Cod mw3

saint_stevo

I managed to get my copy this morning so have had a few hours in the campaign. Tried to play the multi-player but it wouldn't let me as kept saying "couldn't connect to servers". Maybe they don't go live until midnight or something?

Based on the campaign though i thought it was pretty meh so far. The guns all sound the same and the graphics now look a bit dated when compared to uncharted 3, batman and battlefield 3 etc.

MW2 was my least fav in the COD series so was hoping for a big improvement but to be honest it seems the worse of the bunch to me (again based on the campaign).

It just seems really repetative, i.e "here is a guy walking, he has not seen you yet, kill him". "here is another guy who has not seen you, kill him". "feck these guys have now seen you, shoot them!" Then magically as you get further in the next batch of guards didn't hear the gun fire or grenades going off so have no clue they are under attack. Stuff like that just makes it look really lazy.

Granted it is a whole new bunch of guys working on it after everyone left IW but still it could of had a few of the basics done a bit better.

But to be fair i don't think many of us fps fans play these games for the stories and campaign these days. We are bombarded with fps games so naturally the multi-player will be where it is at. But it just seems a step backwards from MW2 thus far. Even the menu's seem a bit **** compared to MW1. It is a shame though as COD:BO is/was my fav in the series. You would of thought they could of looked at how Treyarch had gone about it and make the game a bit more interactive in certain areas. To make it not seem so lineer.

For those of you wanting it on pc can get it from here for £26.65 (which will be used on steam) and get a free copy of MW1 not bad http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/modern-warefare-3-pc-gamesplanet-com-26-65-1054370

I managed to get my copy this morning so have had a few hours in the campaign. Tried to play the multi-player but it wouldn't let me as kept saying "couldn't connect to servers". Maybe they don't go live until midnight or something?

Based on the campaign though i thought it was pretty meh so far. The guns all sound the same and the graphics now look a bit dated when compared to uncharted 3, batman and battlefield 3 etc.

MW2 was my least fav in the COD series so was hoping for a big improvement but to be honest it seems the worse of the bunch to me (again based on the campaign).

It just seems really repetative, i.e "here is a guy walking, he has not seen you yet, kill him". "here is another guy who has not seen you, kill him". "feck these guys have now seen you, shoot them!" Then magically as you get further in the next batch of guards didn't hear the gun fire or grenades going off so have no clue they are under attack. Stuff like that just makes it look really lazy.

Granted it is a whole new bunch of guys working on it after everyone left IW but still it could of had a few of the basics done a bit better.

But to be fair i don't think many of us fps fans play these games for the stories and campaign these days. We are bombarded with fps games so naturally the multi-player will be where it is at. But it just seems a step backwards from MW2 thus far. Even the menu's seem a bit **** compared to MW1. It is a shame though as COD:BO is/was my fav in the series. You would of thought they could of looked at how Treyarch had gone about it and make the game a bit more interactive in certain areas. To make it not seem so lineer.

For those of you wanting it on pc can get it from here for £26.65 (which will be used on steam) and get a free copy of MW1 not bad http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/modern-warefare-3-pc-gamesplanet-com-26-65-1054370

I'm not sure why you can't get online. I've watched a few gameplay clips on youtube that have been uploaded today, I don't have it so I'm not sure how they got online.

So far people reactions have been the same, Looks and plays like MW2. I'm not too impressed either from what I've seen. I might just rent this and wait until Treyarch release the next one. Don't think I can take a year of quickscoping and trickshots. Let us know what you think of the online when you get on it.

I'm not sure why you can't get online. I've watched a few gameplay clips on youtube that have been uploaded today, I don't have it so I'm not sure how they got online.

So far people reactions have been the same, Looks and plays like MW2. I'm not too impressed either from what I've seen. I might just rent this and wait until Treyarch release the next one. Don't think I can take a year of quickscoping and trickshots. Let us know what you think of the online when you get on it.

Reason i couldn't get on was because i had de-activated pnp on my router or something like that......don't even know how i did that but ah well at least it works now! That is the great thing about the internet, your always find someone else with the same problem who finds a way to fix it!

Anyhow Multi-player is actually a bit better then MW2 i have found. There are some cool elements to it. Like for example if you kill someone you have to collect their dog tags. This gives you points which you now use to get the old kill streak attacks i.e chopper attack and so on. It means snipers have to get off their ass and go collect the tags or they get no points!

However i do still think the game is just a death grindhouse. There is no real skill/teamwork to it. You all just go around and around and around. This is where BF3 destroys it. There are reasons for taking over certain areas of the map. In MW3 it is the same as the other cod's were it just seems about the deaths and the xp. You could do it asleep.

The other thing that ****es me off is that they have now taken out the nuke and put in a new perk....."The mother of all bombs". Basically what this does is kill everyone in the opposing team no matter where they are. Thankfully it is pretty difficult to get.

