USA Saints - The TV hits keep coming (Brighton, Blackpool & Pompey games are all on)

*** Saints v Brighton is on Fox Soccer Plus (FSP)

8pm ET Sunday 20th (34 hour delay)

*** Saints v Blackpool.

LIVE on FSP. Sat Dec 10. 7.30am ET

*** Pompey v Saints.

FSP. Sunday 18th Dec. 11am.

So a 3 hour delay. I can well handle that. Gonna be a little bit torturous knowing the game has already finished but I'm def gonna avoid the score and watch it 'as live'. 11am is better for a few beers as well. Good news that it is being shown.

There's always something slightly weird about watching a game on delay. I don't know why since I know I can easily avoid the score - especially the 3 hour delay - but there's something to knowing that this is happening right now and the urgency that I feel is also being felt on the field.

Disappointed the Pompey game is on delay, although I'll certainly say that it's better for viewing purposes. Maybe I can roust up some indifferent friends to support our team with that kind of a timeslot. They certainly wouldn't be coming out for an 8 am game.

The delayed games seem a bit random. Brighton ain't on the TV in the UK. Due to being on a road trip it could end up with me avoiding the score of that one for 8 days. Not sure how feasible this is going to be. It would be good getting home & knowing you've got a game to watch though.

I'm with ya DanW on 'delay ain't the same thing'. It ain't but we can't be too choosey. I'd way rather be at the actual game anyway. Going from 8am to 11am ain't too bad though. It would have been worse if if was live at midday and not shown til 3pm.

All think we'll be in the Prem next season? At this moment in time I'm quietly confident. When Cov came back to 2-2 I did think 'back to reality - here we f#ckin go' but nope - we score another 2 to claim the 3 points.

It's a poor league. We've come up against pretty much every team that is supposed to be good and well - they just ain't. Keep creating chances like we have been and the league is definitely there for the taking.

I actually think these international breaks are coming in quite handy. It's like a lot of mini-seasons. We start the next mini-season with a head start on the others. It gives time for everyone to get their head together, iron out little things that ain't quite working (not sure what!) and then start over again.

The delayed games seem a bit random. Brighton ain't on the TV in the UK. Due to being on a road trip it could end up with me avoiding the score of that one for 8 days. Not sure how feasible this is going to be. It would be good getting home & knowing you've got a game to watch though.

That is a tough one, but doable! A 24 hr weekend delay is easy but an 8 day hiatus away from this site and most footy in general is not.

Good luck!

It's always nice driving back knowing that in a few hours there's a comfy sofa, beer, fag and an 'evening' Saints game to watch! :)

If these end up being live on FoxSoccer online - I think I might just give the trial a go for $10. Hate the delayed games - and the quality of FSP on verizon is poor - can't believe they still haven't found space for FSP HD.

Agreed that the Championship game quality most of the time on FSP (via Directv for me) is rubbish! I wish they'd sort it out.

Totally agree on the delay. Its as though I'm unable to impact the result with my superstitions and everything playing out has happened without us. Daft really, but how I feel.

I generally travel on weekends for work so will be carefully planning around these dates - or if I end up in your neck of the woods will be seeking bars for beers and games. I've Iowa tomorrow, then San Jose and Chicago coming up.

Yeah it is true that screaming at the TV only works for live games - I do give it a go on delayed ones as well though cos you never know. Parallel universes and all that.

The worst thing I hate about delayed games is I think that they are gonna scroll the scores across the bottom of the screen - including the game I am watching. I've not been stung like that (yet) this season so hopefully they are clued up enough to not do that.

They've not got the Pompey game listed on http://www.foxsoccer.tv/ yet. Even if it is I think I'll still stick with the 3 hour delay.

I don't think any provider shows Championship games in HD on FSP. It's funny how we are all HD snobs now. Won't be too many years before it will be 'I ain't watching that HD 3D showing of it cos you still have to wear glasses to watch that channel'.

Anyway - enjoy the games everyone.

Hi guys across the pond from the western coast of Europe here. Give this link a go, it's 100% free with no sign up required. I fully expect the game to be shown live at 3pm GMT but as I said in another fred we'll have to wait and see for sure. It's worth bookmarking as it shows all the Prem games which of course will essential next season (fingers crossed)

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/

Regards and HTH. COYMR !!

Saints v Brighton is indeed live on FoxSoccer.tv - think I will sign up on Friday - the one month trial membership should just about see me through to the Pompey game.

Hi. Any idea if you can subscribe for a month? M here on holiday and desperate to see the game

Thanks

Hi. Any idea if you can subscribe for a month? M here on holiday and desperate to see the game

https://secure.foxsoccer.tv/buy says you can get a month for $10 - but then you have to make sure to cancel or else you'll be clobbered for a yearly subscription. I have no idea how easy they make it for you to cancel - never tried it.

