Why I love the BBC

bridge too far

Very nice thank you mate. How are you sir? Where is Verbal? I haven't seen him on here for ages. Has he finally had a breakdown?

I am good thankyou. It's been rather dull on here since you've been away. Had a funny spell baiting Jamie but then Saint Clark deleted it just as it was making me chuckle. As for Verbal I am very concerned. I hope he's ok and hasn't been taken hostage or something on trip to Pakistan.

I am good thankyou. It's been rather dull on here since you've been away. Had a funny spell baiting Jamie but then Saint Clark deleted it just as it was making me chuckle. As for Verbal I am very concerned. I hope he's ok and hasn't been taken hostage or something on trip to Pakistan.

I am sure he will be okay, they will certainly have bitten off more than they can chew. If he gets into any tight spots he can baffle his kidnappers into submission with his encyclopedic knowledge of everything. They'll be trying to get their government to negotiate their release from him.

Glad you are well Sir. Jamie needs to make an appearance soon to keep up his record of one post every 22 seconds.

Clever fu ckers those orcas.

When they popped up in that iced hole with the cameraman dangling his camera in, it was like that scene from Jaws when they were shovelling guts off the back and the plastic shark popped up!!!!!

Absolutely quality piece of filming and I always like the piece at the end when they go behind the camera to show how they got the shots.

When they popped up in that iced hole with the cameraman dangling his camera in, it was like that scene from Jaws when they were shovelling guts off the back and the plastic shark popped up!!!!!

Absolutely quality piece of filming and I always like the piece at the end when they go behind the camera to show how they got the shots.

As close as I will get to the series un til it comes out on some dodgy DVD that somebody tries to sell me) was this article today...

Which really made me want to watch the damned thing.

The title got me "I thought I'd killed David Attenborough"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8848917/I-thought-Id-killed-David-Attenborough.html

(And no IPlayer doesn't work here unless we go through hoops & run things that make our innernet slower than a piece of string & a tin can

Spot on. The 'how its done bit is very interesting.

Good ol beeb. I had a call earlier today from the lovely Maddie from Question Time. She wanted me on tomorrow night from winchetser. Had to decline as (once again) I am required to work from 07:30 til 17:30 to cover unfilled vacancies and sick leave, last arrivals 18:30. I told her I was leaving SS soon which she already knew as I had mentioned it in my application.

True story, I got her direct line number...she really wants me, deffo.

Hey Mikey..hamster 1 - student waiter boy 0

As close as I will get to the series un til it comes out on some dodgy DVD that somebody tries to sell me) was this article today...

Which really made me want to watch the damned thing.

The title got me "I thought I'd killed David Attenborough"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8848917/I-thought-Id-killed-David-Attenborough.html

(And no IPlayer doesn't work here unless we go through hoops & run things that make our innernet slower than a piece of string & a tin can

thebox.bz should have it available for a free* download as it's the first episode.

*As opposed to using up upload credits (which are easy to 'win' on the website competitions anyway)

I am sure he will be okay, they will certainly have bitten off more than they can chew. If he gets into any tight spots he can baffle his kidnappers into submission with his encyclopedic knowledge of everything. They'll be trying to get their government to negotiate their release from him.

Glad you are well Sir. Jamie needs to make an appearance soon to keep up his record of one post every 22 seconds.

Back to yet more of the petty sniping. Didn't take long.

Those whales catching that seal was the dogs ******.

The look on the seal face as it was dragged from the ice was a picture. It looked so dejected & resigned to its fate.

There were a couple of lol moments, like the sealion & the penguin chase & the young bison being accidentally charged by the fleeing adult, he took a hell of a wallop.

The BBCs widlife and natural world documentaries are in a class of their own. They are the best in the world by a long, long, way.

The live sports coverage is also the best I have ever come across in terms of camera direction.

The costume drama is also without peer, though I think too high a percentage of the licence fee revenue is spent on this.

What lets the side down at the BBC is its god-awful, biased, dumbed-down news departments, TV and radio.

What many people don't realise about the BBC is the way they have held our commercial channels in check, especially in terms of commercial break length. Anyone who has attempted to watch a show on an American network channel will know exactly what I mean.

Good ol beeb. I had a call earlier today from the lovely Maddie from Question Time. She wanted me on tomorrow night from winchetser. Had to decline as (once again) I am required to work from 07:30 til 17:30 to cover unfilled vacancies and sick leave, last arrivals 18:30. I told her I was leaving SS soon which she already knew as I had mentioned it in my application.