All in all i think i still prefer black ops. I just think this is just the annual cod game and it is starting to look very stale, a cash in game rather then making any real progress for the franchise. The campaign was dreadful and the multi-player is slightly better then MW2 but worse then BO's. I think the 9 score reviews it has got is a fine example of how the current review system is wrong as so many sites nowdays give games high scores based on hype or what the company has done for them. Thankfully Eurogamer and Gamespot didn't follow suit and gave it a fair review. It isn't ground breaking, it doesn't take the series in a new direction, it is still very repetative and and is deffinatly the worst of the 3.

Rented it today, and thank god I did. There is something about MW3(& MW2) that I don't like. Maybe its too fast paced, but it feels a lot different to the way Black Ops does.

As soon as I turned the game on I thought I was playing MW2. The layout is the same, not that its bothers me. But considering they haven't change much at all disappoints me. The graphics, gameplay, sound ect seems the same to me. I'm getting sick of playing the same multiplayer over and over. This game would have been good 2 years ago. If I had have bought the game, I would have felt robbed.

I picked up BF3 last week, which is my first BF game. For me its a better game. It requires teamwork and isn't just run, shoot, run, shoot. I think CoD need to innovate and take a big step with the franchise. Otherwise I won't be going back to it. I'm certain MW3 will outsell BF3 this year, but it'll be interesting to see next time around.

Got it yesterday. It's definitely a step up from MW3 in my opinion. The addition of Survival mode is great fun if you've got a few mates round. The online stuff is much the same, but to be honest people love it so much that why would great changes need to be made? I'm enjoying this year's maps a lot more than the MW2 ones at the moment (maybe its because they're new). Haven't tried the campaign much yet, but I don't really buy it for that - I buy it for the online and the offline multiplayer.

Got it yesterday. It's definitely a step up from MW3 in my opinion. The addition of Survival mode is great fun if you've got a few mates round. The online stuff is much the same, but to be honest people love it so much that why would great changes need to be made? I'm enjoying this year's maps a lot more than the MW2 ones at the moment (maybe its because they're new). Haven't tried the campaign much yet, but I don't really buy it for that - I buy it for the online and the offline multiplayer.

But if you recycle stuff people are going to get bored of it, its getting repetitive now. From CoD4 to Black Ops at least they managed to keep things different, each game added something new.

I played online for 3 hours yesterday and I got bored. I felt like I was going through the same crap again and it doesn't justify another stack of hours prestiging.

BF3 kicks its arse all over the shop. The MW3 disc spent about 90 minutes in my Xbox before BF3 was put back in. So 90 minutes online vs nearly 48 hrs and still the novelty wore off that quickly.

I shall be trading it in at the weekend.

They are two different games though and i can see how people could enjoy either. I actually really liked Black Ops. Still play it now. But the online is just so pointless when you think about it. The maps are so tiny and basically circular that you just go round and round doing the same-thing. The fact you don't have a starting base or somewhere to defend makes it no different from say Unreal Tournament. Kill or be killed. No skill to it at all as no matter what you do or how good you are your be dead every 5 mins or so.

BF3 is about realism, about immersion. Seeing people get blown up, crying out for medical aid, running out of ammo and so on makes you realise that you have one life and you should protect it. You won't get far without your team-mates. Being in a tank doesn't mean you invincible and an attack chopper is not so great against a jet fighter. There is a sense of a food chain, you know your strengths and you know your weaknesses. This makes it un-predictable. Running and gunning is predictable, your die in the same way countless times over and over. The matches will be the same over and over.

For me personally i prefer realism. That is why i love games like Football Manager and Fifa. Simulation suits my game-style better then arcade. But as i say you can see why people like either of them. It is all down to personal play styles. MW3 though is more of an add-on then a new game. Look at the leap from BF2 to BF3 in regards to graphics, sound, gameplay and so on. It is huge. There is no jump from MW2 to MW3 at all. I think even the biggest COD fan can at least agree with that.

I agree to an extent about the repetitiveness of MW3, and can see why BF will steal a few fans this time round. However, i'm still a massive fan of Modern Warfare, and will definitely stick to it for this year at least. There does seem something missing, not sure quite what it is though to be honest. Not sure what they need to change to improve it, but something definitely needs to be done for next year. Not a fan of the survival mode, gets a bit boring after a while and once i'd reached level 19 I just ran into the open at starting shooting beacuse it was just too tedious - nowhere near as good as zombies. Not a fan of the maps either - Hardhat and Outpost are my favourites but the rest aren't great.

Overall though, love playing it and would still recommend it. I'd give it 8/10, Just need's somthing different next year. Bring back the nuke!

• 1 month later...

With the killstreaks, if you end a match with a number of kills does this Telly count with the kills you get at the start of the next match - before your first death. I finished a game with 11 kills and proceeded to get another 8 before my first death however it has only counted the 11.