Chelsea Fined 20000 quid.

ericofarabia

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/10/28/SOCCER_Chelsea_Snap.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165

What is the point ... 20000 wouldn't pay for either Drogba or Terry to be on the pitch for much more than 15 mins each (both pictured harassing the ref)

Presumably their is a fixed fine and for the incident, but come on, in this day and age where clubs like Chelski/Moan Ure have loads of players on 100000 plus per week, fines of 20000 to them is not exactly much of a detterent really is it!!!

Maybe time to have means tested fines for incidents and clubs like this - even if that meant the FL paying Skatesmuff money each time they had an incident LOL

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/10/28/SOCCER_Chelsea_Snap.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165

What is the point ... 20000 wouldn't pay for either Drogba or Terry to be on the pitch for much more than 15 mins each (both pictured harassing the ref)

Presumably their is a fixed fine and for the incident, but come on, in this day and age where clubs like Chelski/Moan Ure have loads of players on 100000 plus per week, fines of 20000 to them is not exactly much of a detterent really is it!!!

Maybe time to have means tested fines for incidents and clubs like this - even if that meant the FL paying Skatesmuff money each time they had an incident LOL

I bet Chelsea fined their players more for the red cards than the FA fined them for failing to control said players.

A player getting a straight red usually gets somewhere between half a weeks and a weeks pay,less for 2 yellows=1 red.

So if they fined Boswinga and Drogba half a week each they'd have netted about 100K I guess.So they're quids in, especially as i don't doubt they took at least 100K off of Torres for his straight red a few weeks back as well.If a player gets a second red in a season the clubs usually come down pretty hard on him,clubs are sometimes pretty shîtty with players over discipline. Didn't we fine AOC 2 weeks for talking to the press out of turn?

I bet Chelsea fined their players more for the red cards than the FA fined them for failing to control said players.

A player getting a straight red usually gets somewhere between half a weeks and a weeks pay,less for 2 yellows=1 red.

So if they fined Boswinga and Drogba half a week each they'd have netted about 100K I guess.So they're quids in, especially as i don't doubt they took at least 100K off of Torres for his straight red a few weeks back as well.If a player gets a second red in a season the clubs usually come down pretty hard on him,clubs are sometimes pretty shîtty with players over discipline. Didn't we fine AOC 2 weeks for talking to the press out of turn?

Blimey, so thats why he moved!! It wasnt just the money after all! ;)