Free Colour TV

Gemmel

28 inch Phillips with remote, fully working, good picture with built in stand.

Free if you can collect (Southampton)

Mods; If this should be in a different forum, just move it on.

Was just about to offer mine up as well (big Sony thing) as understand charity shops aren't keen on them!!

Are you off to buy a new one then?? We're off up to John Lewis to pick one up after the Argos adverts made us think about trading in our less than slimline thing!!!!

You still get better picture quality from a half decent old tube set than an expensive brand new lcd. Sound is usually better too (and this is coming from someone who spent a lot on a new lcd tv).

I went for a samsung led and the picture is superior.

You bought the wrong one then

Not really. Well done on sucking up that marketing though. Even now very good CRT's like B&O or Loewe have much better colour rendition and lack of motion blurring and sound than the very best lcds.

Edited by buctootim

Not really. Well done on sucking up that marketing though. Even now very good CRT's like B&O or Loewe have much better colour rendition and lack of motion blurring and sound than the very best lcds.

You were actually correct with your first post though - most decent crt's will out perform most lcd's. But with the advent of widescreen presentation and the widespread availability of HD will probably see the end of old crt sets. That said, the lcd set that I had in my bedroom recently developed a fault, so we 'temporarily' replaced it with the old crt that had since been demoted to the loft. Added a freeview box for 20 quid - and the picture is noticably better than a bog standard lcd.

You were actually correct with your first post though - most decent crt's will out perform most lcd's. But with the advent of widescreen presentation and the widespread availability of HD will probably see the end of old crt sets. That said, the lcd set that I had in my bedroom recently developed a fault, so we 'temporarily' replaced it with the old crt that had since been demoted to the loft. Added a freeview box for 20 quid - and the picture is noticably better than a bog standard lcd.

Exactly that. I actually had a CRT HD tv (they did make them for a while) and it was superb.The 'high end' Sony I have now isnt a patch on it.