Can we have a Saintsweb 'touch icon' please?

Spudders

Can Saintsweb have a WebClip Bookmark icon added to the site coding, so that when people with apple iphones/ipads set the site to their homescreen, the icon is added rather than a small thumbnail of the screen as a whole? I guess this may also work for andriod as well?

There's a bit about how to do it at the link below (I'm sure it's very simple to someone like Baj & Steve who have developer type skills!) It says in the link how people can do it themselves and although we maybe able to do it, it'd be easier if the site had one embedded that automatically got picked up by all that saved the site link.

http://allinthehead.com/retro/319/how-to-set-an-apple-touch-icon-for-any-site

so instead of saving it and the icon looking like this....

currenty.png

It could look like this (or something along these lines)......

swebicon.png

Excellent, it’s just automatically changed on my phone when I used it to view the site, thanks to you both for doing this.

One thing I would mention and I guess this is my fault as I assumed that you'd want to do your own version as mine was just intended as an example. But my example had the reflection under it, which has been included inside the icon. It's not a massive problem (it still looks good as it is now), however I've done a couple more version without the reflection that I think would look better.

Appreciate you may not be bothered having to spend the time changing it again Steve, but if you can, here’s a better looking version (one with a red background and one with a black background!)

iconblackbg.png

iconredbg.png

Cheers gents :thumbup:

That should be done now, you might need to clear out your cache for it to take effect.

Nice one Steve, thanks for changing, looks good.

Do you not use tapatalk then? Makes viewing the forum do much easier on apple products

Nah, I've thought about it, but I like the standard view of the forum, doesn't tapatalk strip out all the colour and stuff so that pages load quicker?

Nice one Steve, thanks for changing, looks good.

Nah, I've thought about it, but I like the standard view of the forum, doesn't tapatalk strip out all the colour and stuff so that pages load quicker?

It recently added purchasable colour options if you want it to look pretty.

Does make it 100 times easier to view and post on threads but do know what ya mean