Big Cat Kill ?

Dog

Whilst out walking on sunday morning with my son, we came across a large black cat sat looking at a large cow just feet away on the edge of the woods.

The cow was sat on the dirt track in a field and didn't seem concerned. It was really quite scary and l led my son away walking backwards to keep an eye on the animal!

It didnt move but we did!

After a good hour walk through the woods going the opposite way to the cat, I decided to go and have another look, but the animal had gone.

What I found was quite worrying, the exact place where the cat was resting was a pile of bones which I presume had been regurgitated.

After close inspection I noticed body parts of what looked like deer fur, a muntjac backbone, badger jawbone & a front leg of an adult fox.

foxdeer.jpg

We did manage to get a bad picture of the cat when we were walking back to the car, but it was along way and so the quality of the picture isn't great.

bigcat231011.jpg

The whole experience was quite scary and made the hairs on my neck stand up.

Whilst out walking on sunday morning with my son, we came across a large black cat sat looking at a large cow just feet away on the edge of the woods.

The cow was sat on the dirt track in a field and didn't seem concerned. It was really quite scary and l led my son away walking backwards to keep an eye on the animal!

It didnt move but we did!

After a good hour walk through the woods going the opposite way to the cat, I decided to go and have another look, but the animal had gone.

What I found was quite worrying, the exact place where the cat was resting was a pile of bones which I presume had been regurgitated.

After close inspection I noticed body parts of what looked like deer fur, a muntjac backbone, badger jawbone & a front leg of an adult fox.

foxdeer.jpg

We did manage to get a bad picture of the cat when we were walking back to the car, but it was along way and so the quality of the picture isn't great.

bigcat231011.jpg

The whole experience was quite scary and made the hairs on my neck stand up.

Scary where were you?

Ironically I was driving west ward along the M27 yesterday.

Just before the Rownhams services my youngest boy remarked, without any form of prompting, that he had seen what he thought to be a large black cat prowling around in the nearby fields back in August.

I wonder if Dog's original siting was in the same location?

My Gran lives up in the Perthshire hills in Scotland, and there is an escaped black cat living in the surrounding countryside near her. It walked past her house the other week while she was brushing her teeth in the morning. It's been identified as a Puma, due to general size and tail length. She found a half-eaten, mauled deer carcass about 100m away from her driveway earlier on in the year as well. Scary really!