Ed Balls and his rat bag wife

dune

May reminds me of Rebekah Brooks at NI. Happy to accept the resignations of those under her but when she is found to be equally to blame tries as hard as possible to stay on rather than do the right thing. Unfortunately unlike Brooks May is not going to be given 1.7 million for leaving.

Why?

(for the record, I'm not a fan of May either, but I like to make my judgements on fact rather than media tittle-tattle)

That's a laudable sentiment, but we've been here already. If she turns out to be blameless, fair play. Still, I would expect a slow trickle of media tittle-tattle (as you put it) which increasingly proves that she knew full well what was going on.

And there's also a case to make that whether she ordered it or not, she's accountable for it regardless. Big job equals big responsibility, not big excuses.

Did you know that Balls and his wife both claim the full living allowances even though they share the same pad.

No I didn't, but i'm sure the Liberal Elite don't mind that, as sponging is fine when it's their own comrades doing it.

No I didn't, but i'm sure the Liberal Elite don't mind that, as sponging is fine when it's their own comrades doing it.

Which one of these is the odd one out?

The Liberal Elite

Father Christmas

The Tooth Fairy

The answer is the liberal elite. The others don't exist but some children still believe in them where as the Liberal Elite is the figment of the imagination of some 'adults'.

The Liberal Elite

Father Christmas

The Tooth Fairy

Never trust a man who tells you what to do or what to think.Never seen Father Xmas or the Tooth Fairy but have come into contact with plenty of Liberal Elitists who are very good at spending my taxes on their Uhtopian dreams whilst earning 50k+ a year, they truly are the scourge of the working classes.

The Liberal Elite

Father Christmas

The Tooth Fairy

Never trust a man who tells you what to do or what to think.Never seen Father Xmas or the Tooth Fairy but have come into contact with plenty of Liberal Elitists who are very good at spending my taxes on their Uhtopian dreams whilst earning 50k+ a year, they truly are the scourge of the working classes.

errr so who exactly is that? can you spare us some examples? anyone on here? sounds like a b0ll0cks phrase used by idiots to me.

Whatever happened to the Popular Front?

I believe they reappear in the upcoming film "The Life of Gideon" where an economically hopeless man is mistaken by a political party for a financial messiah which leads to typical comic disasters.

I've always thought that Yvette Cooper might scrub up alright, given the right stylist, personal trainer and choice of decent clobber. Reckon she could be quite a honey if the conditions were right. I mean, she's not in the same class as Clegg's missus, but she could make a decent 4-pinter on a night out.

I've always thought that Yvette Cooper might scrub up alright, given the right stylist, personal trainer and choice of decent clobber. Reckon she could be quite a honey if the conditions were right. I mean, she's not in the same class as Clegg's missus, but she could make a decent 4-pinter on a night out.

Says a lot about your interest in politics if you judge (female) politicians on appearance alone. Fortunately, such criteria do not apply to male MPs.

Says a lot about your interest in politics if you judge (female) politicians on appearance alone. Fortunately, such criteria do not apply to male MPs.

I am quite prepared to judge Cameron and Osbourne by appearance. They both look like prats.

I am quite prepared to judge Cameron and Osbourne by appearance. They both look like prats.

Yep - but the difference is that they ARE prats!

Yvette Cooper strikes me as a very confident and competent Shadow Secretary and would, I suggest, be in the running for leader of the opposition / government should Ed step down.

Yvette Cooper strikes me as a very confident and competent Shadow Secretary and would, I suggest, be in the running for leader of the opposition / government when Ed steps down at gunpoint.

Edited it for you, that was clearly a typo.

Sitting next to each other nodding their heads in unison.:rolleyes:

God she is annoying and then you add in that lisping nerd sat on her other side. What a motley crew of mutants the Labour party are.

Funny how the Right always resort to insults when they are losing the argument. Meanwhile the country is going down the pan.

Yvette Cooper strikes me as a very confident and competent Shadow Secretary and would, I suggest, be in the running for leader of the opposition / government should Ed step down.

Who would you like to see as Labour leader?

Until recently, I would not have had a clue out of the current crop. I happen to agree with you that Cooper could be a decent leader, but Andy "Max Factor" Burnham impressed me hugely during the recent Hillsborough debate.

Who would you like to see as Labour leader?

