Its getting cold

1976_Child

Just noticed. It is getting cold. Went for a pint down my local this eve and the quarter mile walk was decidedly chilly. Got in pub and was embraced with a loving, warm embrace of heated air. Had me Saints woolly hat atop me head too. Summer is drifting off..to memories.....

I Havenae had time/cash to get me boiler serviced yet. Been three years. Daren't turn the bugger on. Have the oven on full blast, with the door open. Seams to be doing a fair job of keeping the old gaf warm. Probably feking expensive.

I reckon we are in for a terrible cold winter this time. No doubt a few games will be put off.

Just noticed. It is getting cold. Went for a pint down my local this eve and the quarter mile walk was decidedly chilly. Got in pub and was embraced with a loving, warm embrace of heated air. Had me Saints woolly hat atop me head too. Summer is drifting off..to memories.....

I Havenae had time/cash to get me boiler serviced yet. Been three years. Daren't turn the bugger on. Have the oven on full blast, with the door open. Seams to be doing a fair job of keeping the old gaf warm. Probably feking expensive.

I reckon we are in for a terrible cold winter this time. No doubt a few games will be put off.

It will be very cost ineffective and probably even less safe than using your unserviced boiler. I hope you've got a carbon monoxide alarm!

I hope you've got a carbon monoxide alarm!

Perhaps it's an electric oven!!

Also back in the good old days all this boiler servicing just didn't exist, don't remember too many houses exploding or hordes of people being gassed by Carbon Monoxide, we had gas CH when I was a kid, don't remember the boiler being serviced every year though.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Also back in the good old days all this boiler servicing just didn't exist, don't remember too many houses exploding or hordes of people being gassed by Carbon Monoxide, we had gas CH when I was a kid, don't remember the boiler being serviced every year though.

Boilers were lot simpler then. My old one went for 20 years and never went wrong.

I've had the new one for 6 years and, while it's definitely more efficient, it's gone wrong twice and cost me about £250.

Fair point!

You had gas boilers when you were a kid? Blimey. We'd only just done away with gas lighting when I was a kid! (and I'm only exaggerating a bit).

More seriously there always were, and still are, tragedies with CO poisoning and Uncle Ken says everyone should have an alarm.

Fair point!

You had gas boilers when you were a kid? Blimey. We'd only just done away with gas lighting when I was a kid! (and I'm only exaggerating a bit).

More seriously there always were, and still are, tragedies with CO poisoning and Uncle Ken says everyone should have an alarm.

I don't remember any CO tragedies though, mind you people opened doors and windows in those days,kids played outside 11 hours a day on week-ends and 3 or 4 hours on schoool days.Also there were natural draughts due to less than efficient construction work, they weren't looking to save tuppence here there and everywhere, global warming hadn't been invented and you didn't fear an ultra slim serial killer or a passing python sliding into your house through an open air vent.