Ark of the Covenant found in Greece

farawaysaint

Greece in 'trying to boost tourism because their economy is shot' shocker.

Reminds me a bit of Hugo Guthrie, the fictional mayor of Tipton. He would frequently appear in Viz, claiming that religious and cultural artefacts had been found in the West Midlands. Tipton, to be specific :D

You mean you believed Mr. "My X-wing lasted 30 seconds" Porkins ???

I watched the 1977 version of that film the other day.

He actually is called Porkins!

Still, we should not be surprised. We got Jar Jar years later, after all.

Allow me to enlighten you on a little know fact inside the world of archeaology.

Excavations in most of the countries surrounding the Med, are funded with private money being donated to a university or institute, with a license to excavate at sites of interest. Compared to Northern European sites, which are mostly there because of new development of the land, sites in this area are all research projects.

So what does the project manager do, when the choosen site doesn't reveal anything "new" or "exciting"? They make up a theory, often linked to a legend (most likely either The Illiad or The Odysse) to boost the site to potential new investors.

I've worked for a Dutch professor, who wouldn't speak of anything but her theory, in order to make it more believable. As a result, she lost the license and the site in Southern Italy, to a more "professional" archeaologist..... not me BTW