BBC News - What A Joke.

1976_Child

I am beside myself with red-boiling-rage.

Just turned on the BBC 10 o'clock news. This is the order of headlines:

First: Some American doctor who was something to do with some dead American singer is guilty of something.

Second: Home Secretary in Parliament telling the house that the "blunders" which have let in 'untold numbers' of illegal immigrants is 'regrettable' but the total amount of illegals will 'never be known'

Third: Italy's Prime Minister is 'on the verge of going' because Italy's debt mountain has become unsustainable.

I ask you, as fellow license fee payers, which of these news items would you think is the most relevant/important to Britain?

****ing BBC. Get a grip.

I am beside myself with red-boiling-rage.

Just turned on the BBC 10 o'clock news. This is the order of headlines:

First: Some American doctor who was something to do with some dead American singer is guilty of something.

Second: Home Secretary in Parliament telling the house that the "blunders" which have let in 'untold numbers' of illegal immigrants is 'regrettable' but the total amount of illegals will 'never be known'

Third: Italy's Prime Minister is 'on the verge of going' because Italy's debt mountain has become unsustainable.

I ask you, as fellow license fee payers, which of these news items would you think is the most relevant/important to Britain?

****ing BBC. Get a grip.

Its a showbiz thing. Way to go, Conrad Murray!! GWF

I think in future anyone using a phrase such as 'waste of my license fee' should be forced to pay double.

If you like everything the BBC does, you're a tool. If you like nothing it does, you're a tool. If you're somewhere between, it was probably worth the license fee.

rubbish.

I couldn't give a **** about most of the crap the BBC produces. And you won't hear me complain about it either. I fully understand that the corporation must cater to all tastes. No doubt the chavs who pay their license fee just to watch Eastenders and some **** about Essex girls won't watch Countryfile and Antiques Roadshow. Both of which I adore.

But the flagship news broadcast - which is still to this day obligatory for the BBC to air - should inform the British people of the most important current events of the day which will impact their lives. There is absolutely no way that this doctor chappy in America's court case has any baring whatsoever on the lives and livelihood of the British people. Frankly, it has nothing to do with the lives and livelihood of the American people either. To have it as the lead item on the BBC 10 o'clock news ahead of a complete and utter cock-up by the government to protect our borders and stop illegal immigrants is woefully bad. So bad that it really does constitute a waste of license fee payers money.

It was soap-opera news broadcast at its very worst.

rubbish.

I couldn't give a **** about most of the crap the BBC produces. And you won't hear me complain about it either. I fully understand that the corporation must cater to all tastes. No doubt the chavs who pay their license fee just to watch Eastenders and some **** about Essex girls won't watch Countryfile and Antiques Roadshow. Both of which I adore.

But the flagship news broadcast - which is still to this day obligatory for the BBC to air - should inform the British people of the most important current events of the day which will impact their lives. There is absolutely no way that this doctor chappy in America's court case has any baring whatsoever on the lives and livelihood of the British people. Frankly, it has nothing to do with the lives and livelihood of the American people either. To have it as the lead item on the BBC 10 o'clock news ahead of a complete and utter cock-up by the government to protect our borders and stop illegal immigrants is woefully bad. So bad that it really does constitute a waste of license fee payers money.

It was soap-opera news broadcast at its very worst.

What did the BBC say when you contacted them to complain?

To chuck a bit of balance in here, Newsnight led with the story about News International using private investigators to discredit the lawyers of phone hacking victims, and they also devoted a lot of time to Berlusconi. If you're seriously interested in the news, Newsnight is better than the 10 o clock news four days a week.

Channel freezes over, Rest of the World cut off shocker!

But if the Channel froze over we'd be able to walk to France. I imagine somewhere in the depths of your mind you are half-remembering the famous newspaper headline, supposedly from The Times in the 1920's ---

"Storms in Channel. Continent cut off."

1976_child

I totally agree BBC news is utter crap. and those Buffoons on the breakfast show make me want to vomit. Daybreak is equally ****e. Still I like the channel4 news at 7pm

Me too. So listen to The Today Programme on Radio 4 instead. I'd pay the licence fee just for Radio 4 and 4 Extra. (Please note English spelling of' licence' as a noun, Adriansfc. These things matter to us Radio 4 listeners!)

1976_child

So stop watching BBC news then - its been crap for years - once (and I mean 20 years ago) it was impartial. Now its just an attention grabbing lefty pile of crap propaganda.

Motto : Believe half of what you read and none of what you hear. Life's great being a cynic.

1976_child

I totally agree BBC news is utter crap. and those Buffoons on the breakfast show make me want to vomit. Daybreak is equally ****e. Still I like the channel4 news at 7pm

BBC six-o-clock News is best especially with George Alligator running a story for the first fifteen minutes then reminding us of their 'Top story, tonight' just in case our attention span is shorter than fourteen minutes. Oh and not forgetting a casual reminder of 'Our Top story' again, at 6:27 before joining our programmes where you are.

Hello, I'm Sally Taylor, welcome to South Today and another 30 minutes of irrelevance. from so-called reporters who, if they were any good would have left years ago.

And netball, rounders and Skate psychophancy. Dont you just love the Sports News

I was listening to 5live's Football League Extra last night and they had just started speaking to Jason Euell about Charlton, when they cut him off to go live to the courtroom, for the verdict. They then interviewed correspondant and fans outside the court. Then the news. Which was......

That was it for the Football League.

Piffle! You should be grateful of a news service that informs you of what goes on around the world...maybe there was not much home grown newsworthiness tonight??

I have to put up with the likes of CNN (or FOX...yeah right) which is more often a tabloid entertainment show passing as 'hard hitting' news. And most of which entirely centered on domestic goings on. Godamnit.

Actually, the quality and error frequency of BBC online has gotten fairly ****ty recently.