3 network

SO16_Saint

My Auntie had terrible problems getting issues solved when she went with them. I imagine they would be OK until you encounter an issue and need it sorted. Indian call centres are incredibly frustrating.

This is my personal experience from a few years back.......phone broke, sent back, nothing, phoned, they had no record.....went on and on....., sent me new phone. took about a month tho

Sim free is surely the way to go now. Just go on a monthly rolling contract with whoever you want and jump ship as necessary.

Thats what I'll be doing come January when my contract ends, but the Mrs' wants a Samsung Galaxy SII and 3 have the best deal - no up front cost for the phone and £26 per month.

Im happy with my iphone and £10 PAYG

My Auntie had terrible problems getting issues solved when she went with them. I imagine they would be OK until you encounter an issue and need it sorted. Indian call centres are incredibly frustrating.

THis. I ended up going to OFCOM to get issues sorted, due to indian call centre staff basically lying to me, got sorted in the end, but was very close to court.

Been with 3 since 2007 and signal coverage much improved in that time; have some good deals and offer truly unlimited data if you're a heavy smartphone user. As others have said though, customer service (outside of their shops) is appalling!

If you can afford to shell out for s sim-free phone (I couldn't :( ) I would do that and get a giffgaff or similar monthly deal.

Only ever heard bad things. Apparently their customer service is the worst

Its the same with 3 here in Austria.

My wife went with 3 because we live in a bit of a reception black hole and they seemed to be better round here. But everytime she texted her friends in the UK, she got error messages. She can make phone calls though !!

She contacted their customer service who said "That's right, there are 2 countries in the world where we have no understanding about relaying SMSes from Austria, one is Columbia and the other is the UK. Maybe one day we will come to an understanding". My wife pointed out that 3 has a network in the UK, and the customer service said it made no difference, they would need an agreement between the two networks.

Bizarre.

Its the same with 3 here in Austria.

My wife went with 3 because we live in a bit of a reception black hole and they seemed to be better round here. But everytime she texted her friends in the UK, she got error messages. She can make phone calls though !!

She contacted their customer service who said "That's right, there are 2 countries in the world where we have no understanding about relaying SMSes from Austria, one is Columbia and the other is the UK. Maybe one day we will come to an understanding". My wife pointed out that 3 has a network in the UK, and the customer service said it made no difference, they would need an agreement between the two networks.

Bizarre.

So your wife, or anyone in Austria, can send a text to someone in Nicaragua or Mozambique or some other third world country, like Greece, but not to the UK?

Strange.

Mental note - never go to Austria

So your wife, or anyone in Austria, can send a text to someone in Nicaragua or Mozambique or some other third world country, like Greece, but not to the UK?

Strange.

Yeah, we are both still having trouble grasping this too.

She is so gone as a 3 customer when the minimum contract period is up.