones or Sean O'Driscoll would be a hell of a lot better and they wouldn't require compensation either.

Hate to say it but it could be bad news for us (I can see the fishy few copying and pasting this sentence to their forum already), I really didn't give them a hope in hell this season of beating us, but now the village idiot has gone? Well. If Dave Jones, as favourite, does take over, they could do alright.

hopefully our friend Stuart will step up to the plate with the Russians pocketing the £300,000.

Nope, he's off to Forest as well! If only they did a road equivalent of airmiles, he'd be able to go round the world a few times surely!

We've played pretty much a whole 2nd XI for league cup games, so that does make sense if you think about it. As much as I hate to say it, the Sktes have done pretty well scraping together a half-decent first 11 and a few not bad results so far this year - unfortunately I reckon they'll win tomorrow night as well.

It may be 26 including League Cup, but have a look at the Championship stats:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=1156922#post1156922