Until recently, I would not have had a clue out of the current crop. I happen to agree with you that Cooper could be a decent leader, but Andy "Max Factor" Burnham impressed me hugely during the recent Hillsborough debate.

I don't know for sure. Do I go for the 'charismatic, competent and combatant' (think Blair - he was good at that)? If so, then Burnham would be very good. Or do I go for the candidate who is a philosopher who can actually think on a rational level but doesn't necessarily appeal to the media? This is what both Milibands are good at.

CallMeDave is good on the charismatic front and is, without doubt, a clever combatant at PMQs (although he doesn't actually answer questions - a role usually reserved for any opposition leader). But I don't think he's a deep thinker at all, rather a sound-bite knee-jerk politician.

I think Yvette Cooper would be a good shout and it saddens me that Alan Johnson took a back seat.

Aah of course! She's the only MP EVER to flout the law, isn't she :rolleyes: (not that I'm condoning driving whilst using a mobile BTW)
good to have a the opposition leader doing so, if ever she was elected by your lot.If you are happy to have someone with those principles as the leader then Pompey is the club for you.

BTW I think May should have gone, not that i know all the facts but it does look a mess, but the media do have a habit of showing it that way.

What a lovely yet useless peice of conjecture. Care to venture any evidence?

From the newspaper that broke the expenses story.

"At one point, Miss Cooper and Mr Balls, the Children’s Secretary and a close ally of Gordon Brown, had their expenses docked, after each submitted two monthly claims for mortgage interest of nearly £1,300.At the time, their mortgage statements showed the interest-only element of their mortgage stood at £733."

"Officials also warned them that they had submitted the same claim, for the month of July 2006, twice".

"During much of the period covered by the records seen by The Daily Telegraph, Mr Balls and Miss Cooper submitted regular claims for food, usually totalling up to £600 a month.MPs are entitled to claim up to £400 a month on their second-home allowance, but by both taking advantage of this rule, the couple were able to claim substantially more for a single household."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5325590/Ed-Balls-and-Yvette-Cooper-flipped-homes-three-times-MPs-expenses.html

"At one point, Miss Cooper and Mr Balls, the Children’s Secretary and a close ally of Gordon Brown, had their expenses docked, after each submitted two monthly claims for mortgage interest of nearly £1,300.At the time, their mortgage statements showed the interest-only element of their mortgage stood at £733."

"Officials also warned them that they had submitted the same claim, for the month of July 2006, twice".

"During much of the period covered by the records seen by The Daily Telegraph, Mr Balls and Miss Cooper submitted regular claims for food, usually totalling up to £600 a month.MPs are entitled to claim up to £400 a month on their second-home allowance, but by both taking advantage of this rule, the couple were able to claim substantially more for a single household."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5325590/Ed-Balls-and-Yvette-Cooper-flipped-homes-three-times-MPs-expenses.html

That's just so wrong.

However, Cooper is a very clever and able politician.

I see you Balls and Cooper and raise you Kirkbride and MacKay

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/feb/04/mackay-kirkbride-mps-expenses

to be pedantic (on a forum, surely not..) the original statement was:

Did you know that Balls and his wife both claim the full living allowances even though they share the same pad.

The terming of which implies that this currently the case where as the telegraph article refers to the past.

I see you Balls and Cooper and raise you Kirkbride and MacKay

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/feb/04/mackay-kirkbride-mps-expenses

You can raise me anyone you want, that doesn't alter the fact the the shadow Chancellor, and Gordon Brown's right hand man claimed interest of £1,300 when the payemnt was £733. If you cant even get your mortgage paymets right, what hope have you got of running the economy (unless of course, he knew full well what he was doing and was stealing the money)

That will just have been an 'oversight' on thier part. Had Joe Soap made the same error, it might have been construed as theft, fraud, misuse of public funds or whatever. But believe me, simply an oversight in this case.

How about the favourite party of some on here UKIP?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/6545334/Disgraced-ex-Ukip-MEP-Tom-Wise-jailed-for-two-years-for-expenses-fraud.html

Tom Wise, boasted openly about “repatriating” money from the EU to Britain as he lodged his £3,000-a-month claims for office staff, a court heard.

But, paying his researcher only a fraction of the allowance, he funnelled the rest into a secret bank account used to pay for shipments of fine wines and other personal expenditure.

Southwark Crown Court heard that the former member for the East of England could have pocketed up to £180,000 had the suspicious claims not been exposed by the Sunday Telegraph in 2005.