Robin Gibb diagnosed with liver cancer

SuperMikey

I was shocked when I heard.I have been a mega fan of the Bee Gees when they first appeared in the late 60's

Their music is vastly underated and they are as big if not bigger than the likes of the Stones Beatles etc.

The Bee Gees were not about the saturday night fever stuff. but their music before and after that era.

They have written songs for artists across the globe .

My Grandad died of Liver cancer. They found it one day and with in 48hrs he was dead. I know others who also died from CA of the Liver. While I hope that Robin will survive I honestly think he hasnt long to live and another great musician and singer will be taken from us.

I was shocked when I heard.I have been a mega fan of the Bee Gees when they first appeared in the late 60's

Their music is vastly underated and they are as big if not bigger than the likes of the Stones Beatles etc.

The Bee Gees were not about the saturday night fever stuff. but their music before and after that era.

My Grandad died of Liver cancer. They found it one day and with in 48hrs he was dead. I know others who also died from CA of the Liver. While I hope that Robin will survive I honestly think he hasnt long to live and another great musician and singer will be taken from us.

To be honest Dune, I would rather be diagnosed with something vicious and fatal and be dead within 48 hours than suffer decades of slow and painful decline. I've seen too many people go through that. My father in law died instantly from a brain haemorrhage aged 68 while he was washing his car, if I was given the choice I'd prefer that to the ten years of pain my grandmother went through.

Really sad news. Two other brothers died early, one only 30 and one in his 50s but their muim is still fit at 91. You can never take anything for granted.

On a side note, Wiki entry says "only Elvis Presley, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Garth Brooks and Paul McCartney have outsold the Bee Gees". Had no idea Garth Brooks was in that sort of league.

That is what did for my mum sadly. Gave her 3 years tops, she lasted 5 almost to the day of diagnosis. Horrible disease and horrible seeing someone dying in front of your eyes, getting slightly worse everytime you see them.

Same with my dad. Do you mean weeks or months instead of years?