Hands up...... whose been upsetting brighton fans again?

doddisalegend

Poor lambs. I feel their pain.

On the upside, articles like this will certainly help to alleviate the chanting. I for one will consider their feelings at SMS this season before asking whether their boyfriends know theyre here, etc....

if all it is is the usual "Does your boyfriend know you're here" and "we can see you holding hands" then they should just grow up. It is banter, and I would humbly suggest not homophobic. Homophobia is the fear of gays; a more modern description is hatred of gays and the gay life-style.

If the Albion fans are getting real nasty verbal hatred thrown at them, then fair enough. Not right. But what exactly in "Does your boyfriend know you're here" and "we can see you holding hands" is so nasty that it could be classified as hatred of gays? It is hardly in the same league as making monkey sounds when a black player gets the ball and chucking bananas at him.

I would imagine they are just bored with the normal, predictable crap that gets chanted at them. I always found their comeback of "You're too ugly to be gay" quite a bit funnier anyway.

This. I always cringe when those oh-so hilarious and oh-so original chaps in the Northam start up with the "does your boyfriend know you're here" chants. It's like when Saints fans get "small town in Portsmouth" directed at us; not funny, not original, just sh*t.