Rio Ferdinand

Viking Warrior

What are your thoughts on rio Ferdinand ? He comes a cross as a right cock and every disenfranchised footballers barrack room lawyer . It seems the media turn to him knowing they will get a comment which fuels their agenda much like chorley or Illingsworth re most things saints . Clearly the British media are after Blatters head . I can understands partly what Blatter has said don't totally agree things are said in the heat of the moment on the football field especially when someone has just run the studs down your leg . I'm sure many footballers call each other all sorts of names . He is not squeaky clean . If somebody curses in the heat of the moment does it make it racist? I have a very good Indian friend who regularly refers to me as white homky . I'm not offended after all I'm white . Rio Ferdinand has always been a Whinger .

Can't stand him - complete and utter kn*b. Unbelievably Over paid and over rated footballer who seem's to know everything. Although I do agree that the comments from Blatter are ridiculous, a genuinely racist comment obviously can't be sorted with a handshake on the pitch. If that was the rule anyone could say anything and blame it on the "heat of the moment".

If somebody curses in the heat of the moment does it make it racist? I have a very good Indian friend who regularly refers to me as white homky . I'm not offended after all I'm white . Rio Ferdinand has always been a Whinger .

If you don't take offence that's up to you, he's your mate after all. That doesn't mean that others shouldn't take offence if they're called something with a racial term. If someone of another colour who was my mate called me "white honky" as a joke then I wouldn't take offence either but then I live in a country in which I'm in the vast majority colour-wise, I've never been abused or discriminated against because I'm white and there is no history of me or my ancestors being victimised for being white. It's for me to see it as a joke but a bit different for others.

Ferdinand is an utter prat, and a thoroughly overrated egotist. As has been mentioned above, he spouts off at every opportunity about anything and everything as if he regards himself as the fount of all wisdom and knowledge instead of a very average thicko footballer. Then again, Blatters an idiot as well, I cant understand how he's clung on this long, surely he'll have to go soon?

I agree totally with you anothersaintinsouthsea but there is discrimination up here some local folk discriminate against the english /welsh and irish . I just turn a deaf ear to it.

but then Im not one that gets sensitive over particular issues unless I upset someone on the forum LOL

I don't discriminate. I like everyone who is White, heterosexual, aged between 25-45, less than 20% body fat but more than 10%, in full time employment and earns over £30k a year, goes on holiday at least once a year, wears designer clothes, doesn't live in a council house or flat, doesn't have more than 2 kids, averages over 6 for looks but less than 9, lives south of London, east of fareham and west of Poole. Doesn't wear scarves with t-shirts and no jumper when it's cold. Doesn't wear suits where the trousers and sleeves are too long form them and with bad shoes. Isn't too posh. Isn't too common. Likes football but is not a weird statto geek. Doesn't have a dull job but not one that is interesting as well that I would want do. Doesn't moan too much but isnt annoyingly happy all the time. Showers or bathes at least once a day and cleans teeth at least twice. Never wears dirty clothes. Never smells. I like everyone like that.

Great Post Adriansfc

There is still alot of rivalry between the home nation internationals. but we do not hear much about that as in cricket its called sledging . I guess it is to with the intent of what is said. Scotland has a major problem with the bigotory card now being played

The judges wil have a difficult deciding what is and what isnt bigotted singing. Some say singing the fields of athenry is bigoted. Yes the IRA use it at the funerals of their terrorist brethren and like wise the proddies. I cannot remember the alledged anthem

maybe we should stop singing oh when the saints go marching in .it might just offend a few religious groups,

This whole issue needs to be dealt with using common sense and not jumping to conclusions especially fuelled by the media in the UK.

Russia and Spain do have a problem and that does need to be addressed as is the case in many former eastern bloc states

I don't discriminate. I like everyone who is White, heterosexual, aged between 25-45, less than 20% body fat but more than 10%, in full time employment and earns over £30k a year, goes on holiday at least once a year, wears designer clothes, doesn't live in a council house or flat, doesn't have more than 2 kids, averages over 6 for looks but less than 9, lives south of London, east of fareham and west of Poole. Doesn't wear scarves with t-shirts and no jumper when it's cold. Doesn't wear suits where the trousers and sleeves are too long form them and with bad shoes. Isn't too posh. Isn't too common. Likes football but is not a weird statto geek. Doesn't have a dull job but not one that is interesting as well that I would want do. Doesn't moan too much but isnt annoyingly happy all the time. Showers or bathes at least once a day and cleans teeth at least twice. Never wears dirty clothes. Never smells. I like everyone like that.

You've just described me perfectly expect for the fact that I'm a 10 for looks. I must try harder

Rio is an example of everything that is wrong with the whole celebrity surrounding Team England and the "Golden Generation"

However he HAS managed to land some well aimed kicks straight into Blatter's nuts.

For that I and many many others salute him. He succeeded where many other wiser heads failed

Blatter is head of world football. He basically said Racism is okay, as long as people shake on it at the end of the match. That's a ridiculous thing to say as head of world football, and just shows how removed he is from reality. As head of FIFA, he has to have a zero tolerance approach. He should go.

If you give yourself a 10 you are too arrogant so i'd hate you. I'd give myself a 7 but everyone else gives me a 10. That is acceptable.

Not my opinion mate, 99.9% rating on hot or not back in the day. Just stating the facts. Don't feel insecure about it though Turkish, it's a sign of weakness.

Not my opinion mate, 99.9% rating on hot or not back in the day. Just stating the facts. Don't feel insecure about it though Turkish, it's a sign of weakness.

I dont like people that are insecure either, i should have added that. Patheticly needing the approval of others in order to function.

Am i hot or not, now you're talking, that was quality internet viewing. Many a stitch up by placing hideous pictures of ladies i knew on there and watch them getting slated.

I think we could be friends.

I dont like people that are insecure either, i should have added that. Patheticly needing the approval of others in order to function.

Am i hot or not, now you're talking, that was quality internet viewing. Many a stitch up by placing hideous pictures of ladies i knew on there and watch them getting slated.

I think we could be friends.

That's not a nice way of treating your girlfriends