Afghanistan: Morally bankrupt war.

1976_Child

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15904197

Shocking. Utterly awful.

So we have gone to war in Afghanistan to stop terrorists from indiscriminately killing innocent people. What do we do? Indiscriminately kill (murder) innocent people. And it wasn't even in Afghanistan!!

Never mind the fact that Nato has attacked and killed soldiers of a neighbouring country.

Dear God, we are totally morally bankrupt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15904197

Shocking. Utterly awful.

So we have gone to war in Afghanistan to stop terrorists from indiscriminately killing innocent people. What do we do? Indiscriminately kill (murder) innocent people. And it wasn't even in Afghanistan!!

Never mind the fact that Nato has attacked and killed soldiers of a neighbouring country.

Dear God, we are totally morally bankrupt.

I'd wait until I knew all the facts before spouting off. It's a very complex situation.

I'd wait until I knew all the facts before spouting off. It's a very complex situation.

The facts are that Nato has killed 24 Pakistanis. This has been all but admitted by the top general.

If it transpires that they were deliberately targeted then it is even worse than just plain 'murder' because it means that effectively Nato has declared war on Pakistan. You don't need to tell me that it is a complex situation. I am well aware of the tension in the region which is precisely why our involvement in this unnecessary and un-winable war is so stupid. Nothing good will come out of this. Pakistan is a tinder box, in case you hadn't noticed, and they have nuclear weapons and a huge army.

Perhaps it is time more people started 'spouting off' to stop this disgusting bully-boy overreach by the 'virtuous' west.

edit:

"The Pakistani army said in a statement that two border posts had been attacked by helicopters and fighter aircraft, killing 24 people and leaving 13 injured.

It said Pakistani troops fired back as best they could. "

Do you not see how ****ing serious it is when Pakistani soldiers have fired back at US forces? How to win friends and influence them by the good old war-mongering US of A.

Edited by 1976_Child

The problem with Afghanistan is that historically it's been a cause of endless conflict when you decide to ignore it, and a even bigger bloody mess if you try to intervene. NATO will be gone in a few years time and what will become of the place then is anyone's guess. The western backed regime in power there seems both corrupt and ineffectual, so a 'South Vietnam' style collapse back into Taliban rule can by no means be ruled out.

If that were to happen then all the blood that's been spilled there will have been for nothing.