Things to do on the Isle of Wight in October

Colinjb

the only thing I could think of doing with my better half on the IOW in October is somewhat prevented by the presence of children.

The IOW is so f**king boring that when we went during the summer, we stayed long enough to have a sandwich. We mainly went for the ferry trip across the Solent.

the only thing I could think of doing with my better half on the IOW in October is somewhat prevented by the presence of children.

The IOW is so f**king boring that when we went during the summer, we stayed long enough to have a sandwich. We mainly went for the ferry trip across the Solent.

Nice to see that your legendary 'positive' outlook extends beyond football !!

See what speed you can get up to on the island's only dual carriageway (iirc); Cowes Road which changes into Newport Road to fool themselves that they have 2 dual carriageways.

Do the IOW equivalent of the 3 peaks challenge, see how long it takes to drive around all 3 prisons.

Ryde sea-front is quite nice at this time of year as the sun goes down and the lights start to twinkle on the distant horizon.

Take a trip on the Island railway, they use old London Underground rolling stock.

Osbourne House is actually very very nice but take the time to walk down to Victoria's Grandkids little playhouse, you will be very impressed and your little girl will want you to build her one to match as soon as you get home. Seriously is impressive, each kid had their very own miniature wheelbarrow and garden tools to use in the garden. Go.

Needles/Alum Bay, Dinosaur Museum, Sandown pier, shanklin sea front, the downs, ryde esplanade, osborne house, carisbrooke castle, amazon world, robin hill, blackgang chine, drive the south west coast, shanklin chine, st catherines point, sandown zoo.

If you can't find something to do, you're not looking hard enough !

(but then again, I'm an islander born and bred so I'll stick up for the place :p )