The Good Deed Of The Day Thread

dune

In this 'walk on by' age, I thought it'd be nice to have a good deed of the day thread where you can share with your forum friends little stories of uplifting acts of unselfish generosity.

I'll start the ball rolling. I was in town today purchasing a top of the range cordless telephone with additional handset, and as I was approaching the Argos store heard a distinctly foreign voice calling me "big issue please". Others had walked on by, but not me. I stopped and turned to the poor unfortunate creature and duely gave directions to the job centre.:smug:

FAO Thorpe-le-mong, the item I wanted was reduced by 25% in said shop, hence going in there. Are there any other shops that snooty people like you avoid?

25% off? Times are tight on the dole. Thankfully I work in the public sector and it's glorious financial benefits bubble.

Your usual really: Asda, Argos, JJB etc etc

Oddly enough, shopping isn't on the national curriculum, but you know what the wishy washy Tories are like - who knows what the future will bring?

But surely you could drop your views into a class. Use your imagination. I'm sure all the parents would really appreciate it.