Bond Films

dune

They are pure class. Just watching Octopussy now on ITV4 and Bond and Q are coming to the rescue in a hot air balloon in the colours of the Union Flag. I think these films had a huge influence in making me the proud and loyal subject that I am. Oh for the days before the dull and homourless Liberal Elite PC brigade.

these films had a huge influence in making me the proud and loyal subject that I am.

Loyal up until you support an individual and regime that committed treason against this great country of ours.

You cannot be loyal to the Crown whilst supporting an individual who committed treason against the same Crown.

They are pure class. Just watching Octopussy now on ITV4 and Bond and Q are coming to the rescue in a hot air balloon in the colours of the Union Flag. I think these films had a huge influence in making me the proud and loyal subject that I am. Oh for the days before the dull and homourless Liberal Elite PC brigade.

Someone has set the dunebot settings up to max again.

Loyal up until you support an individual and regime that committed treason against this great country of ours.

You cannot be loyal to the Crown whilst supporting an individual who committed treason against the same Crown.

That's like saying you can't be a Saints fan unless you want a fan on the board.

That's like saying you can't be a Saints fan unless you want a fan on the board.

I would suggest that treason is somewhat more serious than supporter representation and loyalty to this country is impossible if you continue to support the actions of a traitor.

(plus had Smith a farm worker in his Government, then things might have been different).

Dune darling, there is nothing 'loyal' and 'patriotic' about supporting a political party which is only interested in lining their pockets and those of their rich buddies at the expense of the rest of the country. Also, it is not patriotic to support a dead racist White Supremacist. Oh but hang on, that is what the Tory party is...

• 2 weeks later...
Dune darling, there is nothing 'loyal' and 'patriotic' about supporting a political party which is only interested in lining their pockets and those of their rich buddies at the expense of the rest of the country. Also, it is not patriotic to support a dead racist White Supremacist. Oh but hang on, that is what the Tory party is...

Well said that man!!!

The last thing any film or tory government will ever make me feel is patriotic.

Not when this condem government does not put as much effort in looking after the British people who have contributed to this country,as they do fighting needless wars and looking after their own interests.Instead they rob the pensions of the normal working class person to plug the mistakes of millionare ministers and bankers.

The sooner this government is voted out the better.

Anyway its a well known fact that Bond films are always better under a labour government!

Edited by rocknrollman no2

Well said that man!!!

The last thing any film or tory government will ever make me feel is patriotic.

Not when this condem government does not put as much effort in looking after the British people who have contributed to this country,as they do fighting needless wars and looking after their own interests.Instead they rob the pensions of the normal working class person to plug the mistakes of millionare ministers and bankers.

The sooner this government is voted out the better.

Anyway its a well known fact that Bond films are always better under a labour government!

Blair and Iraq.

Brown/Balls raiding private sector pensions.

I'm really pleased we have a Tory government that is dealing with the public sector. It's about time these people were dragged into the real world because it's the private sector (and people that work in the private sector) that foots the bill for the waste.

And as for the strike, I welcome it. Because we can now deal with the Unions properly and outlaw strikes that don't receive at least 50% of membership support. It's a great opportunity to finally break the public sector and get Britain back on it's feet.

Edited by dune

And as for the strike, I welcome it. Because we can now deal with the Unions properly and outlaw strikes that don't receive at least 50% of membership support.

2/3 rds of MPs do not have 50% of the total electoral vote in their constituency, so will the same rules apply to them ?

"We are all in this together",so says this Tory government that you support Dune,yet no pension rights of any government minister will be effected and they will still receive all thats promised to them.

As for the unions you seem to hate,without them i bet the ruling classes would never have given the workers rights such as holidays,minimum wages,sick pay and pensions(oh they want to take back our pensions)!!

In 1959, Fleming wanted Hitchcock to direct Dr No with Richard Burton as Bond. Fortunately, Hitchcock went off to make Psycho instead, and changed the course of cinema rather than wasting his time on formulaic prequels to Johnny English.

The only things good about Bond movies were the Aston Martin DB5, Ken Adam's sets, Maurice Binder's titles and Monty Norman's theme, arranged to sound 'surf' (en vogue at the time) by John Barry. The rest, including Connery, were all disposable.

In 1959, Fleming wanted Hitchcock to direct Dr No with Richard Burton as Bond. Fortunately, Hitchcock went off to make Psycho instead, and changed the course of cinema rather than wasting his time on formulaic prequels to Johnny English.

The only things good about Bond movies were the Aston Martin DB5, Ken Adam's sets, Maurice Binder's titles and Monty Norman's theme, arranged to sound 'surf' (en vogue at the time) by John Barry. The rest, including Connery, were all disposable.

Connery was OK, but Roger Moore was the best.