Has anyone done this before? From experience with other sites they often make it so you have to call them to cancel it - there's no nice big button on the website. This one may different - don't know...

I subscribed this morning for the $10 first month trial - on-demand streaming quality seems reasonable - don't know what it will be like for a live game yet.

Cancellation - according to the FAQs it should be easy...

f you have a current subscription and want to unsubscribe from FOXSoccer.TV, you can do so by logging into FOXSoccer.tv using your current login email address and password then following these steps:

· Select the 'My Account' tab on the main horizontal navigation bar

· On the left side of the page click on 'Unsubscribe'

· You must then select the reason for unsubscribing to the service

· Now you can hit the 'Unsubscribe' button

Following this you will now be directed to the 'My Account' details section, 'Repeat Billing: False' will be displayed as confirmation your subscription has been cancelled.

• 2 weeks later...
I subscribed this morning for the $10 first month trial - on-demand streaming quality seems reasonable - don't know what it will be like for a live game yet.

Good quality? Worked fine?

The Totton game is live on there. That is the clincher for me. If I subscribe for the trial month I'll get that & the Pompey v Saints game - plus tons of other stuff:

http://www.foxsoccer.tv/upcoming

The Blackpool game is live on there as well (despite it being live on TV as well).

As an ex-Tottoner then this Sunday is a big deal. Waiting til 9pm ET to watch it will be a killer (plus that clashes with the New Orleans Saints game).

Tea Oh Tea, Tea Oh En....

OK - all signed up on foxsoccer.tv and just watching Palace v Derby live on there. It is HD/widescreen & the quality is superb. There is no score/clock at the top. Old school. No commercials. Feed is from Sky. You can hear the crowd. Full screen available at a click. In 45 mins it hasn't buffered or crashed once.

If Saints get promoted then I think we'll have every game available live - either on TV or online through this. It's been nice knowing you Radio Solent but it'll be bye, bye from me... I did say IF there. Long way to go yet.

Sorry didn't see your message a couple of days ago - see you took the plunge. Quality on Saints/Brighton was good (far better than the free streams) - HT was amusing watching them editing for the highlights clips. Also watched Derby/West Ham last week and my son has watched a couple of other games. Seems some games have a scoreboard on display but most don't. A slight irritation but as I don't have the patience to wait for the delayed games if there is another option, then it is an irritation I can live with. Like that you can still pause the action like a DVR - though the rewind/ffw options were a bit rough.

Also watched 10 mins of one egg-chasers game on the Ipad (wi-fi) just to see what it was like and quality was also good.

At this point I am seriously considering laying down the $170 for the annual subs and cancelling FS+. Or maybe the $99 six month deal might be the way to go actually. Don't think Fox have got the Euros.

For those who have signed up to foxsoccer.tv then Reading v West Ham game is on live after the Saints game. If Saints win then this will be a good follow up.

Then the real follow up of course next Sunday...

Now if there was a Roku application for Fox online, I'd jump on it as well. I'm sure it's fairly easy to get computer streaming on to the TV, but I'm too lazy to try right now.

If true about every Saints game (promotion pending) then I'm absolutely in. I'm paying $15 just for FSP per month (not subscribed to FSC) . I'd be ordering both if Saints were in the Prem, that'd set me back about $25 a month - and that's without a guaranteed game each week.

$170 is a no-brainer, although I wish they could do something like HBO To Go currently offer - if you subscribe to HBO via the TV, you have access to their entire archive online or through a media player (Roku). How about subscribing to FSC/FSP and getting their online content included?! ;)

LV - you always make things complicated don't ya! I had to look up what Roku was. If it works for what you need then fair play.

I just have my PC linked to my TV via an HDMI cable. You can then make your TV a 2nd monitor. Drag whatever from the PC onto the TV - a click to make it fullscreen and job done. The espn3 & foxsoccertv streams look excellent like this and you can have the sound coming through your home theatre. Chuck in a wireless keyboard/mouse and job done. Works for me even if this is perhaps a bit too old school for some people (you use a PC???? you use a cable????).

What do other people use to watch online stuff via their TV?

LV - you always make things complicated don't ya! I had to look up what Roku was. If it works for what you need then fair play.

I just have my PC linked to my TV via an HDMI cable. You can then make your TV a 2nd monitor. Drag whatever from the PC onto the TV - a click to make it fullscreen and job done. The espn3 & foxsoccertv streams look excellent like this and you can have the sound coming through your home theatre. Chuck in a wireless keyboard/mouse and job done. Works for me even if this is perhaps a bit too old school for some people (you use a PC???? you use a cable????).

What do other people use to watch online stuff via their TV?

Sounds like a nifty and pretty straightforward setup there Rut. Be helpful to watch downloaded shows instead of via a thumb drive and dvd player as well.

I like my Roku player. Great if you have Netflix/Hulu etc and an older TV (without the built in wireless apps.)