I've got the direct line for somebody at Full House who organises the audiences for QT, so there! Tonight's show is full apparently, shame really.

The BBCs widlife and natural world documentaries are in a class of their own. They are the best in the world by a long, long, way.

The live sports coverage is also the best I have ever come across in terms of camera direction.

The costume drama is also without peer, though I think too high a percentage of the licence fee revenue is spent on this.

What lets the side down at the BBC is its god-awful, biased, dumbed-down news departments, TV and radio.

You like the incessant verbiage of the commentators then, but it's nice to know the cameras pointing in the right direction and the umpteen replays from every direction except the g/keepers a---

Solent's 'team' are just about the pits, especially Taylor. Been here to long and no wonder they shipped in Harry Gration a few years back to get their act together but it's gone back to it's old ways again. ITV. ! OK, if you live in Maidstone or Newbury

Here's an idea.....

Those of you who think the BBC is good value for money, who would pay to watch all these programmes you're loving, pay a subscription to the BBC. The rest of us can make our minds up whether we want to pay it or not. We could abolish this TV poll tax, and I'd then have a choice on where I spend the £145.50 I am presently forced (with the threat of jail) to cough up for hours and hours of rubbish.

Here's an idea.....

Those of you who think the BBC is good value for money, who would pay to watch all these programmes you're loving, pay a subscription to the BBC. The rest of us can make our minds up whether we want to pay it or not. We could abolish this TV poll tax, and I'd then have a choice on where I spend the £145.50 I am presently forced (with the threat of jail) to cough up for hours and hours of rubbish.

I think £145.50 per year to avoid doing bird is excellent value. The quality programming at the BBC is an added bonus.

Here's an idea.....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Here's an idea.....

It will never happen, so best to forget about it.

I want income tax to be abolished, but you don't always get what you want in life.

Anyone who complains about the BBC has clearly not lived abroad. There is nothing to compare to it and it is looked up to around the world. Living abroad I use the BBC for news, sport and also in my job I regularly use BBC resources which are usually of a far higher standard than all of the alternatives. I listen to a lot of podcasts too and many of the best of those come from the BBC. ITV is generally ****ing awful and I would hate that to be the benchmark.

Of course it's got its faults, but there's none better and it would be a huge loss.

Hmmm

Hammo check your password prtection & anti hacking tools and FFS don't leave the forum on your PC while you fetch a beer from the fridge.

If Mrs H learns there are women out there who want you your entire world could change....

(as in check browsining history for Anne Summers Online etc)

Here's an idea.....

Not a good idea, all the tight wads like you wouldn't chip in and we would end up watching a load of sh!te with adverts every 5mins.

David Attenbourgh's latest show is stunning, I fail to see how anyone could watch that and say it's a waste of money.

The BBC website is also probably the best thing on the web.

Not a good idea, all the tight wads like you wouldn't chip in and we would end up watching a load of sh!te with adverts every 5mins.

David Attenbourgh's latest show is stunning, I fail to see how anyone could watch that and say it's a waste of money.

The BBC website is also probably the best thing on the web.

Although....

let's say there must be several miilion Brits who have (for one reason or another left the UK

We have access to Satellite systems.

So why can we NOT pay a subscription and get access to normal daily Beeb shows?

OK so Beeb Enterprises do actually sell their shows for real money (eg we FINALLY get to watch Top Gear here now Prime Time at Weekends) but we'd have that anyway.

BBC World & BBC Entertainment are fine if you like Doctors, Weakest Link & Come Dine With Me, but they AREN'T the Beeb. That wouldn't affect the UK Beeb Charter

I use satellite and get access to all BBC shows, I don't pay anything, but would if it became necessary. When I lived in Britain I always paid the license fee happily even when living in situations where I probably could have escaped it. The channels they sell, like BBC prime are hopeless and full of repeats. But if you're within range of the satellite you can just use a British box.

Here's an idea.....

As long as I can opt out of paying the proportion of the price of goods that is spent on the advertising that funds ITV. (I think that we've had this argument before).

I use satellite and get access to all BBC shows, I don't pay anything, but would if it became necessary. When I lived in Britain I always paid the license fee happily even when living in situations where I probably could have escaped it. The channels they sell, like BBC prime are hopeless and full of repeats. But if you're within range of the satellite you can just use a British box.

If Only....

• 2 weeks later...