How old were you when you left home?

View From The Top

16 years and one month, to go to college in the midlands for three years. Came back home for about two months afterwards to the only actual employment I've ever suffered, then moved back to another part of the midlands for a further three years.

I was a late starter it seems didn't leave until I was 22. Finished higher education at 20 (but went local and commuted from my parents house) then couldn't afford to leave home until I found a lady to share with. Went back to live with my parents for three months at 27 and took a wife and baby with me while we were between houses. Still only live a 10 minute drive away from my parents and see them quite a bit. Take the family around to my parents for one of my mums roasts (still the best roast dinner I've ever had) on a sunday about once a month.

Appears people are living with their parents for longer so out of interest how old were you when you left home?

I was 16 and went straight to sea.

Same as you.

I was 16 years and 5 days old when I left home to join the Royal Navy.

I was 8. (boarding school for ten years on music scholarships)

Moved out of my parents house at 19 to live with a mate in Chiswick, moved back home 3 months later and lived there until 3 years ago, aged 27, to live with my missus.

Sounds that like me you an ex Ganges lad

Thats the place, Climbed to the cow horns on the mast, Would of sh*t me self trying to swing out on that button.

There was a program on sky last year showing Shotly barracks, Crying shame to see the state of the mast and Ganges now.

18 after I finished college. Moved in with 3 mates to a 5 bedroom house. Lived the dream for a year before having to move out and got a flat with my then missus.

Moved back for 4 weeks when I was between places. Hated nearly every second (apart from having my washing done for me) and got out as quickly as I could.

Thats the place, Climbed to the cow horns on the mast, Would of sh*t me self trying to swing out on that button.

There was a program on sky last year showing Shotly barracks, Crying shame to see the state of the mast and Ganges now.

Ha Ha yeah thats as high as I got, scary view from there, was I Hawke 1 mess top of the short covered way, may 72 till feb 73, good times looking back. Friday night routine, the CMG, three weeks work ship, the cross country course, laundry hill, faith hope and charity, the bowling alley, the list goes on.

I still live at home with my parents. I spend most of my time in my bedroom posting on here and masterbating to youtube clips of Suzannah Reid on BBC Breakfast.

I wish I could believe that was a joke :lol:

What time did you get to the match yesterday you tw*t, now I know why you were running late ;)