Black players awards

Turkish

With all the recent discussion about racism in football I wondered what peoples view on these recently held awards. The whole point of racist campaigns is that everyone is the same regardless of colour. A few years back there was am anti racism advert on sky featuring Cantona, Henry and a couple of other players asking if people saw a frenchman, a Blackman or a footballer. I thought it was one of the best anti-racism campaigns ever and really highlighted the point of seeing everyone the same.

So do the black player awards help? Whilst the intentions are correct all it's doing is drawing attention to the colour of skin of the player and almost making it an issue in itself. If we are suppose to see footballers and people not races and nationalities then why are these awards taking place?

Edited by Turkish

It's absolutely racist. Just like the MOBO awards are - despite some of the more stupid people claiming they aren't.

If the award / reward cannot be won by a white, Asian, Chinese, yellow, red, blue, purple or any other colour of person except a black person, then it is segregation and racist, in exactly the same way as Apartheid and it's own version of exclusion was also racist.

It's absolutely racist. Just like the MOBO awards are - despite some of the more stupid people claiming they aren't.

If the award / reward cannot be won by a white, Asian, Chinese, yellow, red, blue, purple or any other colour of person except a black person, then it is segregation and racist, in exactly the same way as Apartheid and it's own version of exclusion was also racist.

Positive discrimination isn't discrimination because the Liberal Elite say so.

Although a white singer, Jessie J, triumphed in four of the five categories for which she was nominated.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/oct/05/mobos-glasgow-jessie-j-wins-four

Have we established a cut off point yet? I'm going with maple Sugar. Dune you're in luck pal, get that fake tan on, I can see you up there with Paul Elliott praising black players contribution to football and then the following week saying skin colour doesn't matter.

In the slave trading days slaves were categorised by their skin tone. I know this is going off on a tangent, but it astounds me that black people are accepting of these awards which basically pigeon hole them by their skin tone. Ok it's not as specific as it was with different shades, but it still separates them from others based purely on skin tone.

http://extra.shu.ac.uk/wpw/race/murphet.htm

Oh great, yet another thread for our resident scumbag closet racists to talk puerile rubbish.

What's your view in The Black players awards verbal? You must have one. Right or wrong, given we are told to see people not skin colour.

"Mystic Beige" was the name of a Romany fortune-teller I consulted once at a fair. She told me nothing very interesting would ever happen to me and that I would lead an extraordinarily average life, and I have to say she was spot on the money with that one.

Oh great, yet another thread for our resident scumbag closet racists to talk puerile rubbish.

True, but given that they are obviously ignorant of basic biology, genetics and human evolution, (let alone ethics) it does present an opportunity to try and educate the ignorant ***** sadly their mental age seems stuck at around 7 so probably wont be able to grasp the very simple concept that we are indeed of the same species and gene pool. Climate and environmental factors have in the last 100,000 years or so led to changes in the phenotypic expression of a few genes and thats basically it - the cultural differences are no more than 500-1500 years old, which given that humans have been around for about 2 million years suggests it also has feck all baring on things.

True' date=' but given that they are obviously ignorant of basic biology, genetics and human evolution, (let alone ethics) it does present an opportunity to try and educate the ignorant ***** sadly their mental age seems stuck at around 7 so probably wont be able to grasp the very simple concept that we are indeed of the same species and gene pool. Climate and environmental factors have in the last 100,000 years or so led to changes in the phenotypic expression of a few genes and thats basically it - the cultural differences are no more than 500-1500 years old, which given that humans have been around for about 2 million years suggests it also has feck all baring on things.[/quote']

All very interesting (as ever) FC. So would it be acceptable to have White Players Awards? And if not why is it acceptable to have Black Players Awards?

True' date=' but given that they are obviously ignorant of basic biology, genetics and human evolution, (let alone ethics) it does present an opportunity to try and educate the ignorant ***** sadly their mental age seems stuck at around 7 so probably wont be able to grasp the very simple concept that we are indeed of the same species and gene pool. Climate and environmental factors have in the last 100,000 years or so led to changes in the phenotypic expression of a few genes and thats basically it - the cultural differences are no more than 500-1500 years old, which given that humans have been around for about 2 million years suggests it also has feck all baring on things.[/quote']

Interesting as ever Frank.

Excuse me for being "ignorant" but i think it's a valid point. We are told in anti racism capaigns, quite rightly, to see people, not skin colour or nationality. Yet here we are having the very people telling us to do this segregating and praising people based on skin colour. Prehaps you cant see past your own ignorance that is seems slightly hypocritical.

All very interesting (as ever) FC. So would it be acceptable to have White Players Awards? And if not why is it acceptable to have Black Players Awards?

Thinks its fairly obvious that when you have a situation with a majority and a minority that often the minority get together for mutual support (as they are in the minority) where as the majority don't need that support. These people in the minority may feel they need things like awards to recognise those in their minority that might not get the recognition otherwise. Thus you have the black list awards (as they are called) but you do not get white player awards as those in the majority are better catered for by organisations that cover all footballers, such as the PFA and so do not tend to form their own group.

I wasn't allowed into a gay bar recently with my missus cos I blatantly wasn't a gay, being proper manly and ****, but if they weren't allowed to come into normal bars there would be uproar.

You should try the one in St Marys Street, name escapes me for a minute, very good bar.

Thinks its fairly obvious that when you have a situation with a majority and a minority that often the minority get together for mutual support (as they are in the minority) where as the majority don't need that support. These people in the minority may feel they need things like awards to recognise those in their minority that might not get the recognition otherwise. Thus you have the black list awards (as they are called) but you do not get white player awards as those in the majority are better catered for by organisations that cover all footballers, such as the PFA and so do not tend to form their own group.

But we are told in anti racist campaigns everyone is equal and to see a footballer and a person. yet now we are being told to praise people based on skin colour. Ironically by the same people that tell us everyone is equal and not to make judgements and differentiate based on this. It's all very confusing. :?

So íf you're a minority it's ok to exlclude others, but not if you are white/british it's not ok to exclude them. That is racism/discrimination against whites.

But we are told in anti racist campaigns everyone is equal and to see a footballer and a person. yet now we are being told to praise people based on skin colour. Ironically by the same people that tell us everyone is equal and not to make judgements and differentiate based on this. It's all very confusing. :?

Where in this are we told to praise people based on their skin colour? If people in a minority want to get together and celebrate the achievements of some members of that minority then that's fine by me.

The one by the bridge? Not been in there, lived in Craven Street for a year or so about 3 or 4 years ago so was our local.

that;s the one, you can see down into the garden as you walk down towards it. I sometimes pop in there after football on the way back up town. Nice bar.

Roll up roll up, and not one leftie can defend these awards. Come on Solentstars, tell us why the black players awards are fine, but white players awards would be racist.
i,m thinking of takeing bets when you will be post your next thread defending the bnp,natfront,edl,hitler has good family people and launching attacks on the working people of this country,moderates and the liberal elite has usual.anyway why are you posting on a working class sport like football surely you should be into cricket or rugby or being thrashed on the backside by your fag at eton old bean:lol:nanny sends her love:)

Where in this are we told to praise people based on their skin colour? If people in a minority want to get together and celebrate the achievements of some members of that minority then that's fine by me.

The black player awards. We are told to celebrate the achievements of people based on their skin colour.

Some of you are too blind to see it but we have all these, very commendable and accurate, anti racism campaigns tell us everyone is equal, skin colour shouldn't matter.

The same people that tell us not to judge on skin colour and how bad it is to do that are championing these awards. It doesn't seem to apply in this instance. It is making an issue of skin colour when we shouldn't do.

Edited by Turkish

No THEY are celebrating, I failed to see where we are told to celebrate.

THEY? What do you mean THEY? Are you differentiating people due to their skin colour?

And Celebreating what? That a black player scored 20 goals in a season? That a black player won 10 international caps. WHy does it matter what their skin colour is? OUr anti racism campaigns tell us it doesn't, why does it matter now?

Although a white singer, Jessie J, triumphed in four of the five categories for which she was nominated.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/oct/05/mobos-glasgow-jessie-j-wins-four

Best comment in that link:

Imagine the stink if there was a Music Of White Origins awards
What would the categories be - "Best Morris Dancer"?

Ryan Giggs is white. Definately white.

Nope, mixed race.

http://www.intermix.org.uk/word_up/word_up_06_ryan.asp