Possible virus (?) help.

Saint_clark

When logging onto the computer a blank window opens up with the title google EULA, with no cross in the top right and you cannot right click on the toolbar at the bottom. I open up task manager and it is under processes - EULA.exe and EULAloader.exe.

I close them both and the window disappears, but nearly everytime I log on or open up the internet it happens again. It isn't a program according to my computer, so I can't uninstall it in the control panel. Is it a virus or just a download from Google which f*cked up?

Help would be much appreciated as it is f*cking annoying having to open up task manager every time you log on.

When logging onto the computer a blank window opens up with the title google EULA, with no cross in the top right and you cannot right click on the toolbar at the bottom. I open up task manager and it is under processes - EULA.exe and EULAloader.exe.

I close them both and the window disappears, but nearly everytime I log on or open up the internet it happens again. It isn't a program according to my computer, so I can't uninstall it in the control panel. Is it a virus or just a download from Google which f*cked up?

Help would be much appreciated as it is f*cking annoying having to open up task manager every time you log on.

Sounds like a corrupt google app to me. Do you have any google applications installed at all?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

http://processlist.com/info/eula-3.html

What is EULA.exe?

EULA.exe (Eula) is an executable from the software McAfee Eula version 1.0.10 by McAfee. EULA.exe version 1.0.10 has a file size of 102,400 bytes, and is most commonly found under the directory "install_vso_10021_en-us.tmp" with a creation date of November 2, 2005. This is not a known spyware, adware, or trojan executable.

EULA.exe

http://spywarefiles.prevx.com/RRJFGF45217/EULA.EXE.html

Here's a home patch/fix from someone on a forum:

If you don't want to read this, then this is the easy answer: Toolbar EULA: Toolbar EULA

Oh I tried all the things you (the internet at large) told me to do...NOPE! Didn't work.

I tried to shut it down with task manager= didn't show up on task manager

Tried to right click and close it= didn't have that option

For those of you who seem to think there is a 'button' on this page somewhere to close it= there is NOT!

I uninstalled the program= it still gives me the same page after computer boots up

I deleted all temporary files= it did nothing, still came back

I restarted, rebooted, shutdown, did all kind of combinations of the previously mentioned= that did nothing.

Oh get this all you clever people out there, after uninstalling my 'toolbar' as it were there was NO box to 'unclick' in the run/msconfig/tabs that you were talking about also I could find no EULA.EXE (until I got into the Dell/ecenter file)...but I did unclick the windows sidebar, all that = NOTHING!

I went into Dell/ecenter and found the EULA and EULALAUNCHER I clicked on them and indeed these were the culprits of the page! BUT WAIT!!!! The system would not let me delete them!!! so that also= NOTHING!

So guess what? I renamed the applications (because apparently you can do that without any adverse effects or rebelious systems trying to thwart you). I renamed them to crap and crap2! Yes, I renamed both applications just to make sure...SO TAKE THAT! And you know what? I restarted my computer to successfully never seeing that toolbar EULA page again.

That is the easy fix my friends....and now, I bet I could delete them because the system is no longer trying to use them!

Yep, easy to delete now that the system is not trying to